• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.27 A'ss @ Wholestaff

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a FUWL game.

oh, well. Off day tomorrow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again?

seriously?

this can’t be real.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see doing this (using the entire bullpen for one game) on an emergency basis.

But to keep this up as a longer term strategy, assume a 5 game cycle. That's 45 innings, on average. 4 games by starters that average 5 innings (asking 6 on average equates to 190 innings a year - not that many starters do that nowadays, much less four on the same team). That leaves 25 innings for 9 relievers, effectively 3 innings each in the five game cycle. That's 96 innings and 96 appearances in a year, for all 9 guys.

That doesn't seem sustainable as a long term strategy. Even if it's one 2 inning game, and one 1 inning game per 5 game cycle, that's still 96 innings and 64 appearances. That's not sustainable.

But what do I know. The game is ever-evolving.
Pretty much the same approach as last season...

Are you actually a Giants fan? I mean, I see your avatar but I also see a Tiger logo in your sig...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same approach as last season...

Are you actually a Giants fan? I mean, I see your avatar but I also see a Tiger logo in your sig...
It's been a long journey...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again?

seriously?

this can’t be real.
Sadly, I have to agree with the ruling.

Even more sadly, it could have been avoided with a simple slide on the foul side of the base.

5:09 mark

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I have to agree with the ruling.

Even more sadly, it could have been avoided with a simple slide on the foul side of the base.

5:09 mark

I am not so “upset” about that ruling specifically. I am more speaking about the insane streak that appears to exist right now. And few of the calls are CLEAR, and the history of replay is that close calls are almost coin flips on how they will be called in replay. And most of the replays we have lost have been so close that they would be classified as the “coin flip” variety. And we have lost ALL of them.

It is really uncanny.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so “upset” about that ruling specifically. I am more speaking about the insane streak that appears to exist right now. And few of the calls are CLEAR, and the history of replay is that close calls are almost coin flips on how they will be called in replay. And most of the replays we have lost have been so close that they would be classified as the “coin flip” variety. And we have lost ALL of them.

It is really uncanny.
Yeah, I agree. Like the Mets call in game one. Yeah, the ball hit the back of his glove a nanosecond before his foot came off and the runner hit the base, but did he have control? Balls in that position are dropped or bobbled all the time. I know he caught it cleanly, but when, and what is the definition of "control"? That set the tone for that series, IMHO.

It's like in poker when you lose all the "coin flips", and you never seem to hit a river, while your opponent does. That's running bad.

At least now, we are "running bad" and we're 13-6. Imagine when we're "running good", reasonably healthy, and playing in front of some decent-sized home crowds (thanks @tzill, et al, for doing your part there).

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the answer: he likes both teams. At least that is the question that I was asking...

In the original post I was questioning it seemed that he was trolling us more than supporting us. So I wondered what a poster with a "Mays" avatar and Detroit Tiger logo was up to.

And his loyalties are all over the place....

Georgia Bulldogs, Oregon Ducks, etc. etc.

Last edited:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the answer: he likes both teams. At least that is the question that I was asking...

In the original post I was questioning it seemed that he was trolling us more than supporting us. So I wondered what a poster with a "Mays" avatar and Detroit Tiger logo was up to.

And his loyalties are all over the place....

Georgia Bulldogs, Oregon Ducks, etc. etc.
Mays-Fan has been a faithful poster on this board for many years. He is a Giants' fan to the core (just don't trust him when it comes to picking 3rd basemen).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Joc Pederson could well be headed to the IL today. There was supposed to be an MRI done yesterday on him but I haven't heard the results yet. Unless Yastrzemski is ready today, that could leave the Giants without 4 of their top 5 outfielders.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Joc Pederson could well be headed to the IL today. There was supposed to be an MRI done yesterday on him but I haven't heard the results yet. Unless Yastrzemski is ready today, that could leave the Giants without 4 of their top 5 outfielders.
They will make the announcement today. I can’t imagine him not going to the IL.

Wade has been rehabbing for the last few days in Sacto. I wouldnt be shocked to see him activated in Joc’s place.