• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Philadelphia 76ers vs. 5) Toronto Raptors

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad loved AI as funny as that sounds because he was always moving

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your dad a Philly fan then?

I too love AI
He is just old school basketball guy fundimentals and what not...for all the Jokic dick riding about lack of help even pop said that AI led Sixer team was Allen and 4 guys to rebound for him and he drug that slop to the finals

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just old school basketball guy fundimentals and what not...for all the Jokic dick riding about lack of help even pop said that AI led Sixer team was Allen and 4 guys to rebound for him and he drug that slop to the finals

AI in 01 and lebron in 07 took the two worst supporting casts to the finals I can recall.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really struggling the other night to remember that team's entire starting lineup. AI and old Mutombo, of course. I remembered Eric Snow pretty easily. I reached way back into the memory bank to remember Aaron McKie. My memory wasn't able to remember the last guy, though. After looking it up, it was Tyrone Hill. In my memory, I thought he came off the bench.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really struggling the other night to remember that team's entire starting lineup. AI and old Mutombo, of course. I remembered Eric Snow pretty easily. I reached way back into the memory bank to remember Aaron McKie. My memory wasn't able to remember the last guy, though. After looking it up, it was Tyrone Hill. In my memory, I thought he came off the bench.
George Lynch and Dikembe.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKie was a bench guy. George Lynch and Skeltor Face Tyrone Hill were the other starters with Dikemebe AI and Pookie Snow. Playoff bench was Matt Geiger, Rodney Buford, Jumaine Jones, Rajah Bell, and of course McKie who I already mentioned.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI took that team to the finals and won the first game against Kobe and Shaq. Unfortunately he lost the next four in a row. Beloved Sixers team to this day though. All grit. Larry Brown had a similar but slightly more talented Pistons squad later and they finished the job against the Lakers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol i will say it again

REGULAR SEASON AWARD
True. But those who voted for Embiid pointed out the vast difference between the two guys as defenders. And Jokic voters would explain that reality away by citing nonsense algorithms that made it seem like that wasn’t reality. But here we are and it’s happening again. Suns swept them hunting Jokic as a defender. It’s the same attack Warriors are employing. They involve him in every action and he isn’t talented or mobile enough to deal. His man screens for the guy Warriors want to work. Jokic sags and the screen gives him an open 3. Jokic comes out to challenge and it’s a blow by to the rim. Rinse. Repeat. You’ll see it again tonight because Nuggets have fuck all as an answer to that. All they can do is pray that Warriors will miss those open looks. So last year is fine. But everybody has already since this shit exposed this time around. So we’re giving a guy who is a liability on the defensive end come playoff time for his squad the Most VALUABLE Player award? That’s value. Nope. Not for people who value two way basketball and actually winning shit.

And here’s your regular season award:
49 of the last 50 have been on a team that has earned home court in the first round.

This doesn’t happen without bullshit metrics created by dorks like Nate Silver from 538 (most well known for predicting Hillary would win in a landslide in 2016 but I digress) who don’t know fuck all about basketball and what is truly valued. It’s this shit that tricks people into thinking Joker isn’t a liability on defense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKie was a bench guy. George Lynch and Skeltor Face Tyrone Hill were the other starters with Dikemebe AI and Pookie Snow. Playoff bench was Matt Geiger, Rodney Buford, Jumaine Jones, Rajah Bell, and of course McKie who I already mentioned.
I forgot Todd MacCullough and Kevin Ollie

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got traded, I think.

Went back and looked and we were both correct. He didn't play another game that season (or next really) due to injury but he was traded anyway.

He was actually an all star that year (which admittedly I forgot)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back and looked and we were both correct. He didn't play another game that season (or next really) due to injury but he was traded anyway.

He was actually an all star that year (which admittedly I forgot)

I must admit I totally forgot he was on the Sixers.