• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers beat Bills out in trade to draft Hyde

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of big ten football and was never impressed by Hyde as an NFL prospect. I think Hunter should be our guy this year assuming Gore has regressed due to aging.

That's really the only concerning thing about Hyde. He put up those numbers on really bad Big Ten teams. He did have good showings against Michigan St and Clemson though, but as a whole the Big Ten has been awful the last few years.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's really the only concerning thing about Hyde. He put up those numbers on really bad Big Ten teams. He did have good showings against Michigan St and Clemson though, but as a whole the Big Ten has been awful the last few years.

The big has been down for a while. But he did well against every team he faced.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm admittedly not a Hyde expert (although I did like what I saw when I did see him play), but Kipe & Todd were saying that blitz pickup was one of his best qualities.

Todd says, "Most importantly, he can get on the field right now 'cause he can block Mel." 2:09

Interesting side note on this video......if you watch at the end, Mel's top remaining picks are flashing across the bottom at pick 57. Ellington is #1 and Borland is #3. We got both.

No wonder Mel gave us an "A"

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde will never be gore, doesn't have the great vision but he can be a power back.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills were saved by the 49ers in my opinion. The only reason Hyde racked up so many YPC is because teams were threatened by Braxton Miller running the ball instead.

You dont have a damn clue about football, I watched every OSU game, being a Badger fan and Hyde is the truth. He is a monster and is very light on his feet and shifty. He will be our starter next year and fits the 49ers style to perfection. And he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He was the #1 back in the draft, so take your nonsense elsewhere

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sounding Negative here because I think Hyde will be good but that video shows a lot of open holes. So did he get those yards because of the Oline being so good. The Positive they say he can block and pass catch. So that is good.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde needs to work on his pass protection, but he'll instantly be an upgrade over Gore in short yardage situations.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a better at catching out of the backfield then Gore. At least that's what I heard. OSU fans would have better knowledge about that.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also a better at catching out of the backfield then Gore. At least that's what I heard. OSU fans would have better knowledge about that.

I hope this is true. Gore's dropped pass against the Saints still haunts my dreams.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
El Guapo is great at catching. He reminds me of a Rams version of Jerome Bettis. More speed, agility, and receiving skill than someone his size should have.

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills were saved by the 49ers in my opinion. The only reason Hyde racked up so many YPC is because teams were threatened by Braxton Miller running the ball instead.

So it makes him a perfect fit for the 49ers by your own logic? I'm pretty sure Kaepernick is the QB. Hyde reminds me of Gore. They aren't the fastest backs in the league, but they get the job done.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You dont have a damn clue about football, I watched every OSU game, being a Badger fan and Hyde is the truth. He is a monster and is very light on his feet and shifty. He will be our starter next year and fits the 49ers style to perfection. And he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He was the #1 back in the draft, so take your nonsense elsewhere

You would think a Badger fan would hold a higher standard for RBs. You do realize Hyde means it's less likely we'll get Melvin next year?

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You would think a Badger fan would hold a higher standard for RBs. You do realize Hyde means it's less likely we'll get Melvin next year?

I wouldn't count on that. Jeez, we draft a running back every year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I doubt that. Gore had one year where he dropped a lot of balls, but prior to Harbaugh and Co. coming in, he was a reliable and effective receiver out of the backfield. That's one of the things that has just disappeared from our offense. In the five years Gore started before this staff came in, he caught an average of 51 balls a year (58 per 16 games, if we account for missed games). In 2010, he caught 46 balls in just 10 and 1/4 games and was averaging 9.8 YPC when he went down. Since this staff took over, he's caught 61 balls total over three years (not counting playoffs).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that. Gore had one year where he dropped a lot of balls, but prior to Harbaugh and Co. coming in, he was a reliable and effective receiver out of the backfield. That's one of the things that has just disappeared from our offense. In the five years Gore started before this staff came in, he caught an average of 51 balls a year (58 per 16 games, if we account for missed games). In 2010, he caught 46 balls in just 10 and 1/4 games and was averaging 9.8 YPC when he went down. Since this staff took over, he's caught 61 balls total over three years (not counting playoffs).

That Martz offense also relied on the RB, Gore, making receptions from the backfield