• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Miami Heat (48-34) vs 6) Charlotte Hornets (48-34)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami certainly played better after the all-star break. Joe Johnson and the move of Deng to a 4 to cover up for the loss of Bosh seems to have made Miami better offensively. But we aren't as good as Cleveland. We got nothing for LeBron. It will likely be Winslow getting a good amount of minutes on LeBron. He is our best defender, and probably would do the best... but a rookie on LeBron with a trip to the finals on the line, I don't think that ends well for Miami.
Cavs offer some matchup issues....this lineup they used to end the 4th with Love at the 5 is intriguing. Taking Drummond out of the middle was huge- obviously i think that strategy could be replicated against other East teams, including the Heat. In that lineup LeBron is at the 4 too- and would obliterate Deng.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs offer some matchup issues....this lineup they used to end the 4th with Love at the 5 is intriguing. Taking Drummond out of the middle was huge- obviously i think that strategy could be replicated against other East teams, including the Heat. In that lineup LeBron is at the 4 too- and would obliterate Deng.

Last time the Cavs played here, they last minute announced Love was starting at C.
It didn't work out very well for him/them.
Small sample size, but the Heat didn't vary on their strategy then, so I doubt they would if it ends up happening again.

And of course James will always get his, but if we do play you I think we would primarily have Deng/Winslow using their energy on D to make James work as hard as possible.
We have others who can score.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time the Cavs played here, they last minute announced Love was starting at C.
It didn't work out very well for him/them.
Small sample size, but the Heat didn't vary on their strategy then, so I doubt they would if it ends up happening again.

And of course James will always get his, but if we do play you I think we would primarily have Deng/Winslow using their energy on D to make James work as hard as possible.
We have others who can score.
make the bet then ya coward!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make the bet then ya coward!

When did I ever say the Heat would win a series vs the Cavs?
We could still lose to Bobcats if they don't continue to play the right way.

You on the other hand have said a healthy Cavs team would win it all, but have yet to accept the bets you said you would a few months ago.

Don't test my memory. You'll lose every time.

So, whose the coward?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy calling someone a coward. Way to start off my morning.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love at Center vs Whiteside. Please do that. It may work on Drummond who is offensively limited. Try that on Whiteside. Please.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to prove, but had James stayed in Miami, I think they would have won the championship last year. They were up 2-1 with no Love and no Kyrie. Wade/Whiteside with LeBron probably close that deal. Who knows though? Either way, as a Heat fan, I am SOOOOO happy this GSW took off so quickly to become the beasts they are. The only way I ever want to see LeBron win a title is in a Miami uniform. I will love to see how he is viewed in Cleveland sports history if he stays there and never delivers a title.
But, does Miami get Whiteside if LBJ doesn't leave?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love at Center vs Whiteside. Please do that. It may work on Drummond who is offensively limited. Try that on Whiteside. Please.
it would be absolutely laughable to watch Whiteside try and guard out to the 3 pt line lemme tell ya.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be absolutely laughable to watch Whiteside try and guard out to the 3 pt line lemme tell ya.

He did just fine against Draymond. Unlike Drummond he isn't lazy. Teams go small against Miami frequently with stretch 4's playing Center.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did just fine against Draymond. Unlike Drummond he isn't lazy. Teams go small against Miami frequently with stretch 4's playing Center.

Shows how much Wiggy actually watches Heat games.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, does Miami get Whiteside if LBJ doesn't leave?
Whiteside for sure. They needed a big man with LeBron. They were a terrible rebounding team. Haslem and Birdman got good minutes there and Birdman declined so fast. They don't would not have had the money or the need for Dragic. Impossible to prove anything, but I do believe LeBron is a 3 time champion if he had stayed in Miami. Pat Riley is a better GM than LeBron as he is learning really fast as he sees Thompson getting an insanely over valued contract.

Side note... You know who the Cavs could really use right now? Andrew Wiggins.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside for sure. They needed a big man with LeBron. They were a terrible rebounding team. Haslem and Birdman got good minutes there and Birdman declined so fast. They don't would not have had the money or the need for Dragic. Impossible to prove anything, but I do believe LeBron is a 3 time champion if he had stayed in Miami. Pat Riley is a better GM than LeBron as he is learning really fast as he sees Thompson getting an insanely over valued contract.

Side note... You know who the Cavs could really use right now? Andrew Wiggins.
Couldn't agree more about Wiggins.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did.
122-101 Heat, and it wasn't that close.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you not see the last Heat/Cavs game?
Love at C picked up 2 quick fouls, and then it went downhill for him from there.
Work, drunk, or power outage?

Funny thing was, Cavs had this great plan all mapped out and hid it from everyone until after intros, meaning they had thoroughly thought it through and felt it was their best chance vs Whiteside.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you prepared for the potential agitators you’ll see in the playoffs?

Whiteside: “I’m not a crazy guy or nothing. I’ve got how many technicals? [He has four.] Maybe one or two, if that, and one was because I got excited and slammed the ball down after I got two blocks back-to-back. It’s not like I’m a guy that’s always angry or I’ve got 15 technicals.”

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whiteside: “I’m not a crazy guy or nothing. I’ve got how many technicals? [He has four.] Maybe one or two, if that, and one was because I got excited and slammed the ball down after I got two blocks back-to-back. It’s not like I’m a guy that’s always angry or I’ve got 15 technicals.”

All crazy people say they're not crazy. :dhd:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other words he is not Draymond Green

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This break is too long. I'm itching for Heat basketball.

Can't wait for tmr night. Hope the fellas are ready for the Hornets to play much better than they did on Sunday.

Would be nice if we don't foul as much

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 PM can't here any sooner.

Great to be back in the playoffs. I don't know how those fans of other teams deal with no playoffs basketball for years