• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized Spo isn't getting near the credit he deserves for how the Heat finished the season, especially without Bosh. At least not nationally... I'm sure in Miami they realize it.

I always thought he deserved more credit for what they did when LeBron was there. He is showing how good of a coach he is this season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized Spo isn't getting near the credit he deserves for how the Heat finished the season, especially without Bosh. At least not nationally... I'm sure in Miami they realize it.

I always thought he deserved more credit for what they did when LeBron was there. He is showing how good of a coach he is this season.

Clifford gave Heat coach Erik Spoelstra a lot of credit for his game plan and for how the Heat tore apart the NBA's ninth-best regular season defense.

"He has done -- and I said this before -- an amazing job of taking advantage of their personnel and getting them to play to their strengths while making up for the fact that they don't have a lot of range shooting," Clifford said before the Hornets practiced at the University of Miami. "So they play guys down along the baseline, which is pretty conventional in our league. But they do it with perimeter guys, post guys, which is not done a lot. They do it randomly. So it's not always at the start of a possession where you can be organized whereas it becomes a read. It totally changes your pick and roll coverages. They're unique in that way. There's not another team in the NBA that does it. They've done it on the fly here. It makes things different. To me a lot of guys have done great jobs with their teams. But I said this before he has on the fly without [Chris] Bosh brought in Joe Johnson and they play to the strengths of their best players as well as any team in our league. They've done an unbelievable job."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hassan Whiteside problem and solution for the Charlotte Hornets

I'm waiting for the Tristan problem and solution article for the Pistons to come out.:lol:
LOL....from the article you JUST posted...do you even read this stuff? hahahahahaah

There has been plenty of debate over whether or not Whiteside truly impacts the game in a positive way for the Heat or if he's just putting up hollow stats while the team plays better basketball with him on the bench

:lol::lol::lol:

There were several times in Game 1 that Charlotte made Whiteside defend a pick-and-roll on the perimeter and ended up with a great 3-point look. Whether they made them or missed them, these were the looks they needed to manufacture more often.
Whiteside can't defend the pick-and-roll well. The same goes for Amar'e Stoudemire. You see in the video above that Whiteside is dropped way back into the paint. Any decent screen by the Charlotte bigs on the play will result in a quality 3-point look coming off that pick. Whiteside is too slow to be able to react to taking away the shot and then recover to the paint where he's supposed to protect the rim.

Earlier in the season, the Utah Jazz put him into a lot of pick-and-roll situations, and they had great success against him in doing so. Their plan was to make him less effective by forcing him away from the hoop and it worked. The Hornets can do the same thing. If he does cheat out to prevent the 3-point look, Walker or Batum or Lee or Jeremy Lin can then blow by him and force the defense to collapse or stay out on shooters. This results in either a layup or a great look on the pass out to the perimeter.

It will cause the defense to crumble with Whiteside in the game.

EXACTLY what i have been saying forever!!! put Whiteside in a 1-5 pick and roll and let him be useless on the outside and too slow to get back in the middle.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....from the article you JUST posted...do you even read this stuff? hahahahahaah

There has been plenty of debate over whether or not Whiteside truly impacts the game in a positive way for the Heat or if he's just putting up hollow stats while the team plays better basketball with him on the bench

Just typical garbage from a national website who doesn't watch the Heat. No surprise there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were several times in Game 1 that Charlotte made Whiteside defend a pick-and-roll on the perimeter and ended up with a great 3-point look. Whether they made them or missed them, these were the looks they needed to manufacture more often.
Whiteside can't defend the pick-and-roll well. The same goes for Amar'e Stoudemire. You see in the video above that Whiteside is dropped way back into the paint. Any decent screen by the Charlotte bigs on the play will result in a quality 3-point look coming off that pick. Whiteside is too slow to be able to react to taking away the shot and then recover to the paint where he's supposed to protect the rim.

Earlier in the season, the Utah Jazz put him into a lot of pick-and-roll situations, and they had great success against him in doing so. Their plan was to make him less effective by forcing him away from the hoop and it worked. The Hornets can do the same thing. If he does cheat out to prevent the 3-point look, Walker or Batum or Lee or Jeremy Lin can then blow by him and force the defense to collapse or stay out on shooters. This results in either a layup or a great look on the pass out to the perimeter.

EXACTLY what i have been saying forever!!! put Whiteside in a 1-5 pick and roll and let him be useless on the outside and too slow to get back in the middle.

If things play out correctly, the debated will be settled in the ECF.

It will no longer be a hypothetical debate.

Can't wait.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article reminds me of ESPN commentators saying the Heat likes to play at a slow place lol when they've been playing at a really high pace since February

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just typical garbage from a national website who doesn't watch the Heat. No surprise there.
as usual- you know better....they should really hire you...Doris Burke would have NOTHINg on your vast experience and knowledge and lifetime dedication to the game. Of COURSE you are way smarter than all these professionals that get paid! YOU ARE IMPORTANT AND KNOW WAY BETTER THAN THEY DO! DONT EVER FORGET THAT! LOL

:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things play out correctly, the debated will be settled in the ECF.

It will no longer be a hypothetical debate.

Can't wait.
it will be glorious. At least for us Cavs fans. I cant believe i have to semi-root for Miami for 2 series...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He actually is much improved at perimeter D.
I watch Heat games.
Wasn't he just fairly voted 3rd for DPOY?

Yet, you're on Drummonds dick, who couldn't guard the perimeter at all vs Cavs in game 1 (Ive read-I didnt see the game).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual- you know better....they should really hire you...Doris Burke would have NOTHINg on your vast experience and knowledge and lifetime dedication to the game. Of COURSE you are way smarter than all these professionals that get paid! YOU ARE IMPORTANT AND KNOW WAY BETTER THAN THEY DO! DONT EVER FORGET THAT! LOL

:L

Yes I'm pretty sure I watch more Heat games than every national writer. They're national reporters/writers for a reason. They don't pay attention to one team. Most die hard fans know more about their team than guys who work for espn, tnt, cbs, and etc.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I'm pretty sure I watch more Heat games than every national writer. They're national reporters/writers for a reason. They don't pay attention to one team. Most die hard fans know more about their team than guys who work for espn, tnt, cbs, and etc.

Pretty amazing (not) that he ignored the other 95% of the article or why it was written at all.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggywam will always use the experts card when the narrative doesn't fit into his view. The minute someone bashes the Cavs or shines on the Heat, he says they don't know shit. Dude is the ultimate homer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty amazing
Wiggywam will always use the experts card when the narrative doesn't fit into his view. The minute someone bashes the Cavs or shines on the Heat, he says they don't know shit. Dude is the ultimate PIECE OF SHIT

FIFY

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty amazing

FIFY

I can go with this correction. Honestly, I'm glad he's talking all of this shit. He's essentially jinxed Boston and other teams in the process. It's highly unlikely to happen, but god, winning title #4 would be the ultimate slap to the face for Wiggywam.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's why beat writers are considered homers, when they point out intricacies that the general public doesn't see on a regular basis. National writers are spread thin. It's impossible to watch everything.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why beat writers are considered homers, when they point out intricacies that the general public doesn't see on a regular basis. National writers are spread thin. It's impossible to watch everything.

Exactly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UOTE="WiggyRuss, post: 8266810, member: 8255"]it will be glorious. At least for us Cavs fans. I cant believe i have to semi-root for Miami for 2 series...[/QUOTE]

Your glory might have to be hoping to win the EC, cause it's not looking so good as far as winning a title.

If/when that happens.....watch out....:bolt::bolt:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying at all that Whiteside should have been DPOY mainly because he was only 'that good' for half the season, but regardless, Khawi and Draymond are on TV every night to be seen where Whiteside rarely was.