• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3) Warriors vs (2) Celtics 2021-22 FINALS

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's maybe not ready for a playoffs moment due to defense. And that may change the calculus of how much and when to pay him. One thing is sure he can only be out there with 4 good defenders around him

Last night to me wasnt so much the Warriors failing as the Celtics just taking it in the 4th quarter. If White, Horford, and Pritchard go 13-19 from 3 you're going to lose that game. Kudos to them, and if that happens again just hand them the title. Not too concerned about that.

I think it was a mix of the Celtics playing well, but the Warriors also missed defensive assignment and rotations. Draymond was slow on rotations to Horford on all of his threes. Otto had his head completely turned around and let a defender get behind him for an open corner three. Just things that can be prevented. I think the Warriors were so centrally focused on Tatum and Brown that they kept collapsing. The Celtics burned them where the Mavs did not. Only problem is that the Celtics are a much, much better defensive team, so it's harder for the Warriors to keep pace with a flurry against them.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Draymond and Poole can each play better than completely terrible, then the Warriors will have a chance.

Draymond missing almost every shot, including 0/3 on FT. At least he was aggressive, which needs to continue.
Just gotta hope he is better than 2/12 on FG and 0/3 in FT.

Poole losing double digit leads twice while leading the 2nd unit while Curry was on the bench. I understand the criticism that Kerr should've played Curry more, but even so, Poole needs to be better than garbage.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even get me started on Celtics Al Horford. Dude puts on the shamrock and his age drops 15 years. He was ass in Philly, but suddenly in Boston he is rejuvenated???
Yes Sir we are all in awe of this.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a mix of the Celtics playing well, but the Warriors also missed defensive assignment and rotations. Draymond was slow on rotations to Horford on all of his threes. Otto had his head completely turned around and let a defender get behind him for an open corner three. Just things that can be prevented. I think the Warriors were so centrally focused on Tatum and Brown that they kept collapsing. The Celtics burned them where the Mavs did not. Only problem is that the Celtics are a much, much better defensive team, so it's harder for the Warriors to keep pace with a flurry against them.

Yup, gotta give the Celtics credit for that great 4th quarter. Hopefully, the Warriors can get tighter coverage on those 3's, but them Tatum could go off. But maybe that's better than everyone else going off. It will be interesting to see what the Warriors' approach will be in game 2.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horford on Tatum "he is special. That's who we follow"

I warned ya. Even struggling with his shot, he had a career high 13 assists. Pretty sure that's the most assists ever for a player in his first finals game

Tatum > MJ right?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Horford on Tatum "he is special, but this is my team"

I warned ya. Even struggling with his shot, he had a career high 13 assists. Pretty sure that's the most assists ever for a player in his first finals game
I couldn’t agree more Al…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOOOO boy. I got too emotionally invested in last nights game and was in jeopardy of snapping at someone. Don't know why, but yesterdays game stressed me out more than a game actually should. Might have to address that soon.

On a personal note, Celtics played a helluva game. Tatum had an off game but the rest of the team came to play. White and Horford were amazing. Role players all did their jobs really well. The Warriors "others" lost this game for them. Steph had a great game but there were too many defensive lapses and turnovers. Klay, Poole and Draymond all need to be better.

I guess throughout the season I've been mesmerized by Jordan Poole's offense that I didn't notice his defense. In the playoffs its become abundantly clear to me that he's one of the worst defensive players in the NBA. It's crazy. If you take all the players who play at least 20 minutes a night, he's easily the worst defensive player. That is something that will need to be addressed.
aww it must be so hard for you making 6 of the last 8 Finals. We feel so sorry for you

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I get it though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the effort defensive was there for Poole but like on offense at times it's just a constant motor and he overplays his hand and gets in a bad position defensively. It will come in time (as in years) but he has to be more patient

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even get me started on Celtics Al Horford. Dude puts on the shamrock and his age drops 15 years. He was ass in Philly, but suddenly in Boston he is rejuvenated???
Missed the chowdah?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting that outta the Celtics. Tatum had another bad game, dammit. Heard this this morning.

The good guys in green are the first team in Finals history to be down by double digits in the 4th and win by double digits.

How about the old man of team Horford hitting clutch buckets? He had a big game. And they did a damn good job keeping Steph in check after he exploded for 21 in the 1st quarter.
Just a little more from him and I could have taken down a huge GPP on Fanduel (or at least tied with some for a hefty payday).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little more from him and I could have taken down a huge GPP on Fanduel (or at least tied with some for a hefty payday).

He turned the clock back last night. It was to watch.