• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Philadelphia Sixers vs 6) Brooklyn Nets

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emotion? thats a barrel of laughs

its common sense.

Its the fact that tehy have Simmons, Embiid, Butler, and Harris and they cant pay all of them, and if even if they let Harris go, its still doubtful they offer Butler 35M per year which is what he can get from other teams.

Sell crazy somewhere else. We are all stocked up here.
Yes, emotion. You don't like Butler so you want/hope he leaves so you can say 4 teams in 5 years. Of course, you'll keep ignoring he asked for team 3. He did not wear out his welcome...well, maybe by players who he didn't think tried hard enough. who wants that attittude, right?

He's actually a very good player despite your emotional rants. Lesser players than him have been given max money. As you say, someone probably gives it to him. Not crazy to believe the team he helps get far in playoffs (and this is possible) could be that team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, emotion. You don't like Butler so you want/hope he leaves so you can say 4 teams in 5 years. Of course, you'll keep ignoring he asked for team 3. He did not wear out his welcome...well, maybe by players who he didn't think tried hard enough. who wants that attittude, right?

He's actually a very good player despite your emotional rants. Lesser players than him have been given max money. As you say, someone probably gives it to him. Not crazy to believe the team he helps get far in playoffs (and this is possible) could be that team.
are a fucking idiot? you didnt even respond to one of the arguments in why i think hes leaving.

its fucking common sense that they cant pay 4 guys max contracts--- and its hard to even pay 3 if 2 of them are gonna be the size of Embiid and Simmons---- COMBINED with the fact that Butler is going to be 30 by the time next season starts.

use your brain.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think Butler is an ass clown of epic proportions but why wont he be in Philly?

A. Simmons and Embiid are much more important

B. You have 1 designated player extension

C. Their payroll is already going to be bonkers

D. There is no way they can keep Harris and Butler- and id rather keep the 26 year old Harris who's game fits better, and will likely be cheaper, and who isnt an asshole

E. Butler has a ton of miles on his odometer, esp. from playing for Thibs for so long

F. Butler seems like an asshole that i wouldnt want around my young players- esp. as he gets older and struggles with a declining game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are a fucking idiot? you didnt even respond to one of the arguments in why i think hes leaving.

its fucking common sense that they cant pay 4 guys max contracts--- and its hard to even pay 3 if 2 of them are gonna be the size of Embiid and Simmons---- COMBINED with the fact that Butler is going to be 30 by the time next season starts.

use your brain.
"are a fucking idiot"?

OK, never mind that failed Yosemite Sam-like namecalling rant because someone doesn't agree with ya, kid.

They might like Butler more than they like Harris. You could even go by what Brand said about him when they acquired him (now, granted, I get Brand might be waiting to talk to you in the offseason before he proceeds) - "We have a championship window that's centered around the continued progression of our talented young core, as well as our ability to add elite players who elevate our program," 76ers general manager Elton Brand said. "In Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, we have two of the NBA's top-20 players. Now we've added a third top-20 player in Jimmy Butler, who is one of the NBA's very best on both ends of the floor."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"are a fucking idiot"?

OK, never mind that failed Yosemite Sam-like namecalling rant because someone doesn't agree with ya, kid.

They might like Butler more than they like Harris. You could even go by what Brand said about him when they acquired him (now, granted, I get Brand might be waiting to talk to you in the offseason before he proceeds) - "We have a championship window that's centered around the continued progression of our talented young core, as well as our ability to add elite players who elevate our program," 76ers general manager Elton Brand said. "In Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, we have two of the NBA's top-20 players. Now we've added a third top-20 player in Jimmy Butler, who is one of the NBA's very best on both ends of the floor."
hey if you wanna make a bet on if he leaves or stays i told you id do it and i outlined all the reasons why- none of which are emotional--- but apparently you just want to ignore that and be a big puss.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey if you wanna make a bet on if he leaves or stays i told you id do it and i outlined all the reasons why- none of which are emotional--- but apparently you just want to ignore that and be a big puss.
a big puss because I don't want to make a bet on the internet based on the whims of a guy I don't know with someone I don't know (who is clearly emotional)?

And you aren't fooling me (or anyone I wouldn't think). You are beyond emotional when it comes to Jimmy Butler.

sure, there are reasons he wont stay, and there are reasons he will stay. Crazy, right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a big puss because I don't want to make a bet on the internet based on the whims of a guy I don't know with someone I don't know (who is clearly emotional)?

And you aren't fooling me (or anyone I wouldn't think). You are beyond emotional when it comes to Jimmy Butler.

sure, there are reasons he wont stay, and there are reasons he will stay. Crazy, right?
more so i can do simple arithmetic than emotion with why butler wil leave philly

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that I disagree. There can be educated guesses IMO. But his are based on emotion so are not educated.
'

'Educated' is entirely subjective here.
We are also biased by our homer views.

Can you make a good guess based on the data?
Absolutely.
That and a quarter get you a phone call...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think Butler is an ass clown of epic proportions but why wont he be in Philly?

A. Simmons and Embiid are much more important

B. You have 1 designated player extension

C. Their payroll is already going to be bonkers

D. There is no way they can keep Harris and Butler- and id rather keep the 26 year old Harris who's game fits better, and will likely be cheaper, and who isnt an asshole

E. Butler has a ton of miles on his odometer, esp. from playing for Thibs for so long

F. Butler seems like an asshole that i wouldnt want around my young players- esp. as he gets older and struggles with a declining game.

A, C, D, and F are your opinions.
Thanks for playing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more so i can do simple arithmetic than emotion with why butler wil leave philly
don't kid yourself my friend. You don't like him. Simple as that. Lesser players than Butler get max deals.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets really turned out to be bitches.

Just like the Heat last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A, C, D, and F are your opinions.
Thanks for playing.
lol....you think they can keep Harris and Butler? You think Butler is more important than Embiid or Simmons?

i mean, i just dont know what to say to that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....you think they can keep Harris and Butler? You think Butler is more important than Embiid or Simmons?

Yes. They can keep Butler and Harris. If they want to.

If they were sign Butler and Harris for about 30M per year, let their other FAs walk, they would be right at the cap. If they wanted to, they could resign Redick as well. That would put them over the cap but it would be their 1st year over the cap. But they wouldn't be in the luxury tax space.

Now that doesn't mean they will. They may not want to put that money into Butler especially if he is looking for max years.

That's why I said that Butler's view in Philly is predicated on how the Sixers do in the playoffs. If they lose to the Raptors, I suspect that Butler walks.

I think the Sixers will give Harris max money no matter what.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sixers will turn out to be bitches and bow out in the 2nd round.

Just like last year
giphy.gif

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't know what to say because you are looking through your own lens and not that of another.

Importance has nothing to do with it. Ranking them against your own bias helps how???
If there aren't better options, then they will try re-sign him.

This series will most likely determine how their off-season goes.
And that's not even an educated guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what to say because you are looking through your own lens and not that of another.

Importance has nothing to do with it. Ranking them against your own bias helps how???
If there aren't better options, then they will try re-sign him.

This series will most likely determine how their off-season goes.
And that's not even an educated guess.
there is NO WAY IN FUCK that Butler, Harris, Embiid, Simmons will all be on the team next year. PERIOD. Thats what I was saying. If you think otherwise I just dont know what to say. Its a simple matter of arithmetic. Basic addition and subtraction.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is NO WAY IN FUCK that Butler, Harris, Embiid, Simmons will all be on the team next year. PERIOD. Thats what I was saying. If you think otherwise I just dont know what to say. Its a simple matter of arithmetic. Basic addition and subtraction.

The 76ers upcoming offseason will have historic luxury tax obligations

It's not impossible.
It may be unlikely due to the tax implications, but it is not impossible.
Really all depends on the length of the Butler contract.
A 3 year max deal would not be terrible, apparently.