• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/26 GDT Champs at PIT

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holy shit, he lives!

And still doing this: :deadhorse:

You were right he showed up elsewhere. And he is literally mentally ill. Just like TrueNiners.

Oh well, thanks for the archaeology.

The Abyss....an original agiantstep meme.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean.... by questioning your veracity, i just revealed my obvious lack of higher education? Oh my!

Nah....you've schooled me too well regarding economics (my undergrad degree) for me to doubt your education.

I got my BA in Econ at Nevada, another BA in Jewish Studies at SFSU, and my JD at Minnesota.

All of which qualifies me to pitch left handed and have an IQ of 99, I guess....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nah....you've schooled me too well regarding economics (my undergrad degree) for me to doubt your education.

I got my BA in Econ at Nevada, another BA in Jewish Studies at SFSU, and my JD at Minnesota.

All of which qualifies me to pitch left handed and have an IQ of 99, I guess....

Yeah, I was just goofing on NN. Couldn't believe for someone claiming to have been a Washington DC political consultant that he didn't immediately realize the likelihood of graduate school.

BTW, used to run twice around Lake Merced 6 days a week for years. Maybe I ran right past you sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was just goofing on NN. Couldn't believe for someone claiming to have been a Washington DC political consultant that he didn't immediately realize the likelihood of graduate school.

BTW, used to run twice around Lake Merced 6 days a week for years. Maybe I ran right past you sometime.

Well, my HS is right there too, so maybe you did....I run in the Presidio these days -- I can't bring myself to run Merced (too many bad associations with running around that lake being a punishment during HS practice).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, my HS is right there too, so maybe you did....I run in the Presidio these days -- I can't bring myself to run Merced (too many bad associations with running around that lake being a punishment during HS practice).

Yeah, I was the guy who wore really really small running shorts.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was the guy who wore really really small running shorts.

Oh, THAT guy....

basketball_speedo_guy.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you; no offense taken. I was all set to go to Cal when Nevada came through with the scholarship. Oregon is a good school. If you are going the fraternity route, check out lamda chi there.

Thank you and I will check that out.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you and I will check that out.

Note that I'm a Phi Sig, so there's no bias here. I've got a couple of friends who were ducks that were in lambda chi, including one guy who pledged with Joey Harrington.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I graduated from U of O. Unless things have changed drastically or you're set on going greek, I would avoid the frats. Dean Frohnmayer, the head honcho when I was there, did an effective job of completely dismantling everything that was good about fraternities (ie. alcohol, parties, etc.). If you're into it for the status and community service, feel free, but it certainly isn't looked at as a big deal on campus and you can always volunteer at a soup kitchen or something.

I'm sure the connections for jobs are great, but you can make all of those connections on your own without having to pay a bunch of extra money.

Have fun in Eugene, and don't buy Frog's joke books! They aren't funny, and he only uses the extra money to buy heroin. Come to think of it, he is probably dead. If not, you'll see him in front of the bookstore close to Alexander's Great Falafel (still the best sandwich I've ever had). The Ducks didn't have Pac-10 baseball when I was there, too, so enjoy that to the fullest along with a great football program and a b-ball program back on the rise. Jabari Brown is the shit!