• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 Pittsburgh Penguins v. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning Series Thread

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised at how this is working out... just disappointed that they had a team 3 games to 1 and haven't been able to seal the deal.

Like I said before game 6, the Penguins are playing with such a small margin for error that they basically can't play from behind, or they will lose.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once our scheme of backchecking and knocking the puck off the skater's stick had been figured out, we have been outclassed. I don't expect anything different tomorrow.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once our scheme of backchecking and knocking the puck off the skater's stick had been figured out, we have been outclassed. I don't expect anything different tomorrow.

5v5 i think is when the Pens are at their greatest advantage... which still boggles my mind when you consider the firepower that Tampa has. It's the broken record of that joke they call a power-play that kills them.

They only needed to convert just one of those and I think the game would have been over.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I went to my buddy's house to watch the game last night. Our two families + another friend. They aren't really hockey fans, but I figured it was no big deal. I was happy to answer the few questions they had during the game about strategy and so forth. I also put up with the constant shouts of SHOOT IT!! during each second of each power play.

In the third period, things took a turn for the surreal. My buddy (a heterosexual male, for the record) changed the channel to Dancing With the Start because "Hines Ward was on". Needless to say, I will never return to his house to watch hockey again.

So I ask, which is worse? That? Or watching your team play a completely dispassionate game in which they looked completely outclassed and decided to skate by the opposition instead of check them?

FML

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the third period, things took a turn for the surreal. My buddy (a heterosexual male, for the record) changed the channel to Dancing With the Start because "Hines Ward was on".

Oh my!! :scared:

Needless to say, I will never return to his house to watch hockey again.

:amen:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife was watching Dancing with the Stars in the other room and recorded the Hines Ward segment to DVR. She made me watch it :L ....but AFTER the game.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the bad thing about Pittsburgh sports. Too many fucking "yinzers" care about the Steelers and everything they do.

"Did you hear Big Ben took a shit?"

"no way, hope it's on video."

I hate most Steeler fans, (the over the top ones) but love the Steelers.

I hate Myron Cope for ever inventing that fucking queer towel too.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the bad thing about Pittsburgh sports. Too many fucking "yinzers" care about the Steelers and everything they do.

"Did you hear Big Ben took a shit?"

"no way, hope it's on video."

I hate most Steeler fans, (the over the top ones) but love the Steelers.

I hate Myron Cope for ever inventing that fucking queer towel too.

I hate most Steeler fans, and because of them, I hate the Steelers too. Most of them have this jealousy toward the Pens when there is any success. The Steelers are the main religion in Pittsburgh, with Catholicism a distant second.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I went to my buddy's house to watch the game last night. Our two families + another friend. They aren't really hockey fans, but I figured it was no big deal. I was happy to answer the few questions they had during the game about strategy and so forth. I also put up with the constant shouts of SHOOT IT!! during each second of each power play.

In the third period, things took a turn for the surreal. My buddy (a heterosexual male, for the record) changed the channel to Dancing With the Start because "Hines Ward was on". Needless to say, I will never return to his house to watch hockey again.

So I ask, which is worse? That? Or watching your team play a completely dispassionate game in which they looked completely outclassed and decided to skate by the opposition instead of check them?

FML

In 2009, I took an old roommate to a game in either the first or second round. I think it was a game 5.
It was a noon game and he ended up falling asleep for most of the third period and almost the entire first overtime.
Needless to say, I never invited him back to a game after that.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2009, I took an old roommate to a game in either the first or second round. I think it was a game 5.
It was a noon game and he ended up falling asleep for most of the third period and almost the entire first overtime.
Needless to say, I never invited him back to a game after that.

wow... just, wow... :L

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate most Steeler fans, and because of them, I hate the Steelers too. Most of them have this jealousy toward the Pens when there is any success. The Steelers are the main religion in Pittsburgh, with Catholicism a distant second.
??? I have NEVER seen that. I love my Steelers and Pens (and Pirates, but to a lesser degree, haha) equally. Yes, in Pittsburgh, the Steelers were the first love, and that has been passed down from generation to generation, but there is no reason not to love both. Must be a younger generation thing...

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? I have NEVER seen that. I love my Steelers and Pens (and Pirates, but to a lesser degree, haha) equally. Yes, in Pittsburgh, the Steelers were the first love, and that has been passed down from generation to generation, but there is no reason not to love both. Must be a younger generation thing...

I don't know man.

You are clearly a hockey fan, so obviously you don't have a problem rooting for both. I know plenty of Yinzers who aren't hockey fans and resent the Pens and the success they have had.

I guess using the term "most" fans was a bad choice of words, it's probably in reality a vocal minority. They are out there though. And I hate them all.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone isn't a hockey fan, why would they care one way or another, let alone resent the team's success. Doesn't make sense to me.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. However for Roloson it was a great year until he was injured in the Stanley Cup Finals.
:L me. You were talking Roloson, and I was talking Lightning.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank GOD they moved the start time to 8pm. I feel much better about life now. Still, I already have nerves for it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping that Blysma catches on and puts Tangradi out there. He needs to be out there for the PP. And Engo may be a good idea as well. Because Nisky/Lovejoy are just not confident.