• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3)Phoenix Coyotes vs (4)Nashville Predators Someone get the Nyquil series

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe they are up 2-0

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe they are up 2-0

The best thing to happen to the Yotes roster was getting Torres out of the lineup.

/That fine that he'll have to pay keeps going down with each Yotes win.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction of the Preds in 5 is already wrong, lol. I still think Nashville can come back though once Rinne realizes that he's really good.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just think the Preds thought the coyotes would be a cakewalk and that they didnt have to play lockdown d like they did against the wings ... they can still get it figured out on home ice

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction of the Preds in 5 is already wrong, lol. I still think Nashville can come back though once Rinne realizes that he's really good.

Looks to me that the Preds thought the Yotes were going to be easy pickings after disposing of the Wings. Trotz needs to wake up Rentalov along with the rest of the Preds.

edit: Beaten to the punch by jstew

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How did this team beat Detroit their d has been awful

Detroit played with no sense of urgency. Zetterberg was probably the only one who left all he had on the ice after every game. Even I'm quick to dog on him during the regular season, but he just might end up with multiple Conn Smythes in his career.

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another reason as to why home-ice advantage in the playoffs is so vital. Game two I feel the crowd was actually a factor in the opening stages, and coming off a 'lucky' win in game 1 they certainly felt the momentum.

They out hustled us on every puck, out hit us in every shoulder bump, and just took advantage of the opportunity of a down Rinne. The good news for us tho is that Rinne has come off games such as the last one and gone back to his shut down self. Hopefully this is the case because right now: Mike Smith > Pekka Rinne.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just think the Preds thought the coyotes would be a cakewalk and that they didnt have to play lockdown d like they did against the wings ... they can still get it figured out on home ice

agreed. i mentioned it earlier but i also think that the preds beating the wings was like their championship and now the stomach is full. that's why i laughed when i was hearing people say that the preds have officially arrived.

we saw the same thing happen a couple years ago with the sharks where they just rolled over and died in the conference finals

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. i mentioned it earlier but i also think that the preds beating the wings was like their championship and now the stomach is full. that's why i laughed when i was hearing people say that the preds have officially arrived.

we saw the same thing happen a couple years ago with the sharks where they just rolled over and died in the conference finals

The Kings and the Blues are going to beat the fuck out of each other... could you freaking imagine the shitstorm if the Yotes went to the SCFs this year?

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings and the Blues are going to beat the fuck out of each other... could you freaking imagine the shitstorm if the Yotes went to the SCFs this year?

Could you imagine The shitstorm if they actually won the cup?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how everyone is shocked by the Coyotes up 2-0. But plenty of good hockey left to be played. I fully expect the Preds to make this a series again by getting a W or two at home on this trip to Nashville.

Prediction is Preds take game 3, then game 4 tying the series up before PHX takes the next two? Yotes in 6.

Either way, I enjoy reading the Coyote support! :humble:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're giving the Wings WAY too much credit, lol. At least in terms of the Sharks. Maybe back in 1994 it would have been considered a "championship". If you watched the Sharks roll over and die in the Conference Finals two straight years, then you'd see they didn't have the speed and depth to keep up with the Blackhawks and Canucks. The Wings don't have the same quick transition game that either of those two possess. The Wings are more of a puck control, "half court" offense at this point.

I think your point may hold some water in the case of the Predators though, I've missed both games. It also sounds like Rinne is just not playing all that well either.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville, Tenn. (May 1, 2012) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn will not play Game Three of the team’s Western Conference Semifinals series vs. the Phoenix Coyotes as result of violating team rules.

“The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things,” Poile said. “We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates.”

The Predators practice today at 11 a.m. CT at Centennial Sportsplex and play Game Three at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, May 2 at 8 p.m. CT.

Nashville Predators 2012 Playoff Coverage - Nashville Predators Playoffs Coverage

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more losses and operation "bring shea weber home" can begin in earnest

:)

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wyshynski
From a source on Predators' "suspensions of Radulov, Kostitsyn for Game 3: Someone was off the Dry Island on Saturday night.