• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(4) Nashville Predators vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings Series Thread

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread guys, I wouldn't worry too much about tonight. Nashville needed everything to go right tonight just to hang on by a goal.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Weber. he's public enemy number 1

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell did I miss that Radulov was back with the Predators? Shit now I gotta make sure that my house isn't a rock. :dizzy:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How the hell did I miss that Radulov was back with the Predators? Shit now I gotta make sure that my house isn't a rock. :dizzy:

7 points in 9 games down the stretch.
it was kind of a big deal :wink:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings' Helm leaves game, has surgery on forearm

NASHVILLE – Detroit got back key third-line center Darren Helm for the first game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs on Wednesday after he missed the final 10 games of the regular season with a sprained knee, but then lost him in the first period of Game 1 of his team's Western Conference Quarterfinal series to a grisly cut on his arm.

During a Predators' power play with about six minutes remaining in the first period, Helm was cut by the skate of the Preds' Alex Radulov on his forearm and left the ice immediately, leaving his glove behind, while the puck remained in his team's zone. Helm, 25, ran down the tunnel to the locker room. Detroit coach Mike Babcock said after the game that Helm had to be taken to a local hospital for surgery, but he had few other details.

"We don't know to what extent or how severe -- if any tendons are anything like that -- are cut," Babcock said. "I don't know that, but it was pretty severe. I mean, as soon as it happened, he skated straight to the bench and we were on the penalty kill. He'd never do that unless …" – he let the implication hang in the air.

"So, obviously, they took him from the game right away," Babcock said. "It's a tough blow. That's just the way things go."

Detroit defenseman Brad Stuart reacted to the situation after the game.

"You have to feel bad for him," Stuart said. "He's worked hard to get back. I don't know what the severity of his injury is, but hopefully it's not too bad…. He worked hard to get back and it only lasted a couple of shifts. Hopefully, he'll be all right. If he's not back, it's going to be a big loss for us, but somebody else will have to step up for us."

Earlier in the day, Babcock spoke about Helm's importance to the team. He totaled nine goals and 17 assists in 68 games. He provides Detroit with some speed and is a helpful penalty killer up front.

Most significantly, Babcock said Helm is something of a keystone that holds the team's lineup together.

"Well, Helmer puts everybody in the right spot," Babcock said. "We had a great bottom six all year long and then we lost our people [to numerous injuries] and we had no bottom six, we had no support scoring. You know, it's amazing when you put people in the right spot. When I look at their team, I see [Nick] Spaling and [Paul] Gaustad in the three-four holes [at center], those are good matchups for us. They weren't without [Helm]."

Detroit scratched 22-year-old rookie Gustav Nyquist on Wednesday. Nyquist, who had one goal and six assists in 18 regular season games, could take Helm's spot in the lineup.

Wings' Helm leaves game, has surgery on forearm - Predators v Wings - 2012 Stanley Cup Conference Quarterfinals

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least Nyquist will get some ice time.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helms done for the playoffs as per Nick Kypreos

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Helm out for the playoffs and won't be ready to play again til training camp. Had surgery to repair lacerated tendons. FUCK!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helm is my favourite player on the Wings, what a tough break for the kid...

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Zetterberg is really ok, that they're not covering up anything that may have happened to him. He was slow to get up.

Ugh, the more I think about it, the more I fucking hate Shea Weber. Dickhead.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, the best revenge will be to knock him out cold and his team out of the playoffs yet again.

fify

Normally I would say just finish the series and that's the justice, but this crossed a line in my book.