• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

40 Year NFL Cap Draft Play-In Game 1 : Femur vs UK

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FEMUR

OFFENSE

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - $4
RB - Thurman Thomas - $5
FB - William Henderson - $1
WR - Randy Moss - $6
WR - Art Monk - $3
TE - Dallas Clark - $1
LT - Orlando Pace - $7
LG - John Hannah - $9
C - Dermontti Dawson - $7
RG - Adam Timmerman - $1
RT - Mark May - $1

DEFENSE
DE - Charles Haley - $5
DT - John Randle - $7
DT - Bryant Young - $4
DE - Clyde Simmons - $2
OLB - Ted Hendricks - $8
MLB - Ken Norton - $3
OLB - Junior Seau - $12
CB - Ronde Barber - $5
CB - Roger Wehrli - $7
SS - John Lynch - $9
FS - Jack Tatum - $3

VS

UK

OFFENSE

QB - Tom Brady - $11
RB - Earl Campbell - $5
FB - Keith Byars - $1
WR - Brandon Marshall - $6
WR - Steve Smith - $5
TE - Todd Heap - $2
LT - Tony Boselli - $5
LG - Larry Allen - $11
C - Damien Woody - C - $1
RG - Conrad Dobler - $3
RT - Erik Williams - $4

DEFENSE
DE - Reggie White - $13
DT - Jerome Brown - $2
DT - William Perry - $1
DE - Chris Doleman - $8
OLB - Keith Bullock - $1
MLB - Zach Thomas - $7
OLB - Seth Joyner - $3
CB - Champ Bailey - $12
CB - Charles Tillman - $2
SS - Rodney Harrison - $2
FS - Bob Sanders - $2

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FEMUR - 1
UK - 4

VOTED - 500, Femur, Shane, UK, Sushi

Last edited:

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think UK's better pass rush is they difference but very tight game. UK

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for me

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offenses are close, edge to Femur but overall UK. Edge to UK on defense and d-line is very good.

UK slightly but this one is very close.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what's been said, very close game, I think my matchups on the D Line are the difference.

UK

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi said the hoop isn't allowing him to post.

He votes UK in this matchup

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my first write up I'll post after this... In the end I vote UK... When you look his LBs and Safties are great players to have vs a passing attack... Looks like they both drafted to play eachother...

Fem - 35
UK - 38

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is really close... I've gone back and forth a few times, in the end I gotta go Fem... Here's why... At first look you say the 2 HOF DEs and Champ and it's kinda like I can easily vote UK... But if you think about Big Bens strengths he drops bombs, Randy catches bombs... Art Monk is goes deep, Dallas Clark middle, Thurman is another WR... Add that to his oline is strongest vs UKs stronger side he can give some help to a a great LT Orlando Pace... He's also set up well vs the run...

That was my first write up... The more I looked for reasons why UK loses I saw just enough stuff for him to pull it out... And I kept finding myself finding a reason why this wouldn't work or that would and more of the "would work" stuff ended up on UKs side...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good match Fem. You had a heck of a team, that was as close as the fight last night. I could have seen it going either way

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good match Fem. You had a heck of a team, that was as close as the fight last night. I could have seen it going either way
Yeah... gg, buddy. Whoever won this should go a long way.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Femur had drafted Earl Campbell I think he could have won the entire draft, pound Earl all day long play action to Randy, almost impossible to stop. I like Thurman but Earl would have been golden.

I think the defenses are closer than most of you, sure Reggie and Doleman are amazing but Femur has good ends and John Randle, UK does have the advantage on D but I really like Femurs offensive line, another reason Campbell should have been the pick.

Both very good teams but I will lean UK here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Femur had drafted Earl Campbell I think he could have won the entire draft, pound Earl all day long play action to Randy, almost impossible to stop. I like Thurman but Earl would have been golden.

I think the defenses are closer than most of you, sure Reggie and Doleman are amazing but Femur has good ends and John Randle, UK does have the advantage on D but I really like Femurs offensive line, another reason Campbell should have been the pick.

Both very good teams but I will lean UK here.
I honestly thought the exact same thing, when he had $5 left, I was positive he'd saved it for Earl, and thought, crap, I'm beat. I think him passing on Earl and me grabbing him turned our game

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought the exact same thing, when he had $5 left, I was positive he'd saved it for Earl, and thought, crap, I'm beat. I think him passing on Earl and me grabbing him turned our game

When he was on the clock for that pick I actually text him "Do you want me to post Earl Campbell for you"...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was battling back and forth, but 3 things leaned me towards Thurman.

1) The receiving factor. Not just that Thurman is a great receiver, but the fact that most of the time, people will lean towards voting for the better passing team over a ground and pound running attack that I usually try to put together.

2) Old timers vs new blood. Again, most people will vote more in favor of the guys who have played more recently.

3) And this was the one that really pushed me over the edge. Ball security. Earl fumbled almost as much (43 vs 50) and he played 9 years vs Thurmon's 13. I guess it's not much when you really get down to it, but it is about a fumble per year. Add to that the fact that I was just waking up and making the pick and (I know, don't say it) Ritzy had been in my ear for about 3 weeks about Thurmo... I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I think I need to stop worrying about what other people will vote on and go back to just putting together the type of team that I would actually build.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The receiving factor. Not just that Thurman is a great receiver, but the fact that most of the time, people will lean towards voting for the better passing team over a ground and pound running attack that I usually try to put together.

2) Old timers vs new blood. Again, most people will vote more in favor of the guys who have played more recently.

3) And this was the one that really pushed me over the edge. Ball security. Earl fumbled almost as much (43 vs 50) and he played 9 years vs Thurmon's 13. I guess it's not much when you really get down to it, but it is about a fumble per year. Add to that the fact that I was just waking up and making the pick and (I know, don't say it) Ritzy had been in my ear for about 3 weeks about Thurmo... I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

I think I need to stop worrying about what other people will vote on and go back to just putting together the type of team that I would actually build.
One move from tournament champion...and listens to Ritzy on the key pick:L

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. You would have had both with Campbell and Moss

2. Thurman Thomas has pretty much been done 20 years, Campbell about 30, not really much difference.

3. When you are such a violent runner you are just a little more likely to put the ball on the ground, it wasn't a staggering difference.

Next time DON'T LISTEN TO RITZ! lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That last point is a great point. I do think you need to truly make a team that you thnk is the nest and of course over time you find better options that work for you and in the voting so practice makes perfect. I think you actually had one of the better teams in this draft but I also thought UK did as well and this matchup was so close.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually liked the Thurman pick but I thought UK has pretty good pass defense... His LBs and Safties were very pass friendly if you will... That being the case, had you went with Campbell I would have went you're team vs UK maybe deep into it... I do like both teams...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry again for not posting sooner, but for some reason I was getting transfered to weird websites once I tried logging in from my phone.

The reason I went with UK over Femur was because of two reasons:

1) I thought UK's online was much more balanced over Femurs. Especially with UK's Elite pass rush, the balance on the line for Femur isn't great, imo. I think UK's team would be able to put much more pressure up front because of this. The rest of their teams match up very well.

2) Brady is a huge advantage at the QB position, even against an excellent secondary.