• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3-0 NFL Teams

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are 3-0 against teams with a combined record of 0-9.

Titans are 3-0 against teams with a combined record of 1-8.

Not a detrimental stat by any means. Sort of refreshing for the Steelers to finally "put away" teams they are supposed to beat. But I have a feeling we will learn a lot about both of these teams when they face off this weekend. Neither teams has faced a litmus test sotospeak.

Average margin of victory for the Titans has been 2 points. Steelers AMV is over 7pts.
And the Bears won each game by 4. So does that mean the Bears are better than the Titans because of AMV + opponent combined record both being 1-8?

In all 3 games the defense tightened up at the end. In 2 of the 3 games we were able to put points on the board in a hurry at the end of the game when needed. There's a lot of good pieces of games mixed together with bad. With Foles at the helm now it's quite possible that the Bears get more consistent offensive production throughout the game, which is nice when paired with a defense that can rush the passer and has ballhawks in the secondary. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears live up to their record pretty soon although it's possible that they don't. Colts and Bucs are next on the schedule, which are winnable games but tougher than the previous ones.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Trubisky was a wasted draft pick?

At least there weren't any other QBs in the draft that the Bears could have taken without trading up that turned out to be pretty good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bears won each game by 4. So does that mean the Bears are better than the Titans because of AMV + opponent combined record both being 1-8?

In all 3 games the defense tightened up at the end. In 2 of the 3 games we were able to put points on the board in a hurry at the end of the game when needed. There's a lot of good pieces of games mixed together with bad. With Foles at the helm now it's quite possible that the Bears get more consistent offensive production throughout the game, which is nice when paired with a defense that can rush the passer and has ballhawks in the secondary. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears live up to their record pretty soon although it's possible that they don't. Colts and Bucs are next on the schedule, which are winnable games but tougher than the previous ones.

BDN is fool's gold. He makes Fitzpatrick look like a steady and consistent QB.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BDN is fool's gold. He makes Fitzpatrick look like a steady and consistent QB.
I think you're not quite realizing just how low the bar is for a Chicago QB.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Fair enough.
In all seriousness, Foles know where to go with the ball in this offense. He proved it in Philly and he stepped right in on Sunday and even started ad libbing in the offense, checking out of plays and he literally just told Anthony Miller to run the post route on his final TD which wasn't in the play call. Trubisky, for every play where he extends it and runs and maybe makes a nice pass has at least 5 plays where he's a half second too slow on the right read or misdiagnoses the defense and makes a bad throw or misses his outlet. Nagy can scheme guys open and Foles is better at understanding what the defense is doing and therefore being able to get the ball to the right guy sooner. Not only that but Foles has a pretty nice deep ball which Trubisky constantly was missing on.

I'm not asking Foles to be a superbowl MVP. I'm asking him to make the right reads and deliver the ball on time. It's not a whole lot to ask. The O line has resumed where it was a couple years ago which is an above average line that can open some holes for the run game and give some good pass protection. And people don't know it yet but Montgomery is a stud workhorse who won't break homerun plays but he simply does not go down to one guy and has all the makings of a guy who can demoralize a defense over the course of a game. We have enough talent to be a league average offense which is really all we're looking for right now when paired with what should be an elite defense (though it's struggling to stop the run without Eddie Goldman). League average offense easily gets us into the playoffs where you hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, Foles know where to go with the ball in this offense. He proved it in Philly and he stepped right in on Sunday and even started ad libbing in the offense, checking out of plays and he literally just told Anthony Miller to run the post route on his final TD which wasn't in the play call. Trubisky, for every play where he extends it and runs and maybe makes a nice pass has at least 5 plays where he's a half second too slow on the right read or misdiagnoses the defense and makes a bad throw or misses his outlet. Nagy can scheme guys open and Foles is better at understanding what the defense is doing and therefore being able to get the ball to the right guy sooner. Not only that but Foles has a pretty nice deep ball which Trubisky constantly was missing on.

I'm not asking Foles to be a superbowl MVP. I'm asking him to make the right reads and deliver the ball on time. It's not a whole lot to ask. The O line has resumed where it was a couple years ago which is an above average line that can open some holes for the run game and give some good pass protection. And people don't know it yet but Montgomery is a stud workhorse who won't break homerun plays but he simply does not go down to one guy and has all the makings of a guy who can demoralize a defense over the course of a game. We have enough talent to be a league average offense which is really all we're looking for right now when paired with what should be an elite defense (though it's struggling to stop the run without Eddie Goldman). League average offense easily gets us into the playoffs where you hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

There is a reason why Nick Foles has been on 6 teams in 9 years.

The Bears are 2 late game comebacks away from 1-2 right now. They need to play better overall and wasn't just the QB play.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really nothing to look to deep into with AMV or opponent records... Other than you would assume the worse the combined opponent record, the better the AMV you should have. But with how much changes week to week, and how bipolar the NFL can be in general its really anybody's ball-game outside of maybe 2-3 teams that are looking like tankers.

Colts will be a good test for the Bears. Both have strong defenses & capable offenses. They look almost identical on paper.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why Nick Foles has been on 6 teams in 9 years.

The Bears are 2 late game comebacks away from 1-2 right now. They need to play better overall and wasn't just the QB play.
The reason Foles left the Eagles is because they have so much invested in Wentz. Some fans probably would have preferred Foles to Wentz considering his success there and he got a boat load of money to head to the Jags where he got hurt in the first game of the year (while throwing a beautiful ball for a TD). By the time he came back the team had fallen apart a bit and they decided to go with their rookie who showed some potential.

Don't get me wrong I'm under no illusion that Foles is a beast or anything. He's a system QB, one who knows this particular system well and can run it effectively so long as he has the weapons around him. Barring injury, we've got some good weapons so there's a good chance Foles can lead this offense to a league-average type performance, which would be a sizable upgrade compared to where we're used to being. Anything else on top of that is a bonus.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn my team is 3-0 but I only have a slightly larger than average dick

So you are in the "Trimmer Fit" section?

120465324_10159085451581908_8311056554379428039_o.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are 3-0 and their fans are still not totally annoying. Damn that 2020 has some crazy shit...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your way of patting your green-bay-lovin-ass on the back?
I didn't watch much of it and never saw who won the Sunday night game and because I was crying in my beer I never looked yesterday. Just realized when I saw this thread that it must have ben the Packers...
:high5:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think any amount of time will change it. I think I’m at my peak
You need to get that cream that you rub on it. I'm up two categories in the last week alone. Or maybe it's just swollen from rubbing it so much... :scratch:

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to get that cream that you rub on it. I'm up two categories in the last week alone. Or maybe it's just swollen from rubbing it so much... :scratch:
I’m no doctor buuuuuuuut