• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers run D vs. Houston run game

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Houston is on top of the AFC now. They have run the ball with Foster and Tate on pretty much everyone.

If we played them now who would win that matchup of their running game vs. our run D?

It would be fun to watch.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Typically when you have two tops of something collide it winds up a draw.

So I would imagine we wouldn't get completely ran over but it's not a complete and utter shut down either.

One area I would feel good about on our end is the speed especially at the linebacker position which is difficult for any team no matter how good they are at blocking to defend. Our defensive line eats up blocks and our linebackers are quick to close onto the ball and we are outstanding at just clogging things up and making it nigh impossible for a RB to find anywhere to really go with the ball.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would shut them down. Willis and Bowman are just too damn fast and cover way too much area.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they would rush for around 100 yards combined. Anywhere from 80- like 115. I would be more worried about Andre Johnson if hes healthy.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Houston is on top of the AFC now. They have run the ball with Foster and Tate on pretty much everyone.

If we played them now who would win that matchup of their running game vs. our run D?

It would be fun to watch.

The Niners would stop them but not necessarily win the game. As the Giants showed us on Sunday, even a middle of the pack defense like theirs can stop a good running game if they are determined to do so. They still didn't win the game though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we're only talking about running plays(not PA or any other part of the offense) I say we win it. Our DL has been strong all year only to be exceeded by our ILBs.

It's one thing to have speed from the defense, but to be honest tacklers, that's the key/advantage...

Against Pitt, a poor run def team to my understanding, got 155 i believe on the ground. Against the Ravens, a strong run def team, they got 49 or something around there.....

Defense wins that match up.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans just lost Schaub for multiple weeks it sounds like. Leinart is starting now. Wow.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
wow...recent update from espn "source" is that Schaub is done for the year. That would be a huge hit to that offense...especially with Leinart starting now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Schaub is done for the year, then that should end their Super Bowl hopes. This was the year for them to make a run too. Oh well.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, no kidding.

Schaub is done, lisfranc injury.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anyone give credit to the Offensive line of the Texans. They have one of the best lines in the NFL right now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds slightly above average like I thought. Thanks for confirming he's not that good.

That's the 6th best in the NFL behind only Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Romo, and Manning. What the hell does he have to do to prove he isn't over rated? Nobody ever even talks about Schaub. Not to mention he has been doing this without Andre Johnson the past few games.