• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.27 A'ss @ Wholestaff

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Joc Pederson could well be headed to the IL today. There was supposed to be an MRI done yesterday on him but I haven't heard the results yet. Unless Yastrzemski is ready today, that could leave the Giants without 4 of their top 5 outfielders.
This makes me sad. Hope he has a restful and recuperative Shabbat.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will make the announcement today. I can’t imagine him not going to the IL.

Wade has been rehabbing for the last few days in Sacto. I wouldnt be shocked to see him activated in Joc’s place.
I read somewhere yesterday that LWJ is a couple of days away. Writer was thinking Monday.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere yesterday that LWJ is a couple of days away. Writer was thinking Monday.
The only position player options that are currently on the 40…

Longo (R) - not ready
Wade (L) - multiple games into his rehab
Yaz (L) - under lockdown (technically not on 40)
Ramos (R)
Padlo (R)
La Stella (R) - not ready

Yaz and Wade are the only lefties and Yaz is still under lockdown (no firm data about his true availability, though). Wade could finish his rehab with the big club if needed. Not ideal, but…

Longo and La Stella are still broken glass.

Ramos and Padlo are both righties.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only position player options that are currently on the 40…

Longo (R) - not ready
Wade (L) - multiple games into his rehab
Yaz (L) - under lockdown (technically not on 40)
Ramos (R)
Padlo (R)
La Stella (R) - not ready

Yaz and Wade are the only lefties and Yaz is still under lockdown (no firm data about his true availability, though). Wade could finish his rehab with the big club if needed. Not ideal, but…

Longo and La Stella are still broken glass.

Ramos and Padlo are both righties.
Looking outside of the 40 man roster, there are a couple of lefty/switch hitting outfielders in Sacramento:

Ka'ai Tom - lefty hitting .327/.387/.509 in 55 ABs. He had an awful 2021 (when healthy) but the Giants liked him enough to pick him up toward the end of 2021 and re-sign him before hitting the minor league free agent market.
Bryce Johnson - switch hitter posting a .340/.364/.434, with 8 stolen bases already, in 53 ABs. I'd like to see him make the club.

The 40 man roster spot is easily fixed. Moved Darien Nunez to the 60 day IL. The Giants have done it before with TJ rehabbers (think Dedniel Nunez last year). They could also play the dfa game with him too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking outside of the 40 man roster, there are a couple of lefty/switch hitting outfielders in Sacramento:

Ka'ai Tom - lefty hitting .327/.387/.509 in 55 ABs. He had an awful 2021 (when healthy) but the Giants liked him enough to pick him up toward the end of 2021 and re-sign him before hitting the minor league free agent market.
Bryce Johnson - switch hitter posting a .340/.364/.434, with 8 stolen bases already, in 53 ABs. I'd like to see him make the club.

The 40 man roster spot is easily fixed. Moved Darien Nunez to the 60 day IL. The Giants have done it before with TJ rehabbers (think Dedniel Nunez last year). They could also play the dfa game with him too.
They didn’t have a choice with Nunez last year. He was a Rule V drafte, and since they “broke him”, they had to “fix him”. That wasn’t by choice.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for “avail” 40 spots…

Nunez can go to the 60 as you suggested. He can also be DFA’d.
Padlo can be DFA’d

A 40 spot will be needed soon for Yaz and another for Littell.

Maybe Beede will be sacrificed, even though I think he has looked decent in his limited time this year.

Dubon also is a DFA/trade candidate. He has had numerous bone-head situations. I just think you cant fix stupid with him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for “avail” 40 spots…

Nunez can go to the 60 as you suggested. He can also be DFA’d.
Padlo can be DFA’d

A 40 spot will be needed soon for Yaz and another for Littell.

Maybe Beede will be sacrificed, even though I think he has looked decent in his limited time this year.

Dubon also is a DFA/trade candidate. He has had numerous bone-head situations. I just think you cant fix stupid with him.
I think Dubon's time is quickly running out. His offensive numbers have slipped every year since he joined the team in 2019 and, as you point out, his situational awareness isn't good. I have to think he is a dfa casualty by May 2nd (especially since teams don't have to reduce pitching staffs to 13 until the end of May).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury updates, as best I can tell:

Boyd (60 day IL): throwing 2-3 times a week. No setbacks. Eligible to come off mid June
Duggar (60 day IL): no news. Unavailable until mid June
Yaz (COVID list): eligible to return tomorrow with two negative tests
LaStella (10 day IL): running, but no game work yet. Eligible to return 5.5 but likely mid May
Longo (10 day IL): hitting, but no game work. Also eligible 5.5 but more likely mid May
LWJ (10 day IL): playing in games at AAA. DH on Wednesday; I think he's eligible to return any time.
Disco (10 day IL): Eligible to come back 5.1 but has not thrown, likely next week
Littell (COVID List): Could return as early as Sunday
Cobb (10 day IL): Threw bullpen yesterday. Eligible to return as early as today. I'm thinking he gets activated Sunday
Pederson (DTD): was to have MRI yesterday; no update but Kap thinks IL might be necessary.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury updates, as best I can tell:

Boyd (60 day IL): throwing 2-3 times a week. No setbacks. Eligible to come off mid June
Duggar (60 day IL): no news. Unavailable until mid June
Yaz (COVID list): eligible to return tomorrow with two negative tests
LaStella (10 day IL): running, but no game work yet. Eligible to return 5.5 but likely mid May
Longo (10 day IL): hitting, but no game work. Also eligible 5.5 but more likely mid May
LWJ (10 day IL): playing in games at AAA. DH on Wednesday; I think he's eligible to return any time.
Disco (10 day IL): Eligible to come back 5.1 but has not thrown, likely next week
Littell (COVID List): Could return as early as Sunday
Cobb (10 day IL): Threw bullpen yesterday. Eligible to return as early as today. I'm thinking he gets activated Sunday
Pederson (DTD): was to have MRI yesterday; no update but Kap thinks IL might be necessary.
Where do you get that Longo and La Stella are not eligible to return unto 5/5?

• Bullseye
Reactions: LHG

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mays-Fan has been a faithful poster on this board for many years. He is a Giants' fan to the core (just don't trust him when it comes to picking 3rd basemen).
Then get rid of the Tiger logo...?

I've seen him on here many times.

Just saying the post that I questioned he didn't seem Giant friendly.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then get rid of the Tiger logo...?

I've seen him on here many times.

Just saying the post that I questioned he didn't seem Giant friendly.
Most posters use the team logos to show off their favorite teams. For Mays-Fan, the logos are used for a higher purpose.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pavs just now:
Farhan Zaidi said Joc Pederson has a Grade 1 adductor strain. Will not go on IL today, will get another day or two to see if things improve. "Relatively good news," Zaidi said but still possible he needs IL.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF Giants have more positive COVID cases coming. They are shutting down clubhouse to media and limiting access to "essential employees" + asking players to mask up and report symptoms.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both put on the 10-day IL before the season even started. How do you get to 5/5 with that?
My source may be in error, but It lists 4.25 as the day they were put on the IL. If it was retroactive (I think they can do that) then they'd be eligible whenever.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My source may be in error, but It lists 4.25 as the day they were put on the IL. If it was retroactive (I think they can do that) then they'd be eligible whenever.
4/25 is just 4 days ago. Are you saying La Stella and Longo were on the active roster late last week?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From sfgiants.com:

04/04/22San Francisco Giants placed 3B Evan Longoria on the 10-day injured list. Recovery from right hand surgery.
04/04/22San Francisco Giants placed 2B Tommy La Stella on the 10-day injured list. Right Achilles inflammation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF Giants have more positive COVID cases coming. They are shutting down clubhouse to media and limiting access to "essential employees" + asking players to mask up and report symptoms.
Just saw that Jakob Junis was optioned yesterday. Looks like a lot of roster changes coming up?