• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3/29/18 Opening Day Giants @ Dodgers

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strick is starting to look like a vulva punch candidate

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLdoyers. Nice job by the staff; 1-0 win at doyerlatrine...can it get any better than that?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it was a great game! I wasn't expecting a win today, even with Blach's history against the Dodgers. The season has started better than I expected.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it was a great game! I wasn't expecting a win today, even with Blach's history against the Dodgers. The season has started better than I expected.

Huge start for the moral.

It might not mean anything in the long run, but how many of us were expecting the Giants to lose in (typical) crushing fashion? For them to come out like that on the road versus the best pitcher in the world, pretty cool.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge start for the moral.

It might not mean anything in the long run, but how many of us were expecting the Giants to lose in (typical) crushing fashion? For them to come out like that on the road versus the best pitcher in the world, pretty cool.
I certainly wasn't expecting them to win, or lose in a close one. I like Blach but he was so inconsistent last year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wasn't expecting them to win, or lose in a close one. I like Blach but he was so inconsistent last year.

Blach owns the Dodgers though, especially in their yard. Credit to Noggin. He also managed the pen well.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting, not a single pitcher exceeded 100 pitches yesterday.

I know early in the season, this stuff is more typical with teams still taking it slow with their starters, and activity will eventually ramp up, but I'll be curious to see just how much.

Most all of baseball is adopting this 2-time through the lineup strategy and turn it over to the Pen.

Hell the Rays are going with a 3-man pitching staff and 9 relievers!

I, for one, am very intrigued how this league-wide experiment goes on. I think it's a good idea, but many teams are going to implement good ideas with poor execution.

For instance Aaron Nola threw 68 pitches, and was yanked right when the lineup turned over a third time, yet he had thrown just seven changeups. With three lefties due up, he had some extra tricks in his bag to get through that part of the order.

Something to watch this season.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting, not a single pitcher exceeded 100 pitches yesterday.

I know early in the season, this stuff is more typical with teams still taking it slow with their starters, and activity will eventually ramp up, but I'll be curious to see just how much.

Most all of baseball is adopting this 2-time through the lineup strategy and turn it over to the Pen.

Hell the Rays are going with a 3-man pitching staff and 9 relievers!

I, for one, am very intrigued how this league-wide experiment goes on. I think it's a good idea, but many teams are going to implement good ideas with poor execution.

For instance Aaron Nola threw 68 pitches, and was yanked right when the lineup turned over a third time, yet he had thrown just seven changeups. With three lefties due up, he had some extra tricks in his bag to get through that part of the order.

Something to watch this season.
If this sticks, the Hall of Fame qualifications need to be radically altered in evaluating pitchers. Imagine being a good pitcher who gets limited to 5 innings a start for the majority of your career, or being a reliever who regularly throws 4 quality innings of relief. I know that the measurements for qualification are already a bit arcane, but they are going to be very irrelevant in about 20 years if this shift in pitching sticks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this sticks, the Hall of Fame qualifications need to be radically altered in evaluating pitchers. Imagine being a good pitcher who gets limited to 5 innings a start for the majority of your career, or being a reliever who regularly throws 4 quality innings of relief. I know that the measurements for qualification are already a bit arcane, but they are going to be very irrelevant in about 20 years if this shift in pitching sticks.

I mean they're already kinda irrelevant. I'd say there are more closers who have good Hall of Fame chances over starting pitchers.

I think Kershaw is the only modern starter that has a shot.

Whereas Kenly Jansen, Craig Kimbrel and Aroldis Chapman are all on track