• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs...on fire outside...if they keep shooting that well...idk, they could win the title. No doubt the win the east.

LAC...is it time to break that team up as well or did the injuries buy them another season? FWIW, I agree the Blazers were smacking them around before the glamour boys went down.

ATL...I question why coach Bud didn't play Humphries, and Hardaway Jr. more but the reality is, they just don't have the horses to play with CLE. He's head case, but I wouldn't mind seeing Cousins instead of Horford.

MIA...everybody is talking about LJ vs his old team, but they might be in some trouble...Raptors look more balanced and seem to be playing with a lot of confidence.

The series I'm most interested in now, is SA vs OKC...this one could go 7.

If the Clippers can't land a quality SF, yes....blow it up.

If they don't, Paul, Blake and JJ can walk for nothing after next Season.

I'd give them to right before the deadline, if they don't look like WCF material, let the bidding begin.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post, but I wasn't trying to say that the Cavs are "trying to be like the Warriors". in truth they SHOULDN'T be like the Warriors. they can't play their style and expect to win(obviously)...

point is that in the 3 point game it's not to the Cavs' advantage to make it that type of a contest...

Yeah I agree.

Ultimately, though, its not offense vs offense.

What matters is how the Cavs defense does against the Warriors 3 point shooting and how the Cavs 3 point shooting does against the Warriors defense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you shouldve spent LeBron's last year in Miami so he wouldnt have left and devastated the franchise

Teams being devastated by stars jumping ship has not had the same impact this Season, as it has in the past.

Miami and Portland are exhibits A and B.

Both are in the 2nd round.

Clearly that's an anomaly....

Or, the signs of a well run franchise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been out 2 weeks. And OKC isn't disciplined enough to win 4 games against the Warriors in a series. It will take them using more than jus KD & RW to win against either team in the West. Something they're not accustomed to doing much of.

You're probably right...OKC is helter-skelter, and no 3rd wheel, not a consistent one anyway...just taking in this NBA playoffs now...fun stuff.

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams being devastated by stars jumping ship has not had the same impact this Season, as it has in the past.

Miami and Portland are exhibits A and B.

Both are in the 2nd round.

Clearly that's an anomaly....

Or, the signs of a well run franchise.

it's why I chuckled at his assumption of Miami being "devastated". it simply isn't true. proof's in the pudding...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers can't land a quality SF, yes....blow it up.

If they don't, Paul, Blake and JJ can walk for nothing after next Season.

I'd give them to right before the deadline, if they don't look like WCF material, let the bidding begin.

Okay makes sense...tough to get that 3rd spoke to the wheel these days in the NBA....GS has it, SA, kinda does...that's why CLE might be a tough out...they seem to have figured out how to get playoff production from Love.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay makes sense...tough to get that 3rd spoke to the wheel these days in the NBA....GS has it, SA, kinda does...that's why CLE might be a tough out...they seem to have figured out how to get playoff production from Love.

and imo in Love's case that'd have to be DEFENSIVE production. something he's never been particularly strong at traditionally...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post, but I wasn't trying to say that the Cavs are "trying to be like the Warriors". in truth they SHOULDN'T be like the Warriors. they can't play their style and expect to win(obviously)...

point is that in the 3 point game it's not to the Cavs' advantage to make it that type of a contest...

That's why going from series to series making adjustments is so key. Every series will be different and it has been going from the Pistons to Hawks. If Lue is the guy he will find a way to make adjustments when the time is right. He has done a good job so far though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if a guy like Durant wanted to come to the Clippers, they have the means to make it happen...

They would have to renounce the rights to Austin Rivers, Crawford, Jeff Greene, trade their #1 pick to anyone who would take Pierces contract and JJ Redick into a Teams cap without taking any money back.

In any other year, that would be near impossible.

This year?

Like 22 Teams have enough open cap to eat a max contract without sending any money back.

Big question is: Why would they want to help the Clippers and why would Durant want to play here?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think you make a good point here....Bazemore and Marcus Morris are NOT the guys you want on LeBron-- and reggie jackson and schroeder/teague arent exactly slowing done Kyrie...

all though- i think you have to add Love too...Drummond had real trouble guarding love on the perimeter as did the Hawks....the Warriors with DRAYMOND * (not drummond, lol) wont have that

I think the Psitons and Hawks could have guarded Love just fine if they had a guy who can at least slow Lebron and Kyrie. Because they had to double, it left guys open which, if the Cavs move the ball efficiently (which they have), they can get Love wide open looks. It will likely be a bit more difficult to get Love those looks against the Spurs or Warriors because they don't have to double team and Love isn't a guy who's going to be getting his own shot.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Love found his game, or at least his confidence.

But, Kyrie has been the MAN and is healthy.

Finals should be entertaining.

I don't think the Cavs can beat a HEALTHY Warriors nor Spurs.

But, a Curry-less Golden State or OKC?

I'd take the Cavs.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare movie where both guys were right.

I'm a comic book gal.

So, I loved it.

lol guess I better not tell ya then I been a fan of comics for almost as long as I've been alive. that'd take up WAY too much space on these boards...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Psitons and Hawks could have guarded Love just fine if they had a guy who can at least slow Lebron and Kyrie. Because they had to double, it left guys open which, if the Cavs move the ball efficiently (which they have), they can get Love wide open looks. It will likely be a bit more difficult to get Love those looks against the Spurs or Warriors because they don't have to double team and Love isn't a guy who's going to be getting his own shot.

I think the Warriors are probably the only team equipped with guys to guard all 3 of the best players for the Cavs (Klay on Kyrie, Iguodala on Lebron and Draymond on Love).

The Warriors present the biggest defensive matchup against the Spurs, imo.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol guess I better not tell ya then I been a fan of comics for almost as long as I've been alive. that'd take up WAY too much space on these boards...

There you go again making it IMPOSSIBLE for me NOT to like you!

:kiss: