• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

43 rushes for 154 yards

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read one of my previous post, I said there were 4 backs that you can argue best ever.
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sander
Walter Payton
Jim Brown
I am not a Detroit fan, I am a Redskin fan. When the best of anything is talked about it is all about opinion. Do you use yards (some would say what if they did not play as long), do you use ypc (again if you are use in the 4th qtr to run the clock down that hurts), is it wins, TDs, etc......I have just gave my opinion and I am not saying Emmitt is not the best ever, but there is arguments for others as well.

That is like when you talk Best QB. Is if Farve, Montana, Marino. I mean you have arguments for all and out of 100 people it will be split. Just like for the RB. Ask 100 random fans and you will get these 4 guys in equal amounts. You are Dallas fans and you have the right to believe that Emmitt is the best. In my mind I can see the argument for all 4 so I do not argue for one of them, but more for all of them to be thought of as equals.
not to change subjects or cause an argument, but never bring up Favres name when talking best QBs ever talk. Don't ever do it. you hear me :rollseyes: :D

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to change subjects or cause an argument, but never bring up Favres name when talking best QBs ever talk. Don't ever do it. you hear me :rollseyes: :D
The same reasons you fight for Emmitt is the same reasons people from GB fight for you know who. LOL

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same reasons you fight for Emmitt is the same reasons people from GB fight for you know who. LOL
well I disagree. I am fine with Emmitt not be considered the best ever. but he belongs in the conversation.
Favre doesn't belong in the conversation. Just my very humble opinion.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I disagree. I am fine with Emmitt not be considered the best ever. but he belongs in the conversation.
Favre doesn't belong in the conversation. Just my very humble opinion.

In my very humble opinion, you are out to lunch if you think a guy that has virtually every NFL passing record doesn't deserve to be in the conversation. And he has a ring, so you can't completely discredit him because of his interception record considering that he did get it done at least once. He was also league MVP three straight times and arguably should have won a 4th one at the age of 40. I can understand the Favre hate to a degree, because he did throw away a lot of games at big moments, but he was also good in big moments. Which many people seem to forget because of his interception record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my very humble opinion, you are out to lunch if you think a guy that has virtually every NFL passing record doesn't deserve to be in the conversation. And he has a ring, so you can't completely discredit him because of his interception record considering that he did get it done at least once. He was also league MVP three straight times and arguably should have won a 4th one at the age of 40. I can understand the Favre hate to a degree, because he did throw away a lot of games at big moments, but he was also good in big moments. Which many people seem to forget because of his interception record.

I think a lot of time people let their like/dislike for a player or team influence their thoughts on players. I really dislike Farvra but I consider him along with the best QB's. He's not #1 in my book, but I won't argue too much with those who do see him as so.

Same way I don't argue too much calling Barry the best. I'll let them say their piece as I turn around to leave I just think about how much of a moron that person is.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your humble opinion. But I will always say stats don't tell a whole story, paint the whole picture blah blah blah.
Keep in mind most of those big moments where he makes a come back is because he threw it away in the 1st place. Not just bailing out a team but his own mistakes. he was definitely not a boring player. but I personally wouldn't put him anywhere near that of a Joe Montana or others that would be in the Montana conversation. I am not saying he was a horrible player. he was a player that could win a game or lose the game on a given play. I don't think a coin flip should be considered the best ever because he has good stats. otherwise if Romo keeps up with what he is doing for any length of time, someone might say he is one of the best ever, & that just isn't true. (even if we do win a superbowl with him)
BTW for others that I know will point this out. I do not think Emmitt is in the discussion of best RB because he owns the rushing record. I would put him in the conversation because he was complete back in every sense of the word.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

I love the Moose, but now he is the 2nd best back ever :laugh3:

As far as Stiff arms Sir Walter was no slouch at it either!
Thought you were joking until you posted post after post of what the hell are you talking about stuff. Admiral. you are the reason we all get called homers

You guys under sell Emmitt and the Moose. You're trying so hard not to be a homer, that your football acumen is being slighted.

Go back and watch the tape. Moose is one of the strongest players ever and was one of the best cold weather players the game has ever seen.

Emmitt, Montana, Moose, R. White. Those are the 4 best players ever.

A homer would not put a 49er in there or a Packer. :clap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read one of my previous post, I said there were 4 backs that you can argue best ever.
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sander
Walter Payton
Jim Brown
I am not a Detroit fan, I am a Redskin fan. When the best of anything is talked about it is all about opinion. Do you use yards (some would say what if they did not play as long), do you use ypc (again if you are use in the 4th qtr to run the clock down that hurts), is it wins, TDs, etc......I have just gave my opinion and I am not saying Emmitt is not the best ever, but there is arguments for others as well.

That is like when you talk Best QB. Is if Farve, Montana, Marino. I mean you have arguments for all and out of 100 people it will be split. Just like for the RB. Ask 100 random fans and you will get these 4 guys in equal amounts. You are Dallas fans and you have the right to believe that Emmitt is the best. In my mind I can see the argument for all 4 so I do not argue for one of them, but more for all of them to be thought of as equals.

You use wins.

because you play to win the game. You can factor in slighty their team mates and such... but that can not be a crutch for an entire career. These are all pros and each player has great team mates over their career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Dallas fan saying that Emmitt is the best ever is like a Chicago fan saying that Michael Jordan is the best basketball player ever.

YES, it happened. The best player was in Dallas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and watch the tape.

There's a huge reason why Emmitt sometimes had nice holes to run through..... Because it you fill it, HE CUTS BACK... If you stay in the zone with one defender for each hole then Moose plows that one guy out.

Emmitt was the best cut back runner, or cross you up runner ever. He has the best side to side movement the league has ever seen. It was effortless for him. He also had the best balance ever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say Emmitt is not the best running back or even player for that matter would be like a 49er fan saying Montana is not the best QB ever...

You're trying too hard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a select few of you truly understand the game of football in it's purest form.

The FB and HB are the two most important players on a team.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a select few of you truly understand the game of football in it's purest form.

The FB and HB are the two most important players on a team.
Wow! I will have to strongly disagree with those two positions being the most important. I think you are missing the QB position. The only way you win with an average QB is to have one of the best Defenses in the league or one of the best OL in the league. Look at Minnesota. The best RB in the league and they had a 10-6 record and Indy with a so so RB was 11-5. When you put the two together like Dallas had in the 90's it is something special. Then add a Receiver and a defense and you have 3 SB teams. To call it the most important position then you would have more RB drafted in the 1st round then QB's, OL, and Defensive players. You don't because a RB can be cultivated to your scheme (look at the Broncos in the 90's) and make a good runner very productive.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Moose (so will Troy Aikman and ESmith among others) - he was one of the most important players on their team(s) he had an understanding and knowledge of the game that was unmatched by most. He knew where he needed to be and who he needed to hit and who was coming to hit him on every single play. He always had their backs (fronts, sides) BUT, FB is a position that never will be in this (current) discussion. Guys who play that spot don't care about stats, and don't put up numbers either way. I'm with the majority here Admiral, simmer down a bit bro.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Moose (so will Troy Aikman and ESmith among others) - he was one of the most important players on their team(s) he had an understanding and knowledge of the game that was unmatched by most. He knew where he needed to be and who he needed to hit and who was coming to hit him on every single play. He always had their backs (fronts, sides) BUT, FB is a position that never will be in this (current) discussion. Guys who play that spot don't care about stats, and don't put up numbers either way. I'm with the majority here Admiral, simmer down a bit bro.
I think moose was a helluva FB. I was wondering who admiral was talking to with 6 straight posts to himself.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "admiral" is Gerald from ESPN

The trip can and will go in 10 different directions at once

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash