• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Raiders Thursday Night

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is a good CB does no good without a pas rush. Our DC cannot figure out how to scheme any rush at all.
Youre right. I am thinking long term and getting the best talent available with that pick. I see edge rusher no 1 and corner no 2

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what jersey does Beathard wear next year?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Poor sad sack Beathard. Hurts his hand and now loses his job. Dude has a cloud hanging over him.

Its not as though he hasn't had opportunity. Not writing him off but 'what have you done for me lately'?

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn!!! Good job.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not as though he hasn't had opportunity. Not writing him off but 'what have you done for me lately'?
He seems to be a good guy. And he had the locker room.

But dude just isn’t good (yet??). Has he ever won?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the 49ers seem to play well every other game? Obviously, they didn't win every other game, but their play picks up every other week.

If this trends continues, they'll struggle next game despite being the Giants.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly this is more of the Raiders being biblically bad than anything the Niners did...and I barely watched the game. I see another (probably) season-ending injury - Mostert - so it's business as usual on that front.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre right. I am thinking long term and getting the best talent available with that pick. I see edge rusher no 1 and corner no 2
They did get to the Qb 5 or 6 times last night but I don't know how much of that is scheme opposed to the Raider O Line being so bad. Regardless, it was good to see. Some dude named Dakota something-or-other had two sacks. Never heard of him before.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shown toughness and grit but he's also shown that he will find a way to lose the game and that's the bottom line. I feel bad for him but I think Shanahan is going to want to give Mullens another shot. He looked good in the first half and the big difference is that he did not turn the ball over.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did get to the Qb 5 or 6 times last night but I don't know how much of that is scheme opposed to the Raider O Line being so bad. Regardless, it was good to see. Some dude named Dakota something-or-other had two sacks. Never heard of him before.

The Raiders had injuries on the offensive line and were moving people around. It was more that than anything. Dakota Watson was on the team all season. He started games during preseason and got injured and placed on injured reserve. They recently activated him off IR

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shown toughness and grit but he's also shown that he will find a way to lose the game and that's the bottom line. I feel bad for him but I think Shanahan is going to want to give Mullens another shot. He looked good in the first half and the big difference is that he did not turn the ball over.

Mullens played better in preseason games than Beathard. Beathard had the same issues in the preseason games. A bunch of tipped passes at the LOS, holding onto the ball too long, and failing to sense pressure. The only reason to give Beathard the edge then was because he was playing against better talent than Mullens was.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders had injuries on the offensive line and were moving people around. It was more that than anything. Dakota Watson was on the team all season. He started games during preseason and got injured and placed on injured reserve. They recently activated him off IR
He showed up last night.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mullens played better in preseason games than Beathard. Beathard had the same issues in the preseason games. A bunch of tipped passes at the LOS, holding onto the ball too long, and failing to sense pressure. The only reason to give Beathard the edge then was because he was playing against better talent than Mullens was.
Usually by the time a guy like Mullens gets into a pre-season game it has become unwatchable so I missed any sign of talent he may have shown back then.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, tougnness and grit counts, but not that much. The bottom line is performance and he hasn't been consistent.

Lynch and Shannahan will have a tough decision on Beathard soon? He has been given more chances than most 3rd round picks, but hasn't shown consistency. He HAS had good games, but can he do it more often? If Mullens keeps this up, Beathard won't have enough chances to show consistency?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, tougnness and grit counts, but not that much. The bottom line is performance and he hasn't been consistent.

Lynch and Shannahan will have a tough decision on Beathard soon? He has been given more chances than most 3rd round picks, but hasn't shown consistency. He HAS had good games, but can he do it more often? If Mullens keeps this up, Beathard won't have enough chances to show consistency?
Let's see what Mullens does against some better competition. The Giants aren't much better than the Raiders but they now have some film on Mullens and can prepare for him.
Loved what Mullens did but the team was sky high to win that one for him; can they maintain that level of consistency with their lack of talent up and down the roster on defense? We saw what happened to Kaepernick and his incredible fall after the league had some time to adjust to him so I'm just pleased Mullens had one good game; I don't expect anything more.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game against the giants is probably the last game they win all season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's see what Mullens does against some better competition. The Giants aren't much better than the Raiders but they now have some film on Mullens and can prepare for him.
Loved what Mullens did but the team was sky high to win that one for him; can they maintain that level of consistency with their lack of talent up and down the roster on defense? We saw what happened to Kaepernick and his incredible fall after the league had some time to adjust to him so I'm just pleased Mullens had one good game; I don't expect anything more.

Wasn't able to watch the game, but from what i read the scheme was pretty good that night. So if Shannahan can keep calling more "right" plays, don't see why Mullens can't play similarly against the Giants? Can't say he'll play with the same high rating, but he seems to decide quicker than Beathard. If the right plays are called, there will be open receivers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't able to watch the game, but from what i read the scheme was pretty good that night. So if Shannahan can keep calling more "right" plays, don't see why Mullens can't play similarly against the Giants? Can't say he'll play with the same high rating, but he seems to decide quicker than Beathard. If the right plays are called, there will be open receivers.
He reminds me of Garopollo in that regard. He throws a few up for grabs expecting his receiver to be where he is supposed to be like Jimmy does but with pretty good results on short and medium range passes.