• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3 pretty bold predictions from Fansided

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially Prediction #1:

Chicago Bears: Ridiculously bold predictions for offense in 2018-2019

Now I'm as pro-Trubisky as any Bear fan and always enjoy more than my fair share of chugging down that Kool Aid when discussing the potential fortunes of our team. But 4,000 yards passing and 30 TDs? Dayum, that's some bold predicting there. Not because he doesn't have the wherewithals to do it or because he doesn't have the surrounding talent. But that's a pretty decent leap from last year, especially for the TDs. I'll say this much, if he makes those numbers, we're in the postseason.

Predictions 2&3 aren't really all that bold. Howard should get a number of opportunities to punch it in from near the goal line. Altho if you add up what it would take for him to claim the title plus Trubs' 30+ passing TDs, I'm starting to assume that we'll need to lead the league in scoring or come awfully close in order for these to come true. As for #3, while I can see Burton and Miller becoming our 1-2 punch, this may not say a lot as to Robinson's signing of that monstrous contract.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,000 yards isn't a big thing in this day and age. Especially if Alex Smith did it in this offense. Plenty of middling QB's to hit the 4K mark. 30 TD's would definitely be a big jump. I don't think we're there as an offense yet.

Howard should have a nice statistical season, IMO. More chances around the goal line, for sure.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,000 yards isn't a big thing in this day and age. Especially if Alex Smith did it in this offense. Plenty of middling QB's to hit the 4K mark. 30 TD's would definitely be a big jump. I don't think we're there as an offense yet.

Howard should have a nice statistical season, IMO. More chances around the goal line, for sure.
Yeah, the 4k part wasn't too big, I was thinking more along the lines of those 30 TDs. Still, if Nagy wants somewhat of a balanced offensive attack, you have to have X amount of runs. In this day and age, a balanced attack is somewhere around a 60-40 pass-run ratio, particularly when operating in the West Coast style of O.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even notice there was a 4th bold prediction - the damn title should have said so. Anyway, this last prediction calls for Whitehair to remain at C all season. Things that make you go hmmm.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jordan Howard leads the NFL in rushing touchdowns"

LOL. Not a snowball chance in hell.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jordan Howard leads the NFL in rushing touchdowns"

LOL. Not a snowball chance in hell.
The man is off to a better start than any Bears running back in history while in an offense that has been absolutely awful, with a coaching staff that was hopeless, and you still find a way to hate on this guy. You really are a stubborn moron.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky is NOT throwing for 4000 yds...…………..It would be nice,but not happening.....….I love the receiving crew we have,but for him to throw for that many yards,that`ll take away from Howards play...……

And no way in hell he throws 30tds either...….

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky is NOT throwing for 4000 yds...…………..It would be nice,but not happening.....….I love the receiving crew we have,but for him to throw for that many yards,that`ll take away from Howards play...……

And no way in hell he throws 30tds either...….
I think 4000 Yards is a very optimistic, yet realistic goal for Trubisky. 30 TDs is a stretch for me as well. I think an equally optimistic, yet realistic goal for TDs is around 24. That’s averaging 250 Yards per game and 2 touch downs. I think those are very realistic goals for Trubisky. I’d probably bet my money on the under there, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he went over those numbers as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4000 Yards is a very optimistic, yet realistic goal for Trubisky. 30 TDs is a stretch for me as well. I think an equally optimistic, yet realistic goal for TDs is around 24. That’s averaging 250 Yards per game and 2 touch downs. I think those are very realistic goals for Trubisky. I’d probably bet my money on the under there, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he went over those numbers as well.

I think most realistic is 3200 and 22 tds...........Hopefully I'm dead wrong.:2cents:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem guys......Just trying to help out a fellow poster....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I double checked the numbers from last year, I'm thinking again that 4000 yards for Trubisky is probably a reach. Only 8 QBs passed for 4k last year. Some notable names who did not make the list:

Russell Wilson
Carson Wentz/Nick Foles (combined)
Jared Goff
Case Keenum
Jameis Winston
Derek Carr
Eli Manning

Even worse, only 3 QBs threw for 30+ TDs:

Russell Wilson
Carson Wentz
Tom Brady

In other words, Tom Brady was the only QB in the entire league to throw for 4k+ yards and 30+ TDs. So once again, Trubs accomplishing this feat in 2018 makes for one really BOLD prediction.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is off to a better start than any Bears running back in history while in an offense that has been absolutely awful, with a coaching staff that was hopeless, and you still find a way to hate on this guy. You really are a stubborn moron.

How is saying he's not going to lead the league in TDs hating the guy? There is NO SNOWBALL CHANCE IN HELL he will lead the NFL in TDs, book it. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There are so many elite RBs in the league now, Howard isn't in that group. Sorry but lets be honest here. Howard isn't even a 3 down back!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is saying he's not going to lead the league in TDs hating the guy? There is NO SNOWBALL CHANCE IN HELL he will lead the NFL in TDs, book it. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There are so many elite RBs in the league now, Howard isn't in that group. Sorry but lets be honest here. Howard isn't even a 3 down back!
Yeah, it’s easy to take the field in that category. I could see that as a possibility this year though. I’d give him maybe a 5% chance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for a guy who doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell and isn't even a 3 down back, Howard somehow managed to tie for 3rd in rushing TDs last year on what most will agree was one of the worst offenses in the NFL. I think the bold prediction for Howard is a lot closer to reality than the one for Trubisky.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for a guy who doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell and isn't even a 3 down back, Howard somehow managed to tie for 3rd in rushing TDs last year on what most will agree was one of the worst offenses in the NFL. I think the bold prediction for Howard is a lot closer to reality than the one for Trubisky.

Nagy has also said a few times now that Howard will play 3rd downs this season. He believes that he's more than capable.

This article also does a pretty good job of illustrating how Howard's perceived lack of receiving prowess is a bit overstated.

Nagy reiterates that Jordan Howard will play 3rd downs

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy has also said a few times now that Howard will play 3rd downs this season. He believes that he's more than capable.

This article also does a pretty good job of illustrating how Howard's perceived lack of receiving prowess is a bit overstated.

Nagy reiterates that Jordan Howard will play 3rd downs

(rolls eyes)

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure Nagy is going to reveal his entire playbook to the media right now (rolls eyes). It's Nagy's job to make Howard feel good. But lets call a spade a spade here, the dude cannot catch. There's been multiple examples of this last year. Cohen will be the right choice for 3rd downs...and everyone should know this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a snowball's chance in hell says the genius @BsGenius

:scratch:

2017 NFL Player Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

1st - Todd Gurley: 13 TD's (LAR: #1 Scoring Offense with 478 Points)
2nd - Mark Ingram: 12 TD's (NO: #4 Scoring Offense with 448 Points)
3rd - Jordan Howard: 9 TD's (CHI: #29 Scoring Offense with 264 Points)

So, Howard checks in at 3rd last season in rushing touchdowns. The only two backs who finished in front of him ran for offense's that scored nearly DOUBLE what the Bears offense did.

Not to mention, the Bears were 6th in the league in red zone TD percentage. Which even further illustrates how efficient Howard was in the EXTREMELY limited opportunities he had - relative to Gurley/Ingram.

LAR (despite being the #1 scoring offense in football) checked in at 17th in red zone TD percentage.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) on TeamRankings.com

Red Zone Trips Per Game:

LA - 2nd with 4.3
NO - 5th with 3.4

CHI - 31st with 2.3

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Attempts per Game on TeamRankings.com

But... Howard has NOT A SNOWBALL'S chance in hell to leap from 3rd to 1st in an improved offense? Because... the genius shouts out "I say so"?

Alrighty then... :noidea:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah ignored...

But... Howard has NOT A SNOWBALL'S chance in hell to leap from 3rd to 1st in an improved offense? Because... the genius shouts out "I say so"?

You are assuming this offense will be improved.
You are assuming Trubisky will be a success.
You are assuming Howard will be a 3 down back
You are assuming Nagy is indeed revealing his entire game plan to the media right now
All these assumptions while neglecting the multitude of things that now go against Howard

And if ALL you're assumptions are correct, you actually think Howard will get more touches? You actually think the ball won't get spread around more?

You can throw all the stats at me as you want but in the end of the day, like every day, the genius sees through the stats while you conveniently carve out the portions of the stats that make your argument.

End of thread