• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3)Phoenix Coyotes vs (4)Nashville Predators Someone get the Nyquil series

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this series could not be more different for the preds from the wings series. They're the ones getting screwed by all the bad bounces and hot goalie

i said it before the series started that the preds would have to play a heck of a lot better than they did against the wings in order to advance and they haven't. this just makes the wings look even worse

Wings have enough Cups to wave in both these teams faces, plus a good future in place. It's the Red Wings, they will be back next year.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a hard team feeling good about a market who hasn't given a fuck about hockey for years, and should have lost it's team by now, in a position to see a championship. As I said, it's not at all fair to guys like Doan, Smith and the rest of the Coyotes, but it is what it is.

The fact the NHL is paying shared revenues to keep this team afloat makes it even worse.

What do you expect? We live in a desert.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffft.... Mike Smith is playing well, but he's propped up by the most boring, stifling defensive system ever contrived outside of Scarface's.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffft.... Mike Smith is playing well, but he's propped up by the most boring, stifling defensive system ever contrived outside of Scarface's.

strategy doesn't need to be pretty, just needs to win games. Defense wins championships.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don't hate the Coyotes team, but the entire situation surrounding them. The fact they are league owned and Bettman has done everything but call in favours from the mob to keep them where nobody supports them until the spring, makes the idea of a Cup parade in Arizona is sickening to me. Just how I feel. Having to listen to that band wagon twit all year doesn't help matters.

If they do manage to win it, I'm sure I will see the positives about it. Shane Doan certainly deserves to be winner after all his years of service.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strategy doesn't need to be pretty, just needs to win games. Defense wins championships.

Does it really count as defense when you allow the other team wide open chances at your net, which Phoenix has done all playoffs.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Yotes!!!!

I'm a horrible very casual fan, but they make Lord Stanley's cup, I'll be up there.....I live in Tucson and I'm pissed we lost our WCHL Tucson Gila Monsters after a year and a half (several years ago, but the pain is still fresh) ......

I do love the game though......

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWF has much hatred for the Yotes. He thinks that having a really good goalie is a terrible way to win games.

That's because the Leafs don't have one of their own, lol. Tell that to Roy, Brodeur, Dryden, Thomas and others. The Flyers knew they had to play better defensively and get better goal tending from Bryz than against the Pens to have a chance at the cup. I doubt you'll see teams like the high flying Oilers of the 80's winning the cup again, especially in the cap era. Solid goal tending is the foundation for winning the cup. Always has been really.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that if the Yotes won the cup they would gain major support from the city and you would probably see great support/attendance next year. Coyotes winning the cup could keep them in PHX forever.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that if the Yotes won the cup they would gain major support from the city and you would probably see great support/attendance next year. Coyotes winning the cup could keep them in PHX forever.

For the sake of the Coyotes fans, I hope that's the case... what worries me is that a deep run or even a Cup win is just going to prolong the inevitable. It could be the "promise ring" that strings out a doomed relationship.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of the Coyotes fans, I hope that's the case... what worries me is that a deep run or even a Cup win is just going to prolong the inevitable. It could be the "promise ring" that strings out a doomed relationship.

Certainely, maybe it keeps them there for a few more years, but it also betters their chances of maybe sticking in PHX, I mean they have been there for 15 years already and the owner of the NHL loves them in PHx.

My question is this, you think Bettman is going to make a deal to whatever owner buys the team that they MUST keep them in Phoenix? That is the reason for the lack of interest in an owner wanting to buy the Coyotes? Because he knows a contract will have to keep the team in Phoenix and they see this as a potential loss in money?

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainely, maybe it keeps them there for a few more years, but it also betters their chances of maybe sticking in PHX, I mean they have been there for 15 years already and the owner of the NHL loves them in PHx.

My question is this, you think Bettman is going to make a deal to whatever owner buys the team that they MUST keep them in Phoenix? That is the reason for the lack of interest in an owner wanting to buy the Coyotes? Because he knows a contract will have to keep the team in Phoenix and they see this as a potential loss in money?

Nobody really knows why, aside from the fact that Glendale keeps pumping money into the NHL coffers. They let Atlanta walk without so much as a raised eyebrow, yet Phoenix has had willing buyers that were turned down because they might potentially move the team.

I don't know what Bettman has planned. At this point, in my mind, it's a foregone conclusion; the Coyotes will not survive in Phoenix, they must moved. However their fate may rest on this playoff run. Right now it's looking like they will make the Conference Finals, and that probably means Bettman is going to give them at least another year. Hell, Glendale already voted to re-up the subsidy cash for another year, right? It's easy to talk about a Phoenix resurgence and the team taking hold in the community right now, let's see how ratings and attendance is holding up next February. That's the true test of fan support. I just think even if they win the Cup this year, they will get a nice bump in season tickets and jersey sales, but there's still going to be huge swaths of empty seats next winter. Any spring success is just going to cause the band-aid to be pulled off even slower.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks all but over for the Predators. I'll be pullin for Phoenix the rest of the way...and NJ in the East.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WharnsbyCBC
NHL announces one-game suspension to PHX D Klesla. #hnic

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Coyotes! Lets finish this off tonight!