• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4-1

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knute,

I think it's very clear that Kelly may be the most egocentric man in college football. His arrogance and stubbornness is evident in almost every game. His unwillingness to turn over the play calling is just one, of many signs. The guy is arrogant

And I've said it multiple times, I'm fucking tired of the pre-snap bullshit. Get the call in, run the play! All the delay of games, the burned timeouts, and the false starts, are purely on Kelly and his staff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knute,

I think it's very clear that Kelly may be the most egocentric man in college football. His arrogance and stubbornness is evident in almost every game. His unwillingness to turn over the play calling is just one, of many signs. The guy is arrogant

And I've said it multiple times, I'm fucking tired of the pre-snap bullshit. Get the call in, run the play! All the delay of games, the burned timeouts, and the false starts, are purely on Kelly and his staff.
im sorry buddy i disagree, it was clear that it was on kizer. false starts are on the oline and the oline coach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knute,

I agree with Purguy. It was on Kizer and on the line. He had no sense of urgency. You even saw at one point BK was telling him to "GO!" but he kept taking his sweet time which led to another DOG penalty. And also no way can you blame any false start penalties on any coach. That is all on the player

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's going to take a week for me to dry out from that game. When the game started, the stadium was rocking, you could just feel the onslaught coming. I said to my father in law, we have to hold on for the first half and I thought if we were within 10 we would be fine. That stupid 2 pt try was definitely one of the worst calls i've ever seen. All you do is chase that damn point the rest of the game. The last 2 pt play call was not the best either. Kizer was overthrowing a lot of wrs but can't put all the blame on him with that crazy weather. Overall I thought Kizer played well. The d-line was pretty disappointing, ends couldn't keep the edge all night. I hope they don't lay an egg against Navy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After re watching the game I have my Final overview of the game.
- Kelly was too conservative in the 1st half. He basically threw that half out
-D started slow but overall played great
-Damn fumbles will kill you(I don't know about u guys but we must have the most fumbles at the goal line in the last couple of years.)
-Robinson and Brown have really bad hands. I give Fuller a pass for that 1 drop. he earned it.
-Oline pass protection is nice but
-Oline run blocking struggled big time but I noticed Clemson stacked the box.
-Kelly we to predictable. 70% of 1st down calls were running plays.
-3rd Q down 18 we ran the ball 7 out of 10 plays. Makes no sense.
-Kelly 2pt play was one of the dumbest calls I have seen in a long time. GT onside kick to start the half was bad. No reason to make that call. U do 2pt play when you need it. THIS COST THE GAME.
-Joe Schmidt sucks(I hate to say this because I love his story.) Time to start playing someone else.
-J. Smith had a great game. He was all over the place.
-Max Redfield also had a great game.
-Luke also had a good game.

Overall ND was the better team but killed themselves. Players and Kelly are to blame but I put more blame on Kelly because the players kept fighting and their Coach hurt them. I also want to give VG credit because I bashed him as of late. Clemson had basically no offense. They scored twice on short field because of 3 turnovers on their side of the field and they missed 1 FG.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's going to take a week for me to dry out from that game. When the game started, the stadium was rocking, you could just feel the onslaught coming. I said to my father in law, we have to hold on for the first half and I thought if we were within 10 we would be fine. That stupid 2 pt try was definitely one of the worst calls i've ever seen. All you do is chase that damn point the rest of the game. The last 2 pt play call was not the best either. Kizer was overthrowing a lot of wrs but can't put all the blame on him with that crazy weather. Overall I thought Kizer played well. The d-line was pretty disappointing, ends couldn't keep the edge all night. I hope they don't lay an egg against Navy.
I agree I actually like what I see from Kizer. I never saw a young QB with so much composure. Love him in the pocket. Yes he struggles on throws but overall Im happy with him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Clemson had 16 days to prep for us. I didn't know this until someone said it during the game. that is crazy. So when you add that, plus it was away game, and we had 4 turnovers and the weather and to only lose by 2 points. Its really not bad. Yes it sucks but damn Clemson had a BIG advantage to game plan for 16 days.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Clemson had 16 days to prep for us. I didn't know this until someone said it during the game. that is crazy. So when you add that, plus it was away game, and we had 4 turnovers and the weather and to only lose by 2 points. Its really not bad. Yes it sucks but damn Clemson had a BIG advantage to game plan for 16 days.

The 16 day advantage is not why they beat us and had no impact on the game. Take out the silly turnovers and we win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 16 day advantage is not why they beat us and had no impact on the game. Take out the silly turnovers and we win.
I disagree with you. 16 days was maybe a big reason why they stopped the run. They had a great game plan for that. 100% the 16 days helped. That is a proven fact. Any coach would say 16 days is great to have especially a home game. Now I agree with you it might not of been a major factor like the fumbles or bad play calling by Kelly but overall it did help.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK I was really close I said Top 5 was a chance. Clemson at 6th. Told you man. I can't believe we fell to 15th. That is so bull crap. That some what ends playoff hopes. We need too much to happen now. I thought between 10-12 would been right. On the road in a tough place with back ups at key positions and clemson had 16 days and only lose by 2 and some how we fall that much. they have bama ahead of us who got blown out by a tam that got blown out. I don't get these things. Our Loss is the best against other 1 Loss teams.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points by all of you. Kizer shares some blame for 'urgency' management if you will. But then, doesn't a share belong to Kelly for not emphasizing it? I mean, I expect Kizer to be aware, but he is the kid and coach is the elder, we expect the younger to lose sight of the bigger picture etc.

But indeed, you're all right, Kizer played his ass off. I think he's a gem, love his poise, though he has rough spots as all gems in the rough do.

But as I said last night. Take away everything that our boys did on the field to put them in a position to lose and you had a tie ball-game, IF 2 XP were kicked. Now, of course I can't say 100% we win that in OT, but your odds are better. The odds on 2pt conversions are low, longshot odds. Not to mention, Kelly is banking on the notion that Clemson scores 0 more points for that 2pt conversion to have been called for.

Defense was above average for the most part. They played decently but as some of you point out, the edge was vulnerable all night.

Fairly proud of the fight in our Irish. Fairly disappointed in coach. But, I suppose there's a silver lining in our woe. There were some bright spots. There is some comeback fight in this team and what's more is, they have the ability to affect an comeback, which is a damn nice asset to have. On the flip-side though, are we shooting ourselves as part of getting down by such a large margin as to necessitate a comeback, so often? I'd say yes.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points by all of you. Kizer shares some blame for 'urgency' management if you will. But then, doesn't a share belong to Kelly for not emphasizing it? I mean, I expect Kizer to be aware, but he is the kid and coach is the elder, we expect the younger to lose sight of the bigger picture etc.

But indeed, you're all right, Kizer played his ass off. I think he's a gem, love his poise, though he has rough spots as all gems in the rough do.

But as I said last night. Take away everything that our boys did on the field to put them in a position to lose and you had a tie ball-game, IF 2 XP were kicked. Now, of course I can't say 100% we win that in OT, but your odds are better. The odds on 2pt conversions are low, longshot odds. Not to mention, Kelly is banking on the notion that Clemson scores 0 more points for that 2pt conversion to have been called for.

Defense was above average for the most part. They played decently but as some of you point out, the edge was vulnerable all night.

Fairly proud of the fight in our Irish. Fairly disappointed in coach. But, I suppose there's a silver lining in our woe. There were some bright spots. There is some comeback fight in this team and what's more is, they have the ability to affect an comeback, which is a damn nice asset to have. On the flip-side though, are we shooting ourselves as part of getting down by such a large margin as to necessitate a comeback, so often? I'd say yes.
The Fight was great to see but this team always does this late in the game. I understand tough road game so maybe 2-3 series we look nervous but to wait till the end of the 3rd to start playing can't happen. Now I blame Kelly for his conservative play calling and then he has to make it up with stupid decision to go for 2 point conversion. That 3rd Q play calling was so bad. I was shocked. 2 fumbles and then we start the 3rd with 7 out 10 plays running the ball down 18 when we weren't able to run. Makes no sense. We were able to throw all over Clemson and we didn't take advantage of it. Im not saying don't run the ball but not that much.

Also i agree about the D. They played great but late in the game u knew they were running the ball and we still didn't adjust.

I don't know if anyone notice because Clemson won but Clemson coach was coaching scared in that 2nd half. He got lucky we didn't win. I think he knew ND was better the way he was coaching. I give him credit for the win but he didn't coach a great game either.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK I was really close I said Top 5 was a chance. Clemson at 6th. Told you man. I can't believe we fell to 15th. That is so bull crap. That some what ends playoff hopes. We need too much to happen now. I thought between 10-12 would been right. On the road in a tough place with back ups at key positions and clemson had 16 days and only lose by 2 and some how we fall that much. they have bama ahead of us who got blown out by a tam that got blown out. I don't get these things. Our Loss is the best against other 1 Loss teams.

Because it's the SEC and Alabama who have been the top program for the last 8 years or so and they thumped a good Georgia team on the road. The season is still young and a lot of games to be played. Alabama still has to play LSU and Texas A&M as well as Mississippi State. USC and UCLA still need to play one another, Utah still have to play Cal, USC, UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State. Baylor and TCU both have to play Oklahoma and play one another. I really think this is going to be one of those years where everyone beats up on everyone so you are still in it until you get to 2 losses.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue Ole Miss probably shouldn't be ranked over Notre Dame but still a lot of games that need to be played and Ole Miss will likely get at least one more loss.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is bama ahead of ole miss and florida. college football is a joke. we are 15th dont get it. oh well

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half of the teams ahead of us will have at least one loss based on head to head match ups and based on their remaining schdule. i think there is still a chance at playoffs, but nd must look impressive against usc and stanford. another thing about the clemson game, i thought kelly would have put in a couple plays for wimbush.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the rain not been a factor, I think the outcome would have been far different. I suspect Kelly was calling a very conservative game to avoid turnovers because of the weather. Not an excuse, but with the way ND came back and contained the Clemson offense after the 1st quarter, the game could have easily flipped if the weather had been better.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the weather is part of the game. And Kelly should have prepared the team better for it. Everyone knew it was going to be a downpour.

Credit Clemson for not shooting themselves in the foot.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% positive his EXCUSE will be: well if we'd executed the play correctly we would've been kicking the XP for the win instead of going for two again for the tie.

When Kelly on Sunday was asked about going for the two at 21-9, he remained calm while likely biting his tongue as much as possible.

"You're obviously looking at the situation after the fact," Kelly replied. "If you look at it after the fact, you can draw any conclusion that you would like … I didn't have any of the information that you have right now after the fact."

Did this dude learn how to answer questions from Bill Clinton? I'm sorry, I can't buy that weak-assed sidestepping of a legit question. He doesn't even give his reasoning. No coach, we're not looking at it after the fact. MANY of us wondered WTF you were doing when you called it AT THE TIME. Especially after having to use the timeout.

I'm sorry gents but I can't have faith in a guy that won't even own up to shit. Give your reasoning if you're that adamant about your decision otherwise capitulate and admit you made a mistake. No accountability from coach. Why the hell should players have any if coach won't?

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the fact, it is easy to see that running in the middle against 8 in the box was not very productive, and it was tried way too many times with the same shitty results.