• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat I heard on game 1. Miami averaged 1.42 points per possession in that game. That is good for the most efficient game of any team in the NBA this year. Also good for the most efficient game in the entire 25+ year history of the Miami heat.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying at all that Whiteside should have been DPOY mainly because he was only 'that good' for half the season, but regardless, Khawi and Draymond are on TV every night to be seen where Whiteside rarely was.

Exposure definitely has an impact. But last year the Warriors were just being put on the map as far as TV exposure and Draymond came in runner up in DPOY last year too.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get DPOY off half a season. Whiteside finished 3rd. That's not exactly a slight. Plus Leonard is the best on ball defender in the league. Whiteside is being ridiculous with this "I was slighted" BS. Whatever it takes to motivate you I guess.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get DPOY off half a season. Whiteside finished 3rd. That's not exactly a slight. Plus Leonard is the best on ball defender in the league. Whiteside is being ridiculous with this "I was slighted" BS. Whatever it takes to motivate you I guess.

Yeah, I think Whiteside finished right where he needed to. I have no problem with Kawhi winning DPOY again. He's pretty damn good. Like I said, Whiteside learns to guard in the post better, then he has a leg to stand on next year if he doesn't get it.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized Spo isn't getting near the credit he deserves for how the Heat finished the season, especially without Bosh. At least not nationally... I'm sure in Miami they realize it.

I always thought he deserved more credit for what they did when LeBron was there. He is showing how good of a coach he is this season.
I think after all the media coverage of the LBJ/Blatt relationship & then the firing of Blatt it appears as if Spo really was "coaching" rather than being LBJ's puppet.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....from the article you JUST posted...do you even read this stuff? hahahahahaah

There has been plenty of debate over whether or not Whiteside truly impacts the game in a positive way for the Heat or if he's just putting up hollow stats while the team plays better basketball with him on the bench

:lol::lol::lol:

There were several times in Game 1 that Charlotte made Whiteside defend a pick-and-roll on the perimeter and ended up with a great 3-point look. Whether they made them or missed them, these were the looks they needed to manufacture more often.
Whiteside can't defend the pick-and-roll well. The same goes for Amar'e Stoudemire. You see in the video above that Whiteside is dropped way back into the paint. Any decent screen by the Charlotte bigs on the play will result in a quality 3-point look coming off that pick. Whiteside is too slow to be able to react to taking away the shot and then recover to the paint where he's supposed to protect the rim.

Earlier in the season, the Utah Jazz put him into a lot of pick-and-roll situations, and they had great success against him in doing so. Their plan was to make him less effective by forcing him away from the hoop and it worked. The Hornets can do the same thing. If he does cheat out to prevent the 3-point look, Walker or Batum or Lee or Jeremy Lin can then blow by him and force the defense to collapse or stay out on shooters. This results in either a layup or a great look on the pass out to the perimeter.

It will cause the defense to crumble with Whiteside in the game.

EXACTLY what i have been saying forever!!! put Whiteside in a 1-5 pick and roll and let him be useless on the outside and too slow to get back in the middle.

They must have been on this forum reading your thousand word posts on the subject! :nod:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual- you know better....they should really hire you...Doris Burke would have NOTHINg on your vast experience and knowledge and lifetime dedication to the game. Of COURSE you are way smarter than all these professionals that get paid! YOU ARE IMPORTANT AND KNOW WAY BETTER THAN THEY DO! DONT EVER FORGET THAT! LOL

:L

See this is the extra tom foolery that makes it hard for people to genuinely like you. Really, really hard.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is the extra tom foolery that makes it hard for people to genuinely like you. Really, really hard.
I thought the purpose of these threads was to discuss, debate...not to simply agree.

Just because your opinion is different, doesn't make it invalid.

Ten people could look at the same picture, and each one could see something different.

#IAmNotASheep .

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the purpose of these threads was to discuss, debate...not to simply agree.

Ten people could look at the same picture, and each one could see something different.

#IAmNotASheep .
Exactly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#IAmNotASheep .
Now tell that to Wiggywam.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Cavs!

Shit, wrong thread.:doh:

:bolt: