• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers need to run the ball against Seattle this week

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a lot of three and outs if they do.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the 49ers will study the SEA @ Rams tape from last month and grind the Seahawks down to nothing in the run game this week. The Rams front line destroyed Seattle and should of won that game. 49ers can run for 150 yards if they stick to the game plan. I would like to see Gore get back on track. He only had 15 rushes against the Rams but needs to get 20 or more this week.

Give Gore the rock and let him do his thing.

Go 49ers !!

:drum::grouphug::thrasher::headbanger:

I wouldn't hang your hat on one game during the season… That was a bad game for Seattle where there D had no intensity…

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are kaepernick's third read you don't get any looks.

Meh. If Kaepernick is playing like he is the last two weeks making only one or two reads, God help the rest of the league if he ever learns to read his 3rd and 4th.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hang your hat on one game during the season… That was a bad game for Seattle where there D had no intensity…

Yeah, sometimes teams find a hole in the opposition that no other teams have figured out. It happens all the time. It could've very well been a bad day at the office for your defense, but rest assured coaches will look at what happened that game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sometimes teams find a hole in the opposition that no other teams have figured out. It happens all the time. It could've very well been a bad day at the office for your defense, but rest assured coaches will look at what happened that game.

Exactly… NFL is all about match-ups…. Some teams just play some teams tougher…

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think you can afford to be one dimensional against this defense. The Saints didn't have much of a running game so they rely a lot on the short screen passes for 4-5 yards, which is about as effective as a running game.

In one of the lone scoring drive for the Saints, they did a lot of the short dump passes that took 8+ minutes for 78 yards.

I think that will have to be the key for San Fran, a combination of the running game and short passes... I wouldn't even attempt to go long against this pass defense. Brees was 0-8 in passes that was 15+ yards down field.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember back in the day when Rathman would run for the ocassional 100yd game! It has been a while for our FBs. Our line should know how to block these guys! Frank and Kap need to have their track shoes ready! I think that we can doi better on our pitches and reverses! We need this one or we will look average! Go 49ers!!

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember back in the day when Rathman would run for the ocassional 100yd game! It has been a while for our FBs. Our line should know how to block these guys! Frank and Kap need to have their track shoes ready! I think that we can doi better on our pitches and reverses! We need this one or we will look average! Go 49ers!!

Heh, I forgot about Rathman, that guy was a monster...

Hope for a good game next week with no injuries.

:suds:

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Disagree 100%. The 49ers rushing attack is putrid, especially with Iupati and Staley out. They do, however, have their receiving corps back and the Seahawks are missing thier #2 and 3 Corners in Thurnmond and Browner. So I think they ought to throw the ball.

I thought you were all about a balanced offense? :wtf2:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were all about a balanced offense? :wtf2:

I am. They still have to try to run the ball in order to keep the defense honest, just don't expect any results from it; especially against that front seven.

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the 49ers will study the SEA @ Rams tape from last month and grind the Seahawks down to nothing in the run game this week. The Rams front line destroyed Seattle and should of won that game. 49ers can run for 150 yards if they stick to the game plan. I would like to see Gore get back on track. He only had 15 rushes against the Rams but needs to get 20 or more this week.

Give Gore the rock and let him do his thing.

Go 49ers !!

:drum::grouphug::thrasher::headbanger:

2 of the 9ers top offensive linemen are out. Seattle employs a platoon of fresh tackles and defensive ends on each play.

Mark my words, It will be a long sad day for the Niner offense. Kind of how they've looked all season against dominant defenses.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the 9ers top offensive linemen are out. Seattle employs a platoon of fresh tackles and defensive ends on each play.

Mark my words, It will be a long sad day for the Niner offense. Kind of how they've looked all season against dominant defenses.

Says the Raiders fan.
:laugh3:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams will load up the box against the 49ers until it's proven Kaepernick will make them pay. That one twitter shot from Pete Prisco in the NO game where the ENTIRE middle of the field had no NO defenders before the snap was telling. Kaepernick played a lot better with Crabtree on the field and seemed to have more confidence in making a read, so that's hopeful. But if Sherman has Crabtree one on one, Boldin and Davis will have the other corner and safeties. Maybe that opens things up for another tight end or god forbid, passing to a back coming out of the backfield. I really think Kaepernick needs to show first that he will find the open receiver before the running game opens up for them.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is no way the 49ers beat much of anyone with Gore up the gut. I like Frank, he is a great player, but he is not a big play threat. I think any defensive coordinator would sleep like a baby if that was what he thought you were going to emphasize.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teams will load up the box against the 49ers until it's proven Kaepernick will make them pay. That one twitter shot from Pete Prisco in the NO game where the ENTIRE middle of the field had no NO defenders before the snap was telling. Kaepernick played a lot better with Crabtree on the field and seemed to have more confidence in making a read, so that's hopeful. But if Sherman has Crabtree one on one, Boldin and Davis will have the other corner and safeties. Maybe that opens things up for another tight end or god forbid, passing to a back coming out of the backfield. I really think Kaepernick needs to show first that he will find the open receiver before the running game opens up for them.

Seattle can bring pressure so there will have to be more 'dump offs', or otherwise short passes. but short passes to our RB's are ok, why the "God forbid"? check downs especially to Hunter or LMJ, should be effective.

there is also a concern with pass protect, with the O-line now shuffled around. not so much the one of one stuff, but line stunts and blitzes. so more so we should see a few more check downs.

btw - for a tall person, Kaep gets more passes batted down than Brees??!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no way the 49ers beat much of anyone with Gore up the gut. I like Frank, he is a great player, but he is not a big play threat. I think any defensive coordinator would sleep like a baby if that was what he thought you were going to emphasize.

but we're not trying to beat anyone with just Gore up the guy? Gore doesn't need to make a big play up the gut? Gore - and the line - just need to be consistent around 4+ yards a carry.

of course they shouldn't keep running him up the gut, if the D 'stacks' the gut.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Basically you take what the defense gives you and one big reason the offense struggled against Carolina and NO is because we didn't take what they were giving us.

The reason we've looked better the past two games is now we are taking what the defense is giving us and making them pay.

The past two games it was clear we were focusing on the pass knowing defenses were going sell out to stop the run and if Seattle does the same thing we have to make them pay in the passing game.

If we continue to make defenses pay with the passing game it's going to force them to back off a bit and that will free up the running game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree:
Basically you take what the defense gives you and one big reason the offense struggled against Carolina and NO is because we didn't take what they were giving us.

The reason we've looked better the past two games is now we are taking what the defense is giving us and making them pay.

The past two games it was clear we were focusing on the pass knowing defenses were going sell out to stop the run and if Seattle does the same thing we have to make them pay in the passing game.

If we continue to make defenses pay with the passing game it's going to force them to back off a bit and that will free up the running game.

Totally agree. Teams have been putting 8 and sometimes even 9 men in the box daring the 49ers to beat them with the pass. The 49ers have to prove they can beat teams with the pass and then they will back off

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like a plan to me! We also need to continue to get the play in on time, against these guys and we should prevail! Go 49ers!!