• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Washington Wizards vs 5) Atlanta Hawks

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre is a nice 3 and D player in the mold of a Trevor Ariza type. He can be a very good NBA player, but let's dial back the crazy saying he can be a superstar. He is not Kawhi Leonard.

He has the length and very good athleticism, but I agree he's not Kawhi Leonard talented.
He can be an excellent role player though. I look at players with one question, can they contribute to a championship level team, he has that potential. Dwight Howard doesn't pass that test, so it's not just about individual ability.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley Beal

What the hell are you talking about? Beal's numbers went up in just about every category & he missed less games than he has in his entire 5 year career. He was also the major reason for a lot of their wins & they did as well as they have done for the entire time that he has been with the Wizards.

The only other explanation for your take would be that Wall got worse which is laughable. You pulled this one out of thin air.

My bad, I'm not sure what I was thinking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what distinguishes a star from a superstar but John Wall is clearly a great player and the best player in this series. It is so wrong that Beal makes more money but that's just a function of birth dates. The regular season Wiz dump these chumps in 5. But Porter and Bogdanovic are simply not shooting it the way they were during the season. That along with Mahinmi's inujry has made this a closer series than it should be.

Wiz in 6.

He is a great player. Top 10 in the league.

Superstars are future all time greats though. Top 2-5 overall. Guys like LeBron, Kawhi, KD, Westbrook, Curry and Harden. These are the players that headline national sports programming every day. Wall is very good, but clearly not on that level. At least not yet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm making a projection that he could develop into a superstar ...

i'll bump this thread in 5 years when he becomes a household name.

A household name is not a superstar. Read my last post and stop exaggerating. John Wall is not a superstar. He is a star.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A household name is not a superstar. Read my last post and stop exaggerating. John Wall is not a superstar. He is a star.

Fine by me. Don't really care about all of the other nonsense - all that matters is what it will take eventually to truly compete for a championship. If the Wizards don't get there anytime soon it won't be because of Wall - it will be because of the players around him & the need for a little more talent. Wall already does everything that he can & certainly makes the players around him better. Having tons of triple doubles in the end doesn't really mean that much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine by me. Don't really care about all of the other nonsense - all that matters is what it will take eventually to truly compete for a championship. If the Wizards don't get there anytime soon it won't be because of Wall - it will be because of the players around him & the need for a little more talent. Wall already does everything that he can & certainly makes the players around him better. Having tons of triple doubles in the end doesn't really mean that much.

I agree with that.

I even claimed on another thread that I would take Wall over Westbrook on my team. RUss is a better player, but Wall plays More unselfishly.

As Far as getting to championship level, they need another star given the landscape of the league. They can make deep playoff runs as is, but they can't seriously challenge a team like the Warriors.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claiming that Wall or Beal would be series changers, not Porter.

Wall and Beal are the heart of the team. Wizards can't beat any playoff team without both. Any significant injury to a core player can change a series. You are delusional to claim otherwise.

Not willing to take this conversation any further, because you are unable to be objective here. Oubre a future superstar? GTFO. Wall isn't even a superstar and you are saying Oubre can be. Don't be such a homer.

Ohh wow I just saw that. Oubre is gonna be the next Lebron LMAO

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I'm not sure I could take Wall over Westbrook.

As for the Wiz competing for a title once Kevin Durant went to Golden State the NBA stopped even pretending to be a sport. It is pro wrestling and the Warriors are the Harlem Globetrotters. They are great fun to watch, highly entertaining, but let's not for a second pretend that we do not know how this will turn out in the end. That's why the NBA sucks for me and why I watch the Wiz but will never fall into the trap that believe they actually have a chance to compete for a title. Because they don't and neither do 30 other teams.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I'm not sure I could take Wall over Westbrook.

As for the Wiz competing for a title once Kevin Durant went to Golden State the NBA stopped even pretending to be a sport. It is pro wrestling and the Warriors are the Harlem Globetrotters. They are great fun to watch, highly entertaining, but let's not for a second pretend that we do not know how this will turn out in the end. That's why the NBA sucks for me and why I watch the Wiz but will never fall into the trap that believe they actually have a chance to compete for a title. Because they don't and neither do 30 other teams.

Are you assuming The Cavs will be repeat champions ? If so I don't think it's a forgone conclusion by any stretch.
GS will be extremely tough to beat.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you assuming The Cavs will be repeat champions ? If so I don't think it's a forgone conclusion by any stretch.
GS will be extremely tough to beat.

No I'm claiming Golden State will win the title, we've known it since last summer when Durrant signed. I said 30 other teams don't have a chance because I was too lazy to look it up and was thinking there were 32 teams. My comment meant there are only 2 possibilities, GS and Cleveland, and it's been that way since the first ball was thrown up on opening night and that's not changing any time soon. That's why the NBA is no longer a sport, it's an exhibition

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win this game, and this will be a series again.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious flop from a guy that was just calling Millsap a "crybaby".

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was nice rebounding by Dwight.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is not performing up to par.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic foul by Schroeder.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three fouls on Schroder. Fuck. Looks like Calderon is about to get some serious play time.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible defense. We can't do shit against their back court.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third foul on Calderon now...

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00