• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 mocks from the 12 spot

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that 12 is by far the most difficult place to draft from this year. I think the top 11 are pretty clear cut (10 RBs and Megatron) and after that, there are many different paths to travel. I completed 4 mocks under the following format:

Standard scoring, 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex.

I will post the first 8 picks of each draft. Each time, 1 started with a different combo of position players in rounds 1 and 2 to see what the end result would be.

Which start do you guys like best and why? I thought this exercise could be helpful for anyone landing in the dreaded 12 spot.

RB/WR
QB- RG3 (5)
RB- SJax (1)
RB- Ball (3)
WR- Green (2)
WR- Fitzgerald (4)
TE- V. Davis (6)
Flex- Bernard (7)
bench- TB Mike Williams (8)

This team is OK IMO, but it really depends on elite performances from RG3 and Davis for it to meet expectations

RB/RB
QB- Luck (7)
RB- Morris (1)
RB- McCoy (2)
WR- Fitzgerald (3)
WR- Bowe (6)
TE- Olsen (8)
Flex- Ball (4)
bench- Lamar Miller (5)

If this was a real draft, there is no way I would have taken Olsen at that spot. Another WR would have been the pick. I don't love Luck as my QB, but those 4 RBs are filthy. Morris and McCoy will almost never both be available here, but SJax and Rogers were both drafted earlier.

WR/WR
QB- RG3 (5)
RB- Miller (4)
RB- Bush (3)
WR- Green (2)
WR- Bryant (1)
TE- NA
Flex- Bell (6)
bench- Hilton (8)
bench- Bernard (7)

I don't love the RBs, but I feel like I have enough solid options that my WR advantage could be enough to compete with this squad.

RB/QB
QB- Rogers (1)
RB- McCoy (2)
RB- Wilson (3)
WR- Harvin (4)
WR- Garcon (5)
TE- V. Davis (6)
Flex- T. Austin (7)
bench- A. Brown (8)

I would have liked this team if Harvin were playing. At the time of the mock, the latest update was that it looked like he would play through the injury. I think this team could struggle with a lot of injury risk. The upside would be awesome if everyone were healthy. Also, RB depth is a huge issue for this team. There were not any good values in rounds 5 and 6.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I agree with your summaries of the four mocks. So I'd say that the strategy to go RB/RB resulted in a better team.