• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) T'Wolves vs. 5) Mavericks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that has pissed me off this series is the Wolves coaching. It has been just dreadful.

Offensively they are a broken record.

Defensively it has been as sad as it gets. You blitz late in the game to get the ball out of certain players hands. And you play straight up for the most part for the other parts of the game. Yet they inexplicably have done the EXACT opposite. It's absolutely maddening.

Micah Nori is a completely flop on the sidelines. He doesnt realize that one of the biggest parts of being a head coach is yelling at the refs and trying to get future calls. Way too much of a mouse to ever legitimately to be considered a head coaching candidate.
Finch was outcoached in 6 out of 7 last series as well.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finch was outcoached in 6 out of 7 last series as well.

I agree. I was upset with a lot of the coaching in that series too.

I just wish NBA coaches weren't so singularly focused. I would love to bring in a new coach that had a better offensive system than Finch has had. But there are certain coaches that can get their players to play D and most others cant. And I am not willing to upgrade O if it means going back to the same defense we have seen in years previous.

But I cant help but think what a coach like Rick Adelman and his system could have done with this offensive talent. How we never pick and pop with KAT and have Rudy running the baseline, even just on occasion, is crazy to me. But it is ALWAYS the same action with this offense.

Hopefully they learn from this ass kicking and change some things both offensively and defensively next season. You have to be multi dimensional. And all season all they every did, both offense and defense, has always been the same thing. And it worked.......till it didnt.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like Van Gundy said at the time, if the objective is to get the call right, then get the call right.

Hopefully, the NBA will change that. They also need to look at the challenge rule. You shouldn't be "out of challenges" if you're right on the first 2.

Don't think I'd want "unlimited challenges", but if you got the first 2 right and still have timeouts, you should still be able to challenge.
Let’s fix the stupidly wrong out of bounds calls in real time and then we can talk. It’s that stuff that is eating up way too many challenges.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the brightside, my guess in this series of Wolves in 7 is still in play.
giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but IMO, the whole play should be reviewable

If you're going to overturn Out of bounds that was caused by an obvious foul, it should be fall call

I mean, you can challenge some calls? Conley got a foul on review because it was "subtle but effective", go look at how many times luka creates space with subtle but effective movements, or ant, or lebron, or jokic, etc

I agree with you.

NBA needs to really rethink the challenge structure and rules around it.

Get expedited review also, so teams don’t even have to waste challenges on OB calls and simple stuff like that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just leads to Ant being in foul trouble instead of McDaniels

Totally agree.

Any other situation would be stupid.

But they are down 3-0.

Maybe Ant going head to head with Luka is what the Wolves need to get some confidence and change momentum in the series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Any other situation would be stupid.

But they are down 3-0.

Maybe Ant going head to head with Luka is what the Wolves need to get some confidence and change momentum in the series.

The actual change they should have made IMO is bench Gobert and start Reid. That lineup allows for better spacing since those bigs can actually shoot the ball

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actual change they should have made IMO is bench Gobert and start Reid. That lineup allows for better spacing since those bigs can actually shoot the ball

Yeah, that would be a good idea too.

Not sure how Gobert would take it. But he is a negative in this matchup.