• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers josh morgan eager to get back on the field

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets also be honest about this: if Josh is asked to test the market will teams line up to get him?

I'd like to keep Morgan, he's shown to me to be a classy guy and pro(recall when Crabtree heldout, Morgan said something along the lines about getting Crabtree up to speed and seeing him start)

But he's replaceable on the field type production IMO.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to keep Morgan, he's shown to me to be a classy guy and pro(recall when Crabtree heldout, Morgan said something along the lines about getting Crabtree up to speed and seeing him start)

But he's replaceable on the field type production IMO.

+1

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ohh snap- good point-if he is average with Brees? .......then we don't want him.. Pierre all the way - young and strong, fast too...very productive...

Meachem has averaged 43 catches, 660 yards and 6.7 TDs the last three years as the 3rd WR in New Orleans (excluding Sproles/Bush and Graham as options).

That has been declared "average" with Brees and he's therefore not someone we want.

Garcon, with multiple starts and Manning at QB for two years averaged 57 catches, 775 yards and 5 TDs.

I don't see enough of a difference there to say no to Meachem but insist on Garcon.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what tier is stevie johnson on? The way he seems to give revis fits, I would think he is worth more of a look than Garcon? Can someone that is not media educated tell me about his character issues?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Stevie Johnson will get significantly more money than Garcon IMO. Don't know about his character issues, but I know he committed a really stupid penalty this season.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevie Johnson will get significantly more money than Garcon IMO. Don't know about his character issues, but I know he committed a really stupid penalty this season.

so, he is more of a top tier guy?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how does Johnson warrant significantly more money than Garcon?

Garcon is 25 yrs old drafted 6th round has 188 rec 2,519 yds 16 tds

Johnson is 25 drafted 7th round with 170 rec 2,189 yds 19 tds

I understand he is coming off back to back 1,000 yd seasons but how much will that play as a factor?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so how does Johnson warrant significantly more money than Garcon?

Garcon is 25 yrs old drafted 6th round has 188 rec 2,519 yds 16 tds

Johnson is 25 drafted 7th round with 170 rec 2,189 yds 19 tds

I understand he is coming off back to back 1,000 yd seasons but how much will that play as a factor?

Because Johnson has put up his numbers with 13 fewer starts in a less-than-dynamic offense, and has demonstrated that he can be the primary target in an offense. Their career stats have far less bearing on their expected performance than their more recent season stats. And Johnson wins that contest handily.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Though I'm not convinced Johnson merits, or will get significantly more money than Garcon.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I'm not convinced Johnson merits, or will get significantly more money than Garcon.

I think last year Garcon has shown he can be a primary target. Look at the guys who were throwing him the ball. He might have more starts but he was taking a back seat to Wayne and Clark, pretty sure you know that but just throwing it out there. There is nobody in Buffalo to compete for the ball with of that caliber.
Like you mentioned, i just dont see or im not convinced he actually merits significantly more.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think last year Garcon has shown he can be a primary target. Look at the guys who were throwing him the ball. He might have more starts but he was taking a back seat to Wayne and Clark, pretty sure you know that but just throwing it out there. There is nobody in Buffalo to compete for the ball with of that caliber.
Like you mentioned, i just dont see or im not convinced he actually merits significantly more.

That cuts both ways. Sure, he got fewer looks. But he also got far less attention from coverage units. Not to mention that in two of Garcon's three big seasons, the Colts were one or two in pass attempts. Garcon had plenty of opportunity, and he's done a lot with it. But as you mentioned, Stevie Johnson is the only guy in Buffalo, and he's still making plays. That's more impressive in my book.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dunno about Stevie. I thought we already had a receiver to get us all the dumb 15-yard flags we need.
I think Manningham showed us, both in the NFCC game and in the SB, the clutch performance we want to see from a WR.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dunno about Stevie. I thought we already had a receiver to get us all the dumb 15-yard flags we need.
I think Manningham showed us, both in the NFCC game and in the SB, the clutch performance we want to see from a WR.

Smith isn't Manning, though. I don't think Smith makes the throws to allow Manningham to have that clutch performance.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WRs on your list that intrigued me are Naane and Meachem. Do you have Manningham as a top tier type of WR, CC? Is he an unrestricted free agent?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The WRs on your list that intrigued me are Naane and Meachem. Do you have Manningham as a top tier type of WR, CC? Is he an unrestricted free agent?

I think I omitted him deliberately. I was trying to find either a bigger guy or a guy with return potential in the event that Ginn leaves. I don't think Manningham is a great fit for us. Smallish, slowish. He's more of a route and technique guy and doesn't get great separation. He plays the ball well, but Smith doesn't like to throw into tight spaces. I'm not sure Manningham can be a #1 or #2 guy, especially with a middle-of-the-road QB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least Manning has WRs who can make once in awhile catches(Tyree/MM).....

He does. I thought all of his three primary receiver all made catches in the playoffs that I don't think any of our guys could make regularly.