• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers biggest problem?

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Getting the play in on time. We can't make adjustments because we're rushing to the line. We waste two the three timeouts a game (including in the damn Super Bowl). You'd think we'd have learned by now how to get plays in.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that was a really bad call. we been getting screwed this year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need a new center and crabtree to come back

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it is that makes us so slow to get the play in on time. It's something that may happen a couple of times a game, but it happens regularly, on every series. Maybe the big playbook plays a factor, maybe Roman is outsmarting himself, maybe Kaep is deaf, I have no idea, it seems like a problem that should be fairly easy to solve.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the things that makes me most frustrated during games now.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off today's game I'd say they need better receivers.

Small sample size, granted, but I don't get to watch the Niners very often.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that they have no passing plays that are quick hitting. Everyone takes a long time to develop. Most are come backers making the run after the catch non existent. Also, The WRs are always catching the ball near the sidelines. There needs to be more passes over the middle of the field. Then there are 8-9 players in the box and they are blitzing, but the 9ers either run right at them or try to throw to the WR at the edges. Get one over the middle of the field and drop it over their head for a long pass or throw a screen.

They need to get a WR who is not afraid to go over the middle.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
we need a new center and crabtree to come back

With the play calling as it is and the time it takes to get back in football shape and game speed, how much can Crabtree help this year. Manningham is back but nothing has changed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is that they have no passing plays that are quick hitting. Everyone takes a long time to develop. Most are come backers making the run after the catch non existent. Also, The WRs are always catching the ball near the sidelines. There needs to be more passes over the middle of the field. Then there are 8-9 players in the box and they are blitzing, but the 9ers either run right at them or try to throw to the WR at the edges. Get one over the middle of the field and drop it over their head for a long pass or throw a screen.

They need to get a WR who is not afraid to go over the middle.

This. I why are we so against running standard plays like slants and bubble screens or hell even a regular screen to Hunter/James. I'm not sure why the other WR's even run routes though because if Boldin isn't open they know the pass isn't coming their way.

That being said I think among the biggest issues is properly using our personel. Seems to me that has been our strength the last few years, putting guys in the best position to win and make plays. This year we use LMJ to run up the gut instead of coaching him up to split wide ala sproles? Bruce Miller is making plays out of the backfield instead of putting in a 2 back set like Gore/Hunter and letting one of them catch that pass? Yes I know that makes it look like less of a power run but you telling me Frank isn't seen as one of the best blockers in the game at HB? He could lead Hunter here and there just to open a new look.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling in the passing game seems really unimaginative, compared to the running game, and I've read Johnny Morton the receivers coach is calling the passing plays. It seemed successful when Kaep was rolling to his right and moving, but 5-7 step drops with two minutes left doesn't seem like a great strategy. I long for the days of the true West Coast Offense.

Also, as pointed out before, this business of getting the plays in on time goes back to Singletary and Jimmy Raye, at that time it was supposed to be because Raye was taking too long to decide on play, now it's because the play calling is too complicated?

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Passing game.

2. Lack of speed on offense. Get a receiver. Use Hunter and LMJ.

3. Play calling. Gore up the gut on first down = 2nd and 9.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off today's game I'd say they need better receivers.

Small sample size, granted, but I don't get to watch the Niners very often.

No question, its been like that all year. I keep waiting for Baldwin, Patton (now hurt), Kyle Williams (now cut), or ANYONE to step up, but its really just Boldin and Davis. We need Crabtree bad.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing so shitty that getting screwed on a decimation sack and strip cost us the game.

Exactly, again, but for the three turnovers (which included what should have been a TD by New Orleans on a Kaep int until the idiot fumbled it out of the end zone), we might have been skunked.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, again, but for the three turnovers (which included what should have been a TD by New Orleans on a Kaep int until the idiot fumbled it out of the end zone), we might have been skunked.

Agreed. I saw your post saying this same thing in another thread and wanted to chime in but didn't want to pile on.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yup, we did not really deserve to even be in the game. Less than 200 yards of offense is abysmal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a crazy stat. This is whats wrong with the team. Boldin is the only WR with a TD. Boldin and VD are the only ones with a receiving TD. That is a joke.

So if you are a defense in the redzone just cover boldin and VD. ITs that easy.