• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if a guy like Durant wanted to come to the Clippers, they have the means to make it happen...

They would have to renounce the rights to Austin Rivers, Crawford, Jeff Greene, trade their #1 pick to anyone who would take Pierces contract and JJ Redick into a Teams cap without taking any money back.

In any other year, that would be near impossible.

This year?

Like 22 Teams have enough open cap to eat a max contract without sending any money back.

Big question is: Why would they want to help the Clippers and why would Durant want to play here?

Sportstalk radio spent a 2 hr segment on how to rebuild the Hawks so I'm sure something similar has been going on for LAC....strange a lot seem to involve KD..lol. But nobody of note wants to come to ATL...to play...they seem to like living here...cheap for a fairly large city I guess.

IDK why, but I'm not a big believer in Blake Griffin's game...reminds me of a more athletic Al Horford...of course he's better, but having trouble staying healthy lately.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Love found his game, or at least his confidence.

But, Kyrie has been the MAN and is healthy.

Finals should be entertaining.

I don't think the Cavs can beat a HEALTHY Warriors nor Spurs.

But, a Curry-less Golden State or OKC?

I'd take the Cavs.

I can't push back on that.

What was so depressing (if you pulled for the Hawks)...it wasn't just Love, LJ and Irving...Frye killed them in two games, JR Smith lit them up one night, Jefferson looked like he was 25 or something running the break, spotting up. Dellavdova hitting key buckets.

With no real rooting interest...I'm just taking it all in, definitely entertaining for me. The crisp SA-like ball movement and ability to make open and contested shots, the Cavs look like nothing I saw LY. I assume the networks are salivating over CLE vs MIA but we have a while before that one is decided.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't push back on that.

What was so depressing (if you pulled for the Hawks)...it wasn't just Love, LJ and Irving...Frye killed them in two games, JR Smith lit them up one night, Jefferson looked like he was 25 or something running the break, spotting up. Dellavdova hitting key buckets.

With no real rooting interest...I'm just taking it all in, definitely entertaining for me. The crisp SA-like ball movement and ability to make open and contested shots, the Cavs look like nothing I saw LY. I assume the networks are salivating over CLE vs MIA but we have a while before that one is decided.
Yes, they have looked really good in this series. But as @CitySushi mentioned in another post they won't look the same against other teams that don't have to double. The reason those guys are able to step up is because the main guys are getting doubled/tripled teamed. With a much better defensive team they won't have to leave the "others" open like that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they have looked really good in this series. But as @CitySushi mentioned in another post they won't look the same against other teams that don't have to double. The reason those guys are able to step up is because the main guys are getting doubled/tripled teamed. With a much better defensive team they won't have to leave the "others" open like that.

Agreed...Hawks really missed Carroll on DEF, but they got swept with him too so maybe not...

My main point was LY they looked like a iso team mostly...even vs the Hawks...this yr more ball movement...I can't imagine them getting as many open 3s vs the teams still alive.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...Hawks really missed Carroll on DEF, but they got swept with him too so maybe not...

My main point was LY they looked like a iso team mostly...even vs the Hawks...this yr more ball movement...I can't imagine them getting as many open 3s vs the teams still alive.
Yes I agree they look different than last year. But, they also look like the Warriors on offense. Lue is just imitating what the Warriors do because it's been proven to work- they're 73-9 and best in history. But, the Warriors just do it better at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in the history of the league- regular season or playoffs- has ever hit 15 3's in 4 games in a row.

you just saw the best display of outside shooting for a series in the history of the NBA....no team has ever shot better from beyond the arc since the 3 was instituted.

told you guys if u watched the Cavs youd see at LEAST SOME history and something you have NEVER seen before this year!!!.lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in the history of the league- regular season or playoffs- has ever hit 15 3's in 4 games in a row.

you just saw the best display of outside shooting for a series in the history of the NBA....no team has ever shot better from beyond the arc since the 3 was instituted.

told you guys if u watched the Cavs youd see at LEAST SOME history and something you have NEVER seen before this year!!!.lol.

Figures it would be the Hawks to allow it as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures it would be the Hawks to allow it as well.
the crazy part- to me anyway- was the Hawks had the NBA's best defense in the 2nd half of the season- if you go by opposing field goal percentage- which is typically what you go by...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the crazy part- to me anyway- was the Hawks had the NBA's best defense in the 2nd half of the season- if you go by opposing field goal percentage- which is typically what you go by...

You're absolutely right. I think Budenholzer figured that he'd make the Cavs beat them from 3 and not allow Lebron and Irving to trounce them in the paint. Great strategy and all.....until you factor that with Irving you have to just play really really good defense on him and hope for the best given that he can hit 3's. And with Lebron, yeah his 3-point shot is off this year, but he's our generation's Magic Johnson, so you still need to account for the other perimeter shooters like JR, Love, and Frye.

Thing is, as I mentioned before, I can understand doing that one game. But then he kept going to the well thinking that the law of averages would work out - they didn't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: @ maybe not because they got swept with him too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't win in today's NBA with only 2 Stars on your roster.

So, you have no chance if you have Zero.

And its not just Atlanta.

It's Boston and Utah too.

Let's be honest here:

The Celtics are cute.

But, even with a healthy Bradley, they are going nowhere with Thomas as their best player.

I love that guy.

But, not as a #1.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without Bosh and Whiteside the Heat ALMOST can understand how hard it is to lose players like Irving and Love.....

Good for curry winning the MVP...he deserved it without a doubt...a truly historic season.

question for ya though....if you put LeBron ont he Sixers next year or Curry...which team wins more games? I think 90% of people would say LeBron's Sixers...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Budenholzer. I was impressed with his final postgame interview. Very complimentary of the Cavs and tried to take a lot of the blame away from his players and onto himself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one game on tonight since the Cavs had to go and sweep the Hawks. Like seriously, at least let them win one game so we can see more basketball :laugh3:

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to take at least a decade to duplicate what the Spurs do. Budenholzer is a keeper. Just gotta have patience.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh geez...i had a buffalo chicken wrap fordi nner last night and was having some atrocious gas this morning...

i had 4 boxes of files in my cube going through a clients documents for production and this poor secretary came into my cube to get some docs from the boxes right after i cut loose some bad ones and was searching through the boxes right at chair-level....ughhh...lol....not good...not good for anyone!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one game on tonight since the Cavs had to go and sweep the Hawks. Like seriously, at least let them win one game so we can see more basketball :laugh3:

I've seen enough Hawks/Cavs games for awhile.