• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3/29/18 Opening Day Giants @ Dodgers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they're already kinda irrelevant. I'd say there are more closers who have good Hall of Fame chances over starting pitchers.

I think Kershaw is the only modern starter that has a shot.

Whereas Kenly Jansen, Craig Kimbrel and Aroldis Chapman are all on track

Come on man, Bumgarner? Scherzer, Verlander, Felix H, etc. These guys needs more good years but it's a little tight to say just Kershaw.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, Bumgarner? Scherzer, Verlander, Felix H, etc. These guys needs more good years but it's a little tight to say just Kershaw.

IDK man, I mean look at Curt Schilling, Mike Mussina. They're probably not getting in, the Hall still seems to favor the 300 win plateau for some reason.

IMO based on the current criteria, no one is getting in except Kershaw (who's basically a lock). I could see Scherzer if he keeps his current pace (from the last 5 seasons) up for another 2-or-3 years, and maybe Verlander if 200 becomes the next 300 for the Hall. But all I'm saying is based on the current trend and the mentality of the geezers voting for the Hall, I don't see it. These same voters are probably losing their minds over the new bullpen management.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK man, I mean look at Curt Schilling, Mike Mussina. They're probably not getting in, the Hall still seems to favor the 300 win plateau for some reason.

IMO based on the current criteria, no one is getting in except Kershaw (who's basically a lock). I could see Scherzer if he keeps his current pace (from the last 5 seasons) up for another 2-or-3 years, and maybe Verlander if 200 becomes the next 300 for the Hall. But all I'm saying is based on the current trend and the mentality of the geezers voting for the Hall, I don't see it. These same voters are probably losing their minds over the new bullpen management.

Sure but it will evolve, the geezers die and get replaced, that's why Bonds and Clemens are inching closer and will get in in the next couple of years. It's not like they are going to just stop putting starters in. The criteria will evolve. HOF votes are so scrutinized now, the system evolves.