• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers - Saints

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought our defense did plenty to stop Seattle. We make that FG and everyone would have been talking about how that Russel Wilson fumble in OT cost his team the game. Instead we missed it and asked our defense to stop Wilson for a 3rd time in OT. You can only hold down a great player for so long, and he got us on that final drive. Our defense forced that fumble though and got Seattle to go 3 and out on their 2nd possession. They gave the offense a chance to win it.
That is a fair assessment. Not that it matters, but it was an INT, not a fumble.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Carolina shouldn't be an easy win for Seattle. East coast trip against a good team coming off of a bad loss. Seattle has not exactly been dominating anyone all season. They keep getting their wins in tight games. That said if they win @Carolina I don't see Arizona being a challenge at home so we will need to go into Seattle and beat them.
Huh? They just fired their coach and got smoked by Atlanta. The Panthers have nothing and Seattle will want to makeup for their face plant in L.A. yesterday..

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An expensive victory. Richburg gone for the year and Ford and Sherman gone for the rest of the regular season. A steep price to pay.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Officially SF vs Atlanta
SF vs Rams
SF @ Seattle

Seattle @ Carolina
Seattle vs Arizona
Seattle vs SF
need 3 in a row to make Miami reservations!!!

Three in a row secures the #1 seed, it doesn't guarantee the SB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO we'll need to beat Seattle to secure the West Division. Mathematically, we might not need to, but don't see that scenario playing out. But IF we can get that Seattle win, it'll likely secure the #1 seed too.

As already mentioned by others, agree we can't sleep on the Rams game. The Rams are still a good team and it'll be a tough game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An expensive victory. Richburg gone for the year and Ford and Sherman gone for the rest of the regular season. A steep price to pay.

Yes, injuries are mounting but that win was critical too. BIG difference if we can secure that home field throughout. Would we have taken none of these injuries and a loss instead? That DJ Jones injury was the worse, teams will want to run at us first.

I don't underestimate Atlanta at all, but in the bigger picture you have to err on the safe side. Rest any injured player who's "borderline" healthy. The last two West games are too huge to take chances in re-aggravating injuries.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, injuries are mounting but that win was critical too. BIG difference if we can secure that home field throughout. Would we have taken none of these injuries and a loss instead? That DJ Jones injury was the worse, teams will want to run at us first.

I don't underestimate Atlanta at all, but in the bigger picture you have to err on the safe side. Rest any injured player who's "borderline" healthy. The last two West games are too huge to take chances in re-aggravating injuries.
Nor do I. Ryan, on a given day, can be as effective as Drew Brees and Brees ate our defense alive. At full strength, this defense would definitely get the job done but they have gone from "great" before all the injuries to "pretty good" with all the injuries. The Offense is going to have to win this one too.
I like the fact that the Niners are at home but I don't like at all that this game came after a huge win and before two huge games. They are ripe for a let down. They must know how important every game is now though; as you said, home field advantage is the only path to the Super Bowl.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW - On the last play by Kittle, he wasn't holding the ball very well. When the 3rd defender came up, he could've easily fumbled it. That third Saint defender rightly went after the ball, but fortunately he missed.

Its good Kittle gets extra yards don't get me wrong, but only if he's securing the ball. Same with the WR's, secure the ball first. Getting 2 extra yards is worthless if defenders yank the ball out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we'll need to beat Seattle to secure the West Division. Mathematically, we might not need to, but don't see that scenario playing out. But IF we can get that Seattle win, it'll likely secure the #1 seed too.

As already mentioned by others, agree we can't sleep on the Rams game. The Rams are still a good team and it'll be a tough game.
Ha ha! You did the same thing the 49ers did. Looked past the Falcons and took them for granted.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha ha! You did the same thing the 49ers did. Looked past the Falcons and took them for granted.

What did you tell me earlier............"You need to read better"? Practice what you preach.