• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers - Saints

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought they would only beat Green Bay.

Most 49er fans thought they had a good chance against all three, and that's how it played out.

I thought the New Orleans game would've been the hardest, cause it was the 2nd of two road games and 3rd tough game in the row. That's how it played out, our D wasn't sharp plus N.O. is just good.

I'd hate to play in New Orleans again, that offense is unstoppable at home.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most 49er fans thought they had a good chance against all three, and that's how it played out.

I thought the New Orleans game would've been the hardest, cause it was the 2nd of two road games and 3rd tough game in the row. That's how it played out, our D wasn't sharp plus N.O. is just good.

I'd hate to play in New Orleans again, that offense is unstoppable at home.
New Orleans is tough but it worked out. Way to many defensive breakdowns including ridiculous penalties. They gotta clean that up but its done with and they won.
A no-lose situation tonight. If the Rams lose, the 49ers clinch a playoff spot; if the Seahawks lose, the Niners are back in the #1 seed spot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing the 49ers have going for them is that they don't have to leave the west cost for the rest of the season. And if they win those three games, they won't have to leave the west coast for the remainder of the post season until the Super Bowl.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Still suck but at least they'll be in the playoffs the defense has gone from unstoppable to a paper tiger, they'll be lucky to win at all the rest of the way.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New Orleans is tough but it worked out. Way to many defensive breakdowns including ridiculous penalties. They gotta clean that up but its done with and they won.
A no-lose situation tonight. If the Rams lose, the 49ers clinch a playoff spot; if the Seahawks lose, the Niners are back in the #1 seed spot.

I like to think the 3 game gauntlet plus two road games in a row, affected the D? I think it'll play closer to themselves beginning next week.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Win 3 more in a row we got home field and the bye!!:)

Yes, the 49er's control their own destiny now.

The next game is least important of the last three, but would be nice to go into Seattle at least tied for the West.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Still suck but at least they'll be in the playoffs the defense has gone from unstoppable to a paper tiger, they'll be lucky to win at all the rest of the way.
#1 team sucks, lol. Ok

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the 49er's control their own destiny now.

The next game is least important of the last three, but would be nice to go into Seattle at least tied for the West.
Rams win tonight will help but we would still have to win at Seattle no matter what

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams win tonight will help but we would still have to win at Seattle no matter what

Yes it helps.

Now there is a scenario where we can lose to Seattle and still win the West. Not likely to happen but mathematically possible. Say we beat Atlanta and Seattle loses to whomever they play next. We'd then go into Seattle two games up and a loss would leave us one game up. But under this scenario we'll likely need to beat the Rams in week 17.

Not taking anything for granted, ie certainly NOT assuming we beat Atlanta. Just laying out a scenario.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes it helps.

Now there is a scenario where we can lose to Seattle and still win the West. Not likely to happen but mathematically possible. Say we beat Atlanta and Seattle loses to whomever they play next. We'd then go into Seattle two games up and a loss would leave us one game up. But under this scenario we'll likely need to beat the Rams in week 17.

Not taking anything for granted, ie certainly NOT assuming we beat Atlanta. Just laying out a scenario.

Sorry, i mixed up the schedule again. I keep thinking the Rams are our last game (traditionally it usually is), but its Seattle instead. :-)

So if we win our next TWO games and Seattle loses one of their next two, we go two games up. Then we don't need to beat Seattle.

Again, just mathematically, not expecting or assuming this will happen.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Officially SF vs Atlanta
SF vs Rams
SF @ Seattle

Seattle @ Carolina
Seattle vs Arizona
Seattle vs SF
need 3 in a row to make Miami reservations!!!

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, are we all suppose to go full Montalban now?
I must not have gotten the memo

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think the 3 game gauntlet plus two road games in a row, affected the D? I think it'll play closer to themselves beginning next week.
I hope so. 3 players I was really impressed by were Mostert, Samuel and Garoppolo. Sanders too, but I expect him to do well.
I'm concerned with the Falcons next week in between this huge game and followed by the Rams and Seahawks. They might experience a let down after this big win or get caught looking ahead. The Falcons destroyed the Panthers this week and are starting to look like the Falcons are supposed to look like.
Looks like Richburg is gone for the season. That's a big loss. You could see how the Saints pass rush started getting pressure in the middle when he went out and also our run game pretty much disappeared. The back up dude, Garland, did OK though.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great win but I still need to see our defense stop a team with the game on the line. They've yet to do that. They collapsed against Seattle, Baltimore and the Saints with the game on the line.
No matter how bad the D looked though, the bottom line is that they got the win. At this point, that's all that matters.

I thought our defense did plenty to stop Seattle. We make that FG and everyone would have been talking about how that Russel Wilson fumble in OT cost his team the game. Instead we missed it and asked our defense to stop Wilson for a 3rd time in OT. You can only hold down a great player for so long, and he got us on that final drive. Our defense forced that fumble though and got Seattle to go 3 and out on their 2nd possession. They gave the offense a chance to win it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially SF vs Atlanta
SF vs Rams
SF @ Seattle

Seattle @ Carolina
Seattle vs Arizona
Seattle vs SF
need 3 in a row to make Miami reservations!!!

@Carolina shouldn't be an easy win for Seattle. East coast trip against a good team coming off of a bad loss. Seattle has not exactly been dominating anyone all season. They keep getting their wins in tight games. That said if they win @Carolina I don't see Arizona being a challenge at home so we will need to go into Seattle and beat them.