• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

32 Team NFL Draft Chat

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question about the lineups... I can set my team up the way Ritz posted but my team strength is Spread offense and 3-4 defense... Some voters have specifically said they will penalize a team for running 3-4 players in a 4-3 scheme... And offensively I'd prefer a 3 WR set...:noidea:

There is a reason we all drafted the same positions. Why draft a TE or FB if we are going to run a three receiver offense?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason we all drafted the same positions. Why draft a TE or FB if we are going to run a three receiver offense?

Because teams still have them? It's all about you want to run your offense.

We should be able to play who we want.

I mean unless you consider "starting lineup" strictly the first play. Feed Ap for that 20 yard scamper.

But why with these teams would we run 2 recievers?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whose on the clock right now/how much longer til I'm up so I can get in a pick today.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Plus we are only taking 3 corners. You have to start a TE and FB or why draft them

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because teams still have them? It's all about you want to run your offense.

We should be able to play who we want.

I mean unless you consider "starting lineup" strictly the first play. Feed Ap for that 20 yard scamper.

But why with these teams would we run 2 recievers?

Everyone could sub in 3 or 4 wide sets, but you should be judged off your base set personnel with a FB and TE as starters and the extra WR's will help your bench grade if they are stronger.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone could sub in 3 or 4 wide sets, but you should be judged off your base set personnel with a FB and TE as starters and the extra WR's will help your bench grade if they are stronger.

It should be about starting the most dominant team.

You draft a fullback because all teams use them at somepoint...duh.

But you set a starting lineup off of personal. It maximizes the potential of my top 2 picks as well. Randy Moss and AP are already guys nearly impossible to contain.

Andre Reed, Demaryius Thomas and Jimmy Graham make it full blown impossible.

That's what makes the strategy of this. Building a team that can maximize it's potential.

Thomas puts up great numbers now as a #1 target. Him as a 4th option on the field at all times???

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did the math. 1 more hour til I'm up.

UK you are on the clock now

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be about starting the most dominant team.

You draft a fullback because all teams use them at somepoint...duh.

But you set a starting lineup off of personal. It maximizes the potential of my top 2 picks as well. Randy Moss and AP are already guys nearly impossible to contain.

Andre Reed, Demaryius Thomas and Jimmy Graham make it full blown impossible.

That's what makes the strategy of this. Building a team that can maximize it's potential.

Thomas puts up great numbers now as a #1 target. Him as a 4th option on the field at all times???

I notice you didn't list your QB in all that lol. If you look at all the Super Bowl winners, even the recent ones, you'll see a lot more great defenses and running games than wide open passing attacks

Besides, all of these teams are loaded at the skill spots. I've got Megatron, Lofton, Desean and Chandler, and Casper, with Terrell Davis and Motley running it....oh and Aaron Rodgers throwing to them. Like I said, everyone is loaded :suds:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice you didn't list your QB in all that lol. If you look at all the Super Bowl winners, even the recent ones, you'll see a lot more great defenses and running games than wide open passing attacks

Besides, all of these teams are loaded at the skill spots. I've got Megatron, Lofton, Desean and Chandler, and Casper, with Terrell Davis and Motley running it....oh and Aaron Rodgers throwing to them. Like I said, everyone is loaded :suds:

Because my QB is just tossing it up to Randy. I could do that much less a Hall of Famer, but I have plans to thwart yours and Nos clouded views on a Hall of Famer.

And yes, I know everyone is stacked at the skill positions, that is my point of why we should be able to maximize our spots. My top guy at the 3 skill positions(WR, Running Back, TE) are 3 of the most athletic specimens to ever play their position. Its what those 3 can do for the other very solid guys as well.

I mean I totally understand the beginning of the thread stating what positions to take. So that we all have the same positions...but it's our team we should be able to run the lineup we see fit.

And I know defenses are usually great and key as well but in an "All Star" game like this offense is going to prevail. Just like the Pro bowl, just less obnoxious because the defenses will actually fucking try. And I like my defense a lot especially in the secondary and on the DE's.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because my QB is just tossing it up to Randy. I could do that much less a Hall of Famer, but I have plans to thwart yours and Nos clouded views on a Hall of Famer.

And yes, I know everyone is stacked at the skill positions, that is my point of why we should be able to maximize our spots. My top guy at the 3 skill positions(WR, Running Back, TE) are 3 of the most athletic specimens to ever play their position. Its what those 3 can do for the other very solid guys as well.

I mean I totally understand the beginning of the thread stating what positions to take. So that we all have the same positions...but it's our team we should be able to run the lineup we see fit.

And I know defenses are usually great and key as well but in an "All Star" game like this offense is going to prevail. Just like the Pro bowl, just less obnoxious because the defenses will actually fucking try. And I like my defense a lot especially in the secondary and on the DE's.

Tark may be a HOF, but I'd say Rodgers>>>Tark all day...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tried to account for that when building my defense. I didn't just think secondary and pass rush. I wanted to make sure I had some balance and players in my front four who were solid against the run. Really the whole dynamic if this draft was very interesting and fun

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Shannon Sharpe is basically a Wide out so...:whistle:

But seriously... I get the base offense thing which is why my FB is top 5 and my tight end top 5... My concern is defense... Actually I grabbed a 4-3 OLB and DE just in case, but Ware and Suggs on the outside is my preference... And again the whole Lawrence Taylor wouldn't get full credit talk... It would apply to me since my 2 OLB play(ed) 3-4 most of their career... That puts teams in the 3-4 at a disadvantage because of preference...:noidea:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu and UK are OTC

ROUND 29
29.1.313 : WLK : Phil Simms - QB - N.Y. Giants
29.2.314 : Clark : Joey Browner - SS - Minnesota
29.3.315 : Steve : Wade Smith - OG - Houston
29.4.316 : Shane : Greg Hardy - DE - Carolina
29.5.317 : Nos : Ken Anderson - QB - Cincinnati
29.6.318 : Trojan : Jeff Bryant - DE - Seattle
29.7.319 : 500 : Sam Mills - ILB - Carolina
29.8.320 : Ritz : Todd Heap - TE - Baltimore
29.9.321 : Wamu : OTC
29.10.322 : UK : OTC
29.11.323 : Jeffro :
29.12.324 : Hockey :

ROUND 30
30.1.325 : Hockey :
30.2.326 : Jeffro :
30.3.327 : UK :
30.4.328 : Wamu
30.5.329 : Ritz :
30.6.330 : 500 :
30.7.331 : Trojan :
30.8.332 : Nos :
30.9.333 : Shane :
30.10.334 : Steve :
30.11.335 : Clark :
30.12.336 : WLK :

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to account for that when building my defense. I didn't just think secondary and pass rush. I wanted to make sure I had some balance and players in my front four who were solid against the run. Really the whole dynamic if this draft was very interesting and fun

I think balance will win. Everyone is so good, even one hole will get ya

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Plus we are only taking 3 corners. You have to start a TE and FB or why draft them

This... You are being ranked on the team you drafted, why draft a FB if you aren't going to be judged on him, why a TE? If we were all going to just run a spread offense why draft a FB before the last pick if he isn't going to be part of your starting lineup and a player your team will be ranked on??