• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Draft Poll:

Who would you like the 49ers to Draft

• QB Jared Goff

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • QB Carsen Wentz

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • QB Paxton Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OT Ronnie Stanley

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • OLB Myles Jack

• DE Deforest Buckner

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • DE Shaq Lawson

• CB Vernon Hargreaves

• WR Laquon Treadwell

• CB Jalen Ramsey

• Other: Please post who you would like.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you like to see the 49ers Draft?
If you pick other please post who and if you would like to see them trade back; to where and who would you pick at that spot. Thanks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Buckner. I dont know why but I been intrigued with him. Our bookends would be Armstead and Buckner(who played together) and Dial in the middle would be nice.

Im still not ready to make my final decision but right now Buckner is in the lead for me. 2nd pick would be OT Stanley.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I voted for Goff

me too, cause the NFL is about passing skills and Goff seems to have it.

For second choice, do like some others all about the same. So in event of a 'tie', the Need is OT and my second choice is Stanley.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too, cause the NFL is about passing skills and Goff seems to have it.

For second choice, do like some others all about the same. So in event of a 'tie', the Need is OT and my second choice is Stanley.

Tough for me because I have not read up on some of these guys yet. I did watch them on the NFL Combine show last night at the gym. I actually feel a bit better about the OL moving forward. I read one of the CBs above could be elite. I think it is time to draft a QB. I was watching Goff's workout and the commentators said he did really well.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go off on Goff. It's a position of need. The position itself has a greater impact determining wins and losses in todays game moreso than in any other era. By most accounts, it's certainly no reach. I couldn't tell you much about any of these players, but I know I'm more interested in the Niners if they go QB with that pick.

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go with Ronnie Stanley . We need to fix this horrendous O-line. And i dont like this years QB class

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Goff...but I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be gone at the second pick. After that I like Stanly and am intrigued by Buckner.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sold on Wentz. I know he had a great Combine but as of right now Im not a fan. Im ok with Goff. I don't think he is a Top 10 QB but in this draft he will be. Goff has upside but I think he is about 2 years away from playing and drafting #7 for a guy that won't see the field until year 2 or 3 is not a good move. We have too many needs, plus we have an 11mill QB on our roster already.

Buckner and stanley for me. I don't want Jack too small.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not sold on Wentz. I know he had a great Combine but as of right now Im not a fan. Im ok with Goff. I don't think he is a Top 10 QB but in this draft he will be. Goff has upside but I think he is about 2 years away from playing and drafting #7 for a guy that won't see the field until year 2 or 3 is not a good move. We have too many needs, plus we have an 11mill QB on our roster already.

Buckner and stanley for me. I don't want Jack too small.

from what i'm reading so far, my take is Goff MIGHT need to sit a year at most. Don't get the feeling he'll need to sit two seasons? Wentz on the other hand.............

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i'm reading so far, my take is Goff MIGHT need to sit a year at most. Don't get the feeling he'll need to sit two seasons? Wentz on the other hand.............
They are saying Wentz might be ready to go from day 1. Some what shocking for a guy we didnt hear much of until the final weeks of the college football season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are saying Wentz might be ready to go from day 1. Some what shocking for a guy we didnt hear much of until the final weeks of the college football season.

i would bet against it because not only is he coming from a small school, he didn't play much last season. what is his total college playing experience, one and a half years?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regardless of which QB is drafted, I would like to see that QB sit at least a year.

i get the gist but we don't have to commit to the entire season now? If it plays out that way, no problem, but if he's ready sometime during 2016, i'd let him play.

granted there is no exact point where its "boom, ready!", but i'm sure you get my gist. :-)

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted for Stanley. No matter who we have at QB, if we trot out the same preposterous line we did last year, or anything close to it, we're going to have huge problems. And besides, as long as Baalke and Chip claim that they want to give Kap another chance, then no point drafting a QB. (Maybe I'm naïve to believe anything they say.) If we sign 1 or 2 free agent offensive linemen and/or we jettison either Kap or Gabbert, then the equation changes.

Actually, truth be told...a guy I really like is Eli Apple. But 7 is probably too high for him, and anyway we have more pressing needs than CB. Not that we have Deion Sanders or anything like him back there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Voted for Stanley. No matter who we have at QB, if we trot out the same preposterous line we did last year, or anything close to it, we're going to have huge problems. And besides, as long as Baalke and Chip claim that they want to give Kap another chance, then no point drafting a QB. (Maybe I'm naïve to believe anything they say.) If we sign 1 or 2 free agent offensive linemen and/or we jettison either Kap or Gabbert, then the equation changes.

Actually, truth be told...a guy I really like is Eli Apple. But 7 is probably too high for him, and anyway we have more pressing needs than CB. Not that we have Deion Sanders or anything like him back there.

this made me wonder, how many players request a trade, but end up staying "happily ever after"? can't think of any off hand?

anyway, IMO asking for a trade signals BIG unhappiness as opposed to leveraging. So i wouldn't "force" a player to stay cause he just won't be 100% committed.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this made me wonder, how many players request a trade, but end up staying "happily ever after"? can't think of any off hand?

anyway, IMO asking for a trade signals BIG unhappiness as opposed to leveraging. So i wouldn't "force" a player to stay cause he just won't be 100% committed.

Yeah, there's that side of it. Even so, if they decide they're going to keep Kap, I wouldn't draft a QB early. (In the 4th to 6th, I would definitely pick a QB then. I think there are some guys in that range who can be developed and who could become good NFL QB's.) And really, you could do a lot worse than having Kap as your QB, so knowing that if other teams only try to lowball the Niners, I can't see the value in trading Kap under the circumstances. And I sure as hell wouldn't just release him. I do think the Niners have SOME leverage here.

I don't have any illusions about getting a #1 for Kap, but when I hear speculation about a 4th (or worse) that just seems a little crazy to me.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's that side of it. Even so, if they decide they're going to keep Kap, I wouldn't draft a QB early. (In the 4th to 6th, I would definitely pick a QB then. I think there are some guys in that range who can be developed and who could become good NFL QB's.) And really, you could do a lot worse than having Kap as your QB, so knowing that if other teams only try to lowball the Niners, I can't see the value in trading Kap under the circumstances. And I sure as hell wouldn't just release him. I do think the Niners have SOME leverage here.

I don't have any illusions about getting a #1 for Kap, but when I hear speculation about a 4th (or worse) that just seems a little crazy to me.

Barring injury, the oline coming into the season will be much better than what we had most of last year. If Pears, Devey, and Martin out of the starting lineup the oline will be good. So far, I only see Pears in the mix at all under any scenario. Kilgore back at center and Tiller at guard. Oline was much better at the end of the year with Martin and Devey on the bench. All we gotta do is get Pears off the line now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barring injury, the oline coming into the season will be much better than what we had most of last year. If Pears, Devey, and Martin out of the starting lineup the oline will be good. So far, I only see Pears in the mix at all under any scenario. Kilgore back at center and Tiller at guard. Oline was much better at the end of the year with Martin and Devey on the bench. All we gotta do is get Pears off the line now.

wasted pick in Marcus Martin, because he cost us a 3rd rounder. Yes, am directing this at Baalke, not Martin. I know you can't hit on everything, but you'd think a 3rd rounder would at least become a solid back-up?

Based on last season, don't think Martin will even stick on the roster.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasted pick in Marcus Martin, because he cost us a 3rd rounder. Yes, am directing this at Baalke, not Martin. I know you can't hit on everything, but you'd think a 3rd rounder would at least become a solid back-up?

Yes, it is 100% on Baalke. He needs to hit on those picks. He is the GM. I don't have much faith today Martin will ever be anything more than a backup at this point. Don't know how you go from being that bad to good.