• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) T'Wolves vs. 5) Mavericks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. There’s not a ton of value in being the greatest shooting Big of all time or whatever he thinks he is if you cant do the “got to have it” aspects of being a Big.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a joke that he is 4 time DPOY.

People railing about Jokic.

This is like 10,000 times worse.
AD deserved it more than Gobert but he finished 4th in voting I believe.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad wolves got
Fucked on that out of bounds review. Would have been 2-1

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q

It is what it is. No guarantee any one play wins a game.
Didn’t they have the lead with the ball when he was hacked and they only reviewed who it was off of. They should be able to use common sense on reviews to dictate that being a foul and not a fucking out of bounds. The whole point is to get the call correct.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they have the lead with the ball when he was hacked and they only reviewed who it was off of. They should be able to use common sense on reviews to dictate that being a foul and not a fucking out of bounds. The whole point is to get the call correct.

Except that isn’t how the rule is written.

Be consistent people.

We got people blasting refs on this thread because they followed the rule and made the call by the book.

Then we got people blasting refs on the other thread because the refs used common sense to override the rule and not call a flagrant on Jaylen Brown.

So many plays where officials have to use judgement. Going to piss half the people off no matter what they decide.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be consistent people.

We got people blasting refs on this thread because they followed the rule and made the call by the book.

Then we got people blasting refs on the other thread because the refs used common sense to override the rule and not call a flagrant on Jaylen Brown.

So many plays where officials have to use judgement. Going to piss half the people off no matter what they decide.

I HATE, HATE, HATE when refs dont want to whistle a foul and just decide to give the team the ball out of bounds even though they know a foul occurred. It happens in every NBA game at least 2 or 3 times. And that absolutely was one of those calls where refs dont want to whistle a foul and just award the ball to the Wolves on the inbound. But it getting overturned on replay like this is EXACTLY why they shouldnt be doing that.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cant get over how poorly KAT has played this series.

I have no idea how or what the Wolves are going to do with him moving forward. It was always going to be a big question heading into the offseason. But now it just screams as something we have to change. But after this series, I am not even sure what the Wolves could hope for in return for him.

15 of 54. 27.7%

So bad in a series he should be able to get his because the Mavs dont have the size to guard him.

Last edited:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect this

1. Kat has been awful this series, I didnt expect that
2. Ant has had spurts, but hasn't dominated like needs to. Game 2 he needed to go up strong on last possesion before Luka 3, he probably gets the foul call there at the least, instead he throws it out of bounds.
3. Picking up on theme, I'm annoyed with the refs. our role player gets a T for complaining about call, later in game luka acts like a toddler jumping up and down bitching abouy refs, no T. I'm also annoyed by soft calls Kyrie and Luka get at times but not Ant
4. To point #3, it just adds to frustration, it is not reason wolves are down 0-3. Mavs are closing out quarters (and games) and wolves are not, it's that simple. Game 3 Ant/Kat combined for 4 points in the 4th or something like that? can't happen
5. Mavs defense has been better than I expected, but part of that is MN missing open/good looks allowing them to clog up and really get after ant since one (particularly Kat) isn't making them pay for doing so.
6. The amount of lob dunks wolves have given up are driving me crazy
7. This isn't a wolves/mavs thing, but I really don't like that NBA has added gather step that harden and so many Euro players use. I'm still a "that's a travel" guy. But I doubt it changes, I just have to accept it (see Luka's GW 3 in G2)

It's not "over", but it's over. I would probably root for mavs over Celtics, but I'm really struggling to root for Luka. Like his game, just not all flopping and whining.

As to wolves, they need to trade Kat, continued development from Ant, and a little more offense.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be consistent people.

I agree, but IMO, the whole play should be reviewable

If you're going to overturn Out of bounds that was caused by an obvious foul, it should be fall call

I mean, you can challenge some calls? Conley got a foul on review because it was "subtle but effective", go look at how many times luka creates space with subtle but effective movements, or ant, or lebron, or jokic, etc

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but IMO, the whole play should be reviewable

If you're going to overturn Out of bounds that was caused by an obvious foul, it should be fall call

I mean, you can challenge some calls? Conley got a foul on review because it was "subtle but effective", go look at how many times luka creates space with subtle but effective movements, or ant, or lebron, or jokic, etc

Yeah, like Van Gundy said at the time, if the objective is to get the call right, then get the call right.

Hopefully, the NBA will change that. They also need to look at the challenge rule. You shouldn't be "out of challenges" if you're right on the first 2.

Don't think I'd want "unlimited challenges", but if you got the first 2 right and still have timeouts, you should still be able to challenge.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that has pissed me off this series is the Wolves coaching. It has been just dreadful.

Offensively they are a broken record.

Defensively it has been as sad as it gets. You blitz late in the game to get the ball out of certain players hands. And you play straight up for the most part for the other parts of the game. Yet they inexplicably have done the EXACT opposite. It's absolutely maddening.

Micah Nori is a completely flop on the sidelines. He doesnt realize that one of the biggest parts of being a head coach is yelling at the refs and trying to get future calls. Way too much of a mouse to ever legitimately to be considered a head coaching candidate.