• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30+ year Raider fan. Reason to continue?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the league survives is because of the common fan that you so called football junkies hate. You think that because the world doesn't waste time like you knowing everything about on and off the field stuff about a particular team they have no business calling themselves a fan. Those are actually the masses who help the NFL profit. Not the few idiots who do a mock draft for their team and think the team is dumb for not making the picks they did.

I'm willing to go out on a limb here... But I would say that around 90% of NFL's revenue from team memorabilia is from fans of a particular team... Then other 10% are the people that buy a red hat because it looks cool.

...It just struck me... Is ram29jackson really Justin Bieber?

images
images
images
images
images

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to go out on a limb here... But I would say that around 90% of NFL's revenue from team memorabilia is from fans of a particular team... Then other 10% are the people that buy a red hat because it looks cool.

...It just struck me... Is ram29jackson really Justin Bieber?

images
images
images
images
images

no, I was Luke Perry's stunt double in "8 seconds " :laugh3:

I'M Sure your percentage idea is way .way off. 90 percent of people buying one teams stuff is just a ridiculous assumption. I'm a Rams and Packers fan and have Redskins stuff and Chiefs stuff and Ravens Giants etc.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis couldn't be more wrong even if you tried...

You are a blind consumerist at its finest though :rollseyes:

LOL its actually the most true statement made on this site today. Blind consumerist ? LOLOLLOLOL...L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M Sure your percentage idea is way .way off. 90 percent of people buying one teams stuff is just a ridiculous assumption. I'm a Rams and Packers fan and have Redskins stuff and Chiefs stuff and Ravens Giants etc.

That's not even what I said... 90% of the total people that purchase NFL memorabilia buy thier favorite team, not just one team.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say I learned to read by Dad and I pouring over the Sports page every morning. I have, for all of my life that I can remember ate, slept, and breathed sports.

The Ducks in the early Brooks era.... Oregon hasn't been a team that was in the National spot light until quite recently. Always found pride in our rivalries with the West Coast teams.

Blazers never a real reason to doubt my fandom. They aren't historically great. But the majority of my life they have been a good brand of basketball minus the jailblazer era.

A's. Love them through and through. In today's MLB they are the picture of the overachiever.

Now, the Raiders. My first true love in any sport. 1981 SuperBowl is the first football game I can remember watching. My family are all Raider fans and I an Oregonian former half season tix holder. However, the franchise is such an absolute joke in so many ways that I don't even need to touch on. The glory days of this franchise have passed decades ago minus the Gannon teams. The team goes through HCs over the last decade so that it is an embarrassment. From AL Davis' overhead projector presentation about Kiffin in a world where that was 20 year old technology. Mark Davis.... WTF? and of course, the fact ?my team? Playing on a baseball field.

The reasons to drop the Raiders like a bad habit are overwhelming. I can't stand the team that I grew up obsessing over. I am trying to find reasons to still follow them. But I can't even watch a game without getting mad and or queasy. This like I said, coming from a former season tix holder and Sunday ticket subscriber.

The NFL has become a chore for me to follow. I never thought that would be the case, but it is and I hate that I feel that way. It isn't even the fact that the Raiders are underachieving in the W/L columns. It is that they continue to be a complete joke and the laughing stock of the NFL. That is the reality. And not just for a couple years. This has gone on seemingly since Gannon left the field injured.

Sorry Raider Nation, you probably could care less and don't need this kind of fan anyways. Just trying to decide what the hell to do.

Is there one good reason to be loyal to a franchise such as the Raiders? I ask the NFL fans your honest opinion.

They're your team.............I've been a Ram fan for 40 years.........now, I have to admit, once we get to 6 or 7 losses (usually after, well, 7 or 8 games) I'll start rooting for an underdog team with a chance...........and of course, my Rams! I mean shit, Pat Haden, Deiter Brock, Vince Ferragamo, Joe fucking Namath. I put up with these guys, no way I'm giving up now.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with Raiders Nation for life! If you have to think about it, then you need to get on and root for the gay Chargers or something.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even what I said... 90% of the total people that purchase NFL memorabilia buy thier favorite team, not just one team.

good, you agree with me then. thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're your team.............I've been a Ram fan for 40 years.........now, I have to admit, once we get to 6 or 7 losses (usually after, well, 7 or 8 games) I'll start rooting for an underdog team with a chance...........and of course, my Rams! I mean shit, Pat Haden, Deiter Brock, Vince Ferragamo, Joe fucking Namath. I put up with these guys, no way I'm giving up now.

Brock.Dieter-Ham.jpg

51HETHEJfYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is silly. The Raiders have one of the richest histories in the NFL and you want to bail on them because their old, senile owner fucked things up in his later years, and they haven't corrected it yet? Boo hoo hoo. I suffered for 38 freaking years before Seattle won the big one. They were so bad at times that I actually got used to all the laughing and joking around and wondered iif they would ever win one before I died. Guess what? They did and the Raiders will too at some point. Everytime I get down, I remember that it could be worse. Think about being a Bills fan. They lost 4 damn superbowls in a row. How they didn't jump off a bridge, i'll never know. Lift your head up pal.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you don't have to be a hardcore single team fan for that to happen. Rooting interest does not cause profit. Theres plenty of fans that don't or cant buy anything but they still call themselves fans. The league cant survive one day because of them. Sports is an entertainment business. The only reason the league survives is because of the common fan that you so called football junkies hate. You think that because the world doesn't waste time like you knowing everything about on and off the field stuff about a particular team they have no business calling themselves a fan. Those are actually the masses who help the NFL profit. Not the few idiots who do a mock draft for their team and think the team is dumb for not making the picks they did.

Sports leagues wouldn't even exist without rooting interests.

Your whole opinion is a joke, as usual. Explaining the obvious to the oblivious is a waste of time, just go to any NFL stadium, sports bar and most living rooms in the country on Sundays in the fall and you can recognize just how wrong you are. But you're just trolling... I get it, people cant be this disillusioned unless it's intentional.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your whole opinion is a joke, as usual. Explaining the obvious to the oblivious is a waste of time, just go to any NFL stadium, sports bar and most living rooms in the country on Sundays in the fall and you can recognize just how wrong you are. But you're just trolling... I get it, people cant be this disillusioned unless it's intentional.

I apologized to you so you need to cut the insults now. LOL at opinion. I state facts based in reality.

the NFL stadium is the only example of yours that applies. Sports bars and your living room don't profit the NFL. The rooting interest doesn't do crap, pure profit is the only thing that benefits the league IE loyal fans to one team do nothing for the league as a whole. Its the fans that understand that the entire league is entertainment unto itself. ( no, I didn't forget about profit sharing )

I get what you are saying but its too much of a hopeful generalization to the reality of exchanged profit that has nothing to with watching from home and buying no merch-

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the WNBA exists purely because NBA tax write off money is pumped into it. The WNBA makes no realistic profit because their fan base is a bunch of lesbians.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba...

Any closer to a resolution on whether or not your "in or out" yet?

Can I get first dibs on your Raider gear of lore? I'll be over today to do some "pickin" OR I could just bundle it all up for 1 price.

Which side of the fence are leaning too?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blog-Photo--The-Curious-Case-of-Raiders-Owner-Mark-Davis.jpg

I saw this pic of him and my first thought was that you are all bastards for making fun of the looks of a guy in a wheelchair.

Than I did more research...

Carry on.

Dudes a freak.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of at the same point with the Mariners. Not because they have been just atrocious over the last decade, but I've had enough with the upper management and the bad taste they have left in my mouth isn't going away even with Baseball season fast approaching. So maybe I can feel your pain a little, well except for the part about the team I'm pissed off about having a glorious past with championships. :whistle:

When the M's tried to block the building of a new basketball/hockey arena out of fear of competition I knew I was divorcing them. They no longer represent the fans in any way, shape, or form. Their total gross incompetence is frustrating, but not the straw that broke the backs of so many fans.

Those fuckers at Nintendo should stick to their 3rd rate gaming platform and get out of owning an American sports team. Even Howard Schultz wasn't this bad. OK, well maybe HE was, but not many worse. :tsk:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say I learned to read by Dad and I pouring over the Sports page every morning. I have, for all of my life that I can remember ate, slept, and breathed sports.

The Ducks in the early Brooks era.... Oregon hasn't been a team that was in the National spot light until quite recently. Always found pride in our rivalries with the West Coast teams.

Blazers never a real reason to doubt my fandom. They aren't historically great. But the majority of my life they have been a good brand of basketball minus the jailblazer era.

A's. Love them through and through. In today's MLB they are the picture of the overachiever.

Now, the Raiders. My first true love in any sport. 1981 SuperBowl is the first football game I can remember watching. My family are all Raider fans and I an Oregonian former half season tix holder. However, the franchise is such an absolute joke in so many ways that I don't even need to touch on. The glory days of this franchise have passed decades ago minus the Gannon teams. The team goes through HCs over the last decade so that it is an embarrassment. From AL Davis' overhead projector presentation about Kiffin in a world where that was 20 year old technology. Mark Davis.... WTF? and of course, the fact ?my team? Playing on a baseball field.

The reasons to drop the Raiders like a bad habit are overwhelming. I can't stand the team that I grew up obsessing over. I am trying to find reasons to still follow them. But I can't even watch a game without getting mad and or queasy. This like I said, coming from a former season tix holder and Sunday ticket subscriber.

The NFL has become a chore for me to follow. I never thought that would be the case, but it is and I hate that I feel that way. It isn't even the fact that the Raiders are underachieving in the W/L columns. It is that they continue to be a complete joke and the laughing stock of the NFL. That is the reality. And not just for a couple years. This has gone on seemingly since Gannon left the field injured.

Sorry Raider Nation, you probably could care less and don't need this kind of fan anyways. Just trying to decide what the hell to do.

Is there one good reason to be loyal to a franchise such as the Raiders? I ask the NFL fans your honest opinion.

You can try but you can't let go. And if you can you weren't a fan. Stay the course. Hope for improvement and hope your team heads the right way. But if you are the fan you say you are then jumping ship won't work.