• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

48 Hours away who you got???

Winner of the Super Bowl

• Patriots winning it

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Seahawks winning it

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • I don' give a shit

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant participate in polls, but you can count me as thinking the Seahawks pull this one off.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one's a coin toss.

If the Pats bring it like they're capable of doing, Seattle won't have the offense to keep up. Hoping that the Pats D will be the difference this time.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, the Pats will try to get a multiple score lead early? Hmm, I wonder if Pete Carroll knows that? That is a solid strategy I have to admit.

What Seattle likes to do is give a team a multiple score lead in the playoffs (San Fran, Green Bay) and then break their opponents hearts at the end of the game. More exciting that way.

The difference is the Pats coaching staff won't play not to lose like GB. Seattle didn't win that game against GB, GB lost it.

Pats are capable of playing in all if not most types of games, shootouts, rock fights, etc.

If the Pats can score early and gain a double digit lead, it's going to be tough for Seattle to keep up, if the Pats don't we will likely see a rock fight ending in a close score. Don't expect a Denver type meltdown in this one.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a double digit lead early.... man that's genius. No idea why more teams don't try that against Seattle.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats could have suffered a similar fate as GB if Flacco pulled off that hail mary. A coaching blunder gave the Ravens that chance.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Green Bay was some chump inferior team without the best QB in the league.
The PACK did manage to go 12-4 and dominate the league.

For all the grief Seattle gets about "barely" beating GB, I wonder how this New England team would do if they played the same GB this season?

oh...that's right...

That was a great win for Seattle. It was fairly earned over an exceptional team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is the Pats coaching staff won't play not to lose like GB. Seattle didn't win that game against GB, GB lost it.

Pats are capable of playing in all if not most types of games, shootouts, rock fights, etc.

If the Pats can score early and gain a double digit lead, it's going to be tough for Seattle to keep up, if the Pats don't we will likely see a rock fight ending in a close score. Don't expect a Denver type meltdown in this one.

Pats played poorly against the Ravens in their first playoff game. Seattle played poorly in the second. Attempting to project the outcome based on Seattle playing the same again and the Pats being more able to take advantage of it isn't that logical is it? I mean sure, teams can have back to back bad games, but it isn't that common in the playoffs, and sure isn't common for the Seahawks.

Both teams will score. NE will have some success on the short/quick passing game. Seattle is normally quite content letting teams have that and taking away the big plays. They are fine with tightening up in the red zone and limiting long drives to FG's. Brady will end up with his yards because of it. But if you can't get a good running game going it's going to be a long day at the office for him.

The Pats try to take away the other teams best asset and make them more one dimensional. Are they going to stuff the box and try to take Lynch away? That's what they did in 2012. They wanted to force the young rookie QB to beat them, and of course he did. Maybe they repeat that knowing their secondary is stronger? Seattle finds ways of getting Lynch the ball even when teams stuff the box. I'm not sure how many fans outside of Seattle actually appreciate what a complete back Lynch is. He's awesome as a receiver, phenomenal as a blocker, and has just great instincts in broken plays. Good luck trying to clog the inside lanes, rush 4, contain Wilson fully in the pocket, and covering everyone.

But it will be turnovers and explosive plays that will be the tale of the tape. When those turnovers happen and what each team does with them will be the difference in this game. I like Seattle's chances given how many turnovers they typically force. These won't be the same deflated balls your runners are used to. Not as easy to keep that ball off the ground.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a double digit lead early.... man that's genius. No idea why more teams don't try that against Seattle.

GB did that to Seattle and Balt to NE, both teams were able to survive

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB did that to Seattle and Balt to NE, both teams were able to survive

Yes, that is true.

My point was that "trying to get a double digit lead early" really isn't a game strategy or something you can just decide to do. If it were, everyone would certainly do it. Just like you can't decide to win the turnover battle. I've never heard a single coach say, "Yeah, we're going to get off to a bad start this game and save our good stuff for the second half" or "we're ok with the other team jumping out to a double digit lead because we play better when behind and we just love the feeling of those last second miracle wins."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats it's a lock. The Swami picked Seattle. Game, set, match. Thanks Chris from Patriot fans everywhere.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that is true.

My point was that "trying to get a double digit lead early" really isn't a game strategy or something you can just decide to do. If it were, everyone would certainly do it. Just like you can't decide to win the turnover battle. I've never heard a single coach say, "Yeah, we're going to get off to a bad start this game and save our good stuff for the second half" or "we're ok with the other team jumping out to a double digit lead because we play better when behind and we just love the feeling of those last second miracle wins."

I'd rather have Pats get blown out than lose in last few minutes. We already had 2 heartbreaks in last 2 SB's with Giants, to have lead and lose in both in last minute or 2

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Pats get blown out than lose in last few minutes. We already had 2 heartbreaks in last 2 SB's with Giants, to have lead and lose in both in last minute or 2

Agreed, can't go vanilla if we have a 2 score or less lead late like they did against the Rat Birds. Pedal to the metal all game. Go Pats

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Win or lose I want a SB that comes down to the last drive. Winner take all. 3 point last second win. Nail biter. Edge of your seat. Epic game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose I want a SB that comes down to the last drive. Winner take all. 3 point last second win. Nail biter. Edge of your seat. Epic game.

I'm not sure the heart can handle a nail bitter like that? Let's hope for an injury free great game? Pats win naturally and not as close as your hoping :-)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pulling for a Seahawks blow out. Not expecting it, just hoping for it. A Seahawks blow out in the last SB was like having mind blowing sex, I'd like to experience that again.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks by 10. Close game at halftime. Pull away in the 4th.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pulling for a Seahawks blow out. Not expecting it, just hoping for it. A Seahawks blow out in the last SB was like having mind blowing sex, I'd like to experience that again.

Amen!!! :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A last second win would be twice as epic as that comeback win 2 weeks ago. And it would be entertaining for millions watching it world wide. Everyone wins.