• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/29 Sandy Waffle @ Cainers

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Giants lose tonight (big assumption, I know), the Giants will be 0-9 in games in which Ramirez has appeared.
But I think this is the first time he came into a game that was tied or the Giants had the lead and the first time he's allowed inherited runners to score.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some bit of good news from this game - Gorkys has now raised his batting average to .150! He'll get to .200 by mid May, I'm sure!

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind on the Gorkys update. He dropped to .149. It may be June 1st that he gets to .200.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the way Gearrin pitched this evening, and so far this year, why was he not handed the ball in the 6th (or 7th, having left Cain in for the 6th) inning of such a close game?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6th inning of this game is reason number one why I LOATHE "Bullpen roles".

This loss is on Bochy, 100%

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6th inning of this game is reason number one why I LOATHE "Bullpen roles".

This loss is on Bochy, 100%
If you are going to pull your starting pitcher in a close game, where he is pitching well, you need to be ready to bring in your best guys for the last 4 innings. Stratton may have pitched well in his one appearance but the dude got absolutely rocked in AAA this year. He and Ramirez should be considered garbage time guys, not bridges to the better guys. Bochy could easily have gone Gearrin, Law, Strickland and Melancon.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to pull your starting pitcher in a close game, where he is pitching well, you need to be ready to bring in your best guys for the last 4 innings. Stratton may have pitched well in his one appearance but the dude got absolutely rocked in AAA this year. He and Ramirez should be considered garbage time guys, not bridges to the better guys. Bochy could easily have gone Gearrin, Law, Strickland and Melancon.

I was pleasantly surprised when Bochy pulled Cain for a PH, that was the right move and it paid off.

Of course he managed to mess it up by bringing in Stratton.

I would have brought in Law (well, Melancon tbh but no need to get that drastic I guess) or Strickland there, but I could have lived with Gearrin and Okert (granted, Shrimp destroyed Okert last September, so maybe that wouldn't have been wise) too, even Kontos.

No doubt Bochy figured Stratton would bridge to the "8th/9th innings guys", but you can't save a lead if you don't have one. Nothing against Stratton, I like the kid, but that is a lot to ask for him to face the 3-4-5 hitters in a tight game. That was a perfect situation for Law to come into. But god forbid he comes in too soon.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had a great day down in palo alto watching stanford sweep #12 arizona.

good day to take off from giants baseball..... over to att this afternoon, hopefully they'll right the ship

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pleasantly surprised when Bochy pulled Cain for a PH, that was the right move and it paid off.

Of course he managed to mess it up by bringing in Stratton.

I would have brought in Law (well, Melancon tbh but no need to get that drastic I guess) or Strickland there, but I could have lived with Gearrin and Okert (granted, Shrimp destroyed Okert last September, so maybe that wouldn't have been wise) too, even Kontos.

No doubt Bochy figured Stratton would bridge to the "8th/9th innings guys", but you can't save a lead if you don't have one. Nothing against Stratton, I like the kid, but that is a lot to ask for him to face the 3-4-5 hitters in a tight game. That was a perfect situation for Law to come into. But god forbid he comes in too soon.
Stratton hadn't pitched in 7 days, and his last outing was a 3-inn-0-ER one, so I'm sure Noggin was hoping for some of the same, as every other pitcher had had recent work.

edit: oh and we hadn't had a blsv in three weeks so it seems things are getting better.

Last edited:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stratton hadn't pitched in 7 days, and his last outing was a 3-inn-0-ER one, so I'm sure Noggin was hoping for some of the same, as every other pitcher had had recent work.

edit: oh and we hadn't had a blsv in three weeks so it seems things are getting better.

That's good. But it is extremely difficult to blow leads you never have. :D

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring him in the 7th inning, to face the bottom of the lineup. Don't bring him in to face the middle of the order. That's my main point.