• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Looking at Brandon Lloyd Again

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN Rumors,

The last time we heard anything regarding veteran WR Brandon Lloyd, it had to do with his performance in a zombie movie back in September, not his performance on the gridiron. He sat out the entire 2013 season after being released last March by the New England Patriots. However, it appears he is considering a return to the NFL this year.

"Veteran wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, who did not play last season, is in talks with the 49ers about the possibility of rebooting his NFL career, according to multiple sources," wrote Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

The Niners were among several teams that contacted him last year to no avail. Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree sit atop the depth chart, so Lloyd presumably would have to battle Quinton Patton and, likely, a rookie for the No. 3 WR role and possibly even a roster spot.

Lloyd pulled in 74 passes for 911 yards and 4 TDs in 2012 with the Pats and will turn 33 in July, so he may well be able to make a
mark as a third option for the 49ers, who are looking to loosen up their offense this season.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From ESPN Rumors,

The last time we heard anything regarding veteran WR Brandon Lloyd, it had to do with his performance in a zombie movie back in September, not his performance on the gridiron. He sat out the entire 2013 season after being released last March by the New England Patriots. However, it appears he is considering a return to the NFL this year.

"Veteran wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, who did not play last season, is in talks with the 49ers about the possibility of rebooting his NFL career, according to multiple sources," wrote Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

The Niners were among several teams that contacted him last year to no avail. Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree sit atop the depth chart, so Lloyd presumably would have to battle Quinton Patton and, likely, a rookie for the No. 3 WR role and possibly even a roster spot.

Lloyd pulled in 74 passes for 911 yards and 4 TDs in 2012 with the Pats and will turn 33 in July, so he may well be able to make a
mark as a third option for the 49ers, who are looking to loosen up their offense this season.

The guy has never taken a hit in his life, so it's not a bad idea to kick the tires on Lloyd.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind this pick up if it happens. Only thing that sucks is he hasn't played in a year. Hope contract would be a low risk high reward kind of deal.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't mind kicking the tires on him as long as it's a team friendly contract that allows us to cut him without any issues.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind kicking the tires on him as long as it's a team friendly contract that allows us to cut him without any issues.

He didnt exactly leave SF under the best of circumstances

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he also gave SF a "professional F-U", but Baalke continues on flirting with him year after year

On else will hire him, this seems like a "leave you hanging" high five.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he also gave SF a "professional F-U", but Baalke continues on flirting with him year after year

I thought he was the one caught after a big 49er loss celebrating it up in the team parking lot.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean they wont be taking a wideout early in the draft?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are taking a CB with the 1st pick and we might even trade up. Its been CB for awhile now. WR in the 2nd rd.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right didn't B Lloyds leave the 9ers on not so good terms the last go around?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I wouldn't say the signing changes our draft plans.

Lloyd and Crabtree are here for a year and Boldin for 2 so it's not like we don't need a dynamic playmaking WR.

I would still lean on us taking CB in the 1st round because the overall talent level is so low there but it wouldn't shock me at all if we take a WR in the 1st.

We could very well take a WR in the 1st and trade up and the early 2nd to grab a CB.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right didn't B Lloyds leave the 9ers on not so good terms the last go around?

Yes I remember now he was one of the players that was out rapping in the parking lot laughing it up after a loss. Frank Gore broke down and gave them a character check. Fuck this clown.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I remember now he was one of the players that was out rapping in the parking lot laughing it up after a loss. Frank Gore broke down and gave them a character check. Fuck this clown.

I think you mean Fred Beasly Gore was a 3rd round rookie and backup RB when Lloyd was here doubt he would have said anything to him

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the move, because we need depth and its hard to count on a rookie or rookies at the WR position. Probably impacts someone like Baldwin more than anything- now he has an even tougher position battle on his hands.

Brandon Lloyd lives!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the signing changes our draft plans.

Lloyd and Crabtree are here for a year and Boldin for 2 so it's not like we don't need a dynamic playmaking WR.

I would still lean on us taking CB in the 1st round because the overall talent level is so low there but it wouldn't shock me at all if we take a WR in the 1st.

We could very well take a WR in the 1st and trade up and the early 2nd to grab a CB.

:agree: with Jikkle this move changes nothing in the 49ers draft strategy. Hell on a one year deal Lloyd might not make it out of training camp. He has to be head and shoulders better then Patton/rookie WR to make the team IMO since Patton/rookie WR has much more upside then Lloyd right now.