• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 way trade idea

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here goes nothing

Asik wants out of HOU, I'm guessing in this deal HOU sends a few picks up to POR to sweeten the deal.

Dub fans have been down on Lee's defense, Aldridge has been a popular name to be replace D.Lee

D.Lee would be a good stretch 4 to pair with D12, his passing and court vision will help that team.

Personally, I'd be happy with Lee as our starting 4, but as others have pointed out, his contract gets larger and larger these next few years.

Done and Done?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you had me at three way

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here goes nothing

Asik wants out of HOU, I'm guessing in this deal HOU sends a few picks up to POR to sweeten the deal.

Dub fans have been down on Lee's defense, Aldridge has been a popular name to be replace D.Lee

D.Lee would be a good stretch 4 to pair with D12, his passing and court vision will help that team.

Personally, I'd be happy with Lee as our starting 4, but as others have pointed out, his contract gets larger and larger these next few years.

Done and Done?

Couple problems with this, NBK. (And yes, I'll probably be a bit of a "CBA gatekeeper" on this board as well.)

First, this trade doesn't actually work. The only reason the Trade Checker suggests that it does is because it shows Houston being way under the salary cap, and thus able to absorb Lee's salary (being much greater than Asik's). Well, they appear to be signing a big guy to play center who is going to put them right up against the cap, so they can't absorb that salary. Try back on July 11 (after the deals are all signed on July 10th), and it won't work in the Trade Checker.

Second, Morey is way too smart to take on Lee's contract.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I found it odd that the salaries weren't listed it the trade checker, I'll check it again in a few days

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are working on a three way sign and trade for Iggy with Denver and Utah.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are working on a three way sign and trade for Iggy with Denver and Utah.

Maybe you can answer this for me then Chuck. The three way trade I saw that Ray is referring to was Utah sending Foye to Denver, Iggy to the Warriors and a future 2nd to Utah from the Warrriors. I think the article was saying that this allows the Warriors to the ability to sign Nedovic, and give the Warriors their MLE. True? Cause this would allow them to add another nice bench player at either PF/C or PG.

Also, awesome to see more people on the board, especially familiar names from other sites. Enjoy sportshoopla, but Dubs fans have been lacking on here.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe you can answer this for me then Chuck. The three way trade I saw that Ray is referring to was Utah sending Foye to Denver, Iggy to the Warriors and a future 2nd to Utah from the Warrriors. I think the article was saying that this allows the Warriors to the ability to sign Nedovic, and give the Warriors their MLE. True? Cause this would allow them to add another nice bench player at either PF/C or PG.

Also, awesome to see more people on the board, especially familiar names from other sites. Enjoy sportshoopla, but Dubs fans have been lacking on here.

Reefer, this particular trade / signing goes beyond my knowledge of the CBA. I understand a lot of the basic stuff around the cap and tax levels and what's allowable, but this one's too complicated for me to fully get. But what I read is the same as what you saw - and in addition to having the full MLE available to us ($5M), which is more than the "Room Exception" of $2.65M we used to have, I think we also are getting trade exceptions which could be used to absorb players separately. If so, given our depth need, that's definitely worth the second-round pick, which I think we're all hoping is going to be in the 50's anyway.