• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Washington Wizards vs 5) Atlanta Hawks

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter's 3 pt shooting did fall off a cliff after February.- before that he was on freaking FIRE.

With Bogdonovic ICE COLD- and losing Porter- the Wiz will prob struggle to find offense after Beal and Wall.

your guess is as good as mine. But Wall & Beal has been 99% of the offense ... so not much change there.

Morris going off for game one was a helluva suprise to me ... thats was like a season high performance.
I doubt he duplicates those numbers with a target on his back.

I like Oubre on defense & could see him picking up the slack for the rest of this series while Porter recovers.

I also like Smith & Bobo to start knocking down some shots eventually ... its just a matter of time before they start feeling themselves. Shooters gonna shoot.

Gortats numbers also declined after the all star break with the addition of Mahinmi. He is getting more minutes this series now that Mahinmi is out & has been putting up some respectable numbers vs Howard.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a big difference betwee ...

if the Porter injury is significant, it could be a series changer. Really would cut into the Wizards' depth while taking away their most efficient offensive player.

and the statement below

If nothing else, it takes the top bench player out of the second unit. that impacts the team negatively.

someone gets hurt ... someone is going to have to step up.

its not the end of the world or a series changer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a big difference betwee ...

and the statement below

someone gets hurt ... someone is going to have to step up.

its not the end of the world or a series changer.

THat is a series changer for a team that lacks quality depth and struggles to find bench production.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THat is a series changer for a team that lacks quality depth and struggles to find bench production.

had it been Beal or Wall ... sure

but not Porter ... Oubre, Smith, Bobo can step up and fill in for him for a few games

i am also taking into consideration this is not a season ending injury when measuring the impact

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but not Porter ... Oubre, Smith, Bobo can step up and fill in for him for a few games

i am also taking into consideration this is not a season ending injury when measuring the impact
I think Oubre has some potential eventually....hes still really really young though- if he gets a little more strength i could see him turning into a bazemore type guy.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oubre has some potential eventually....hes still really really young though- if he gets a little more strength i could see him turning into a bazemore type guy.

He comes across like an old school hard nosed player ... like a Rodman or Laimbeer

He just has so much hustle

Its probably way too early ... but I am going out on a limb & predicting he develops into a SUPERSTAR.

Hawks actually drafted him & then traded him to Bullets ... lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Losing Wall or Beal would be series Enders.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you saying "No" to ?

You claiming that Wall or Beal would be series changers, not Porter.

Wall and Beal are the heart of the team. Wizards can't beat any playoff team without both. Any significant injury to a core player can change a series. You are delusional to claim otherwise.

Not willing to take this conversation any further, because you are unable to be objective here. Oubre a future superstar? GTFO. Wall isn't even a superstar and you are saying Oubre can be. Don't be such a homer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre is a nice 3 and D player in the mold of a Trevor Ariza type. He can be a very good NBA player, but let's dial back the crazy saying he can be a superstar. He is not Kawhi Leonard.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claiming that Wall or Beal would be series changers, not Porter.

Wall and Beal are the heart of the team. Wizards can't beat any playoff team without both. Any significant injury to a core player can change a series. You are delusional to claim otherwise.

Not willing to take this conversation any further, because you are unable to be objective here. Oubre a future superstar? GTFO. Wall isn't even a superstar and you are saying Oubre can be. Don't be such a homer.

not sure if your reading comprehension is bad or you're just trying to put words into my mouth ...

Unlike the loss of Porter which is what you were arguing would change the series ... i was saying the loss of Beal or Wall were the only two players whose loss would have that kind of impact.

Wall isnt even a superstar ?

you are hilarious.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre is a nice 3 and D player in the mold of a Trevor Ariza type. He can be a very good NBA player, but let's dial back the crazy saying he can be a superstar. He is not Kawhi Leonard.

i'm making a projection that he could develop into a superstar ...

i'll bump this thread in 5 years when he becomes a household name.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what distinguishes a star from a superstar but John Wall is clearly a great player and the best player in this series. It is so wrong that Beal makes more money but that's just a function of birth dates. The regular season Wiz dump these chumps in 5. But Porter and Bogdanovic are simply not shooting it the way they were during the season. That along with Mahinmi's inujry has made this a closer series than it should be.

Wiz in 6.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards lack of a real bench is their main flaw as a team

It's really the only advantage the Hawks have.....a slightly better bench. But if the Wiz get solid production from the starting unit they still win this series.

The Hawks are in a bad position here. Every win means more money they'll have to overpay Paul Milsap in the offseason.

I still blows my mind they didn't want to "overpay" Demarre Carroll but are perfectly fine overpaying old Milsap and Kent Bazemore

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could say that about his season. It looked like a great guard combo, I don't really follow DC, but something went south.

Bradley Beal

What the hell are you talking about? Beal's numbers went up in just about every category & he missed less games than he has in his entire 5 year career. He was also the major reason for a lot of their wins & they did as well as they have done for the entire time that he has been with the Wizards.

The only other explanation for your take would be that Wall got worse which is laughable. You pulled this one out of thin air.