• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd String TE

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beside Bennett who is a very good pass catching and blocking TE, what other tight ends on the roster do you want to see make an impact on the field?

I think Steve Maneri will fill in the blocking Tight End roll quite a bit but would love for Fendi Onobun to overcome his struggles and show his athletic abilities on the field. Beside already having a connection with Bennett from High School he brings the speed you want in a #2 TE, especially in Trestmans WC system. I havent heard too much about his blocking abilities but if he works on his route running and catching, him paired up with Bennett in the middle of the field could be scary for opposing Linebackers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. I don't have a answer but I hope to after a few preseason games.

Rocinante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the Bear Report website about Fendi.

"During the first practice of Bears training camp this morning, Onobun was an integral part of the first-team offense, catching numerous passes from Jay Cutler. In fact, he caught nearly as many passes today as Bennett. It appears that Onobun, who has ideal size for an NFL tight end (6-6, 260), has finally flipped the switch in his effort to learn the game of football."

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the Bear Report website about Fendi.

"During the first practice of Bears training camp this morning, Onobun was an integral part of the first-team offense, catching numerous passes from Jay Cutler. In fact, he caught nearly as many passes today as Bennett. It appears that Onobun, who has ideal size for an NFL tight end (6-6, 260), has finally flipped the switch in his effort to learn the game of football."

Thanks for the report man I appreciate it. From what I have read and heard about him before this, he sounded like he could be a real threat but was never given the chance. Hopefully his blocking has improved as well but when you start working with someone you played back in high school with (Bennett) and still are friends now, something is going to turn on that light switch.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"During the first practice of Bears training camp this morning, Onobun was an integral part of the first-team offense,

I read a little blurb saying, in general 2nd & 3rd teamers seem to be getting much more work and involvement in practice so far, than they ever did under Lovie.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a little blurb saying, in general 2nd & 3rd teamers seem to be getting much more work and involvement in practice so far, than they ever did under Lovie.

Blanchard has been getting around 20 snaps per practice which Trestman said that rarely happens in the NFL with 3rd stringers.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanchard has been getting around 20 snaps per practice which Trestman said that rarely happens in the NFL with 3rd stringers.

I see. So... what I read was probably specific to Blanchard, and comparative to the NFL on the whole as opposed to just Lovie.

At any rate -back to the OP.
Kyle Adams has stuck around through all the changes.
That must indicate something about the guy.
What, I don't know, but after Bennett I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Adams come into his own if for no other reason than getting his due.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fendi Onubun stamped his ticket out of town on Friday night.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did he d friday night miss a couple blocking assignments if thats what he did we wouldnt have any returning offense lineman from the past 2-3 years

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all the unknown taking over a new team . Probably wants too see exactly what he has to work with.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fendi Onubun stamped his ticket out of town on Friday night.

:agree:Like the announcers said there's a reason he's been let go so many times. The TD drop probably sealed his fate. Hell we could've kept Davis if we wanted to see drops. Atleast he could throw a block once in a while.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Adams.

Bennett is a stud, and the No. 2 doesn't need to be.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add to the above. Hope we get to see the TEs involved in game 2. Bennet & Pope specifically.