• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Get Third-Round Comp. Pick

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like him as a CB. He ran a very fast 40 for his size. Everyone is looking for the next Sherman now and maybe McGill could be a great add for us.

Have to disagree with this one. McGill simply doesn't have the agility to be a good CB in the NFL IMO.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have to disagree with this one. McGill simply doesn't have the agility to be a good CB in the NFL IMO.

We agree on something for once :)

McGill has good length for a CB, but his hips (and lower agility) are better suited for a safety. I would want him to play safety. If this is the Niners plan, then I wouldn't have a problem drafting him. He can be groomed behind Bethea and Reid.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we r going to trade into the middle of the 1st just like last year.

Trade pick #30 and #61 for a pick in the 16-18 range. Hope either Evans or Gilbert falls. Lets just say its for Gilbert.

Pick #56 Donte Moncrief

Pick #77 Either Trent Murphy, Easley, Sutton or DaQuan Jones

Pick # 94 traded for a 2015 2nd round draft pick

Pick #100 either Watkins, Purifoy, Roberson, McGill, Desir

Pick #129 Dri Archer

Pick #170 maybe another WR like Bruce Ellington

As for the 3 7th round picks i give them no shot of making the team and we should prolly trade atleast one away. So I think a total of 6 rookies will make this years roster.

hoping for a trade up too, but last year we gave Dallas a 3rd, not a 2nd? isn't #61 our own 2nd rounder? not opposed to using #61 to go even higher, but just thinking of last year's trade.

certainly ok with #94 for a future 2nd, but #94 is a late 3rd so wondering if another team would take it?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping for a trade up too, but last year we gave Dallas a 3rd, not a 2nd? isn't #61 our own 2nd rounder? not opposed to using #61 to go even higher, but just thinking of last year's trade.

certainly ok with #94 for a future 2nd, but #94 is a late 3rd so wondering if another team would take it?

That is correct. The 9ers gave up a 3rd #74 and their 1st #31 to move up to #18.

I think a trade of their 1st #30, a 3rd #77, and a 5th # 170 can move them up into the 14-16 range.

But unlike some people I can see sitting tight and trading some picks for next years draft and get 8-9 players from this draft on to the team.

Team needs:
1 Backup center

3rd TE. Celek can be replaced by someone late in the draft and will make less $$

2 WR Replace Baldwin and Osgood. Less money and fill in for Crabtree after he leaves after the season

2 Corners One to start and one to replace a higher priced backup/special teamer (Cox/Wright). less
money here too

1 DT/DE Someone to add depth this year and to take over for McDonald in a year or so.

1 RB I'd grab a big back like Hyde and use him along with Hunter and Lattimore. I'd trade/cut Gore

1 KR/PR and Id trade/cut James

Also any one of these but backup center could be someone who is "injured" and red shirted for a season like Lattimore and Tank

I would do all these moves for 2 reasons.
1 Save more money to give to Kaepernick, Smith, and Iupati.
in the next couple years those players will and can replace people who will leave in FA. Not needing to go after those positions in FA means more compensatory picks and repeat. This is what NE and Baltimore do and it makes those teams better in the long run.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great draft to have 6 picks not because we'll use them all but we should be able to easily trade a couple to get more picks in next year's draft.

We definitely don't want to use all 6 because if we do draft well it's going to be really tough to pay everyone in 4 years time. Not to mention Carradine and Lattimore will be up as well since this past season didn't count towards there 4 years.

So hopefully we'll made a trade up to grab an impactful player and a trade or two down or away to grab more picks for next year to keep the ball rolling.