• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd seed

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thought having the 2nd seed last season was a huge part of our run and I think it will be a huge part of our run this season.

In these past two seasons I thought the team has shown some fatigue and wear and tear the last couple of games and having that extra week to rest will be key to throwing out fresh legs and bodies.

Also believe the coaching staff does an excellent job with extra time to prepare and fortunately we already have homework on the teams we'll likely see in Green Bay and maybe Seattle.

But buying Smith an extra week and getting Gore a week off along with the other guys that have knicks like Aldon will play a big factor if we do run the table.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great we have the second seed. If things fall the right way, we might host the NFC Championship game, too. We do need Jean-Francois to do his best Justin Smith impression. I'm not expecting much from Smith. There's just not enough time to heal a torn tricep.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very psyched about the #2 seed. Gives us a chance to heal and our best realistic shot. If we don't succeed, at least I don't have to wonder about "what if." GO NINERS!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD definitely needed this extra week to fix his brain pain.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 2nd seed because they only team we'd have to play on the road is Atlanta and I don't think Atlanta matches up well against the 49ers.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like the 2nd seed because they only team we'd have to play on the road is Atlanta and I don't think Atlanta matches up well against the 49ers.

The only place I wouldn't have wanted to have gone is to Seattle as it's one of the biggest home field advantages in sports.

I have 0 confidence in any homefield advantage at the Stick as it seems we play no better at home then on the road so the main advantage of the 2nd seed is that extra week of rest and not the homefield "advantage"

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only place I wouldn't have wanted to have gone is to Seattle as it's one of the biggest home field advantages in sports.

I have 0 confidence in any homefield advantage at the Stick as it seems we play no better at home then on the road so the main advantage of the 2nd seed is that extra week of rest and not the homefield "advantage"

How can I put this....

While I don't think we have a big home field advantage...I think we have possible road deficits...I'd rather be at home.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I put this....

While I don't think we have a big home field advantage...I think we have possible road deficits...I'd rather be at home.

I'd agree with that... even though the 49ers don't have the crowd noise to disrupt the other team's offense, I think they still benefit by being able to communicate with ease when they are on offense. That is huge for a young QB making his first playoff start.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with that... even though the 49ers don't have the crowd noise to disrupt the other team's offense, I think they still benefit by being able to communicate with ease when they are on offense. That is huge for a young QB making his first playoff start.

Aye. +1

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I can't imagine that at this point any team is worried about playing the 49ers. They are so ragged.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure about that, but a little rest will really help us.

The offense seems out of synch with all the injuries and the pass rush is not there without Justin Smith. Last time I was impressed with the 49ers was the Bears game and that was a long time ago against a QB who has no business being in the league.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense seems out of synch with all the injuries and the pass rush is not there without Justin Smith. Last time I was impressed with the 49ers was the Bears game and that was a long time ago against a QB who has no business being in the league.

You weren't impressed with NE before the big comeback?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd seed means rest and composure for our guys.... i hope York can send in some voodoo or witch doctors or gypsys to heal Justin....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to thank the Seahawks and the Replacement Refs for letting this happen. I'd also like to say F'you to the Seahawks for making us have to go through this by beating us last week.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we may not look as solid or hot as last yr I still feel we are ready to beat anyone. I feel the bye is huge for our team as We have looked tired and banged up. I feel the coaches will get these guys ready and the players will be rested up and motivated like no other.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to thank the Seahawks and the Replacement Refs for letting this happen. I'd also like to say F'you to the Seahawks for making us have to go through this by beating us last week.

Ha Ha :thumb:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the second seed so important? In my opinion, the four teams that are peaking in the NFC right now are the Vikings, Seahawks, Redskins and Packers. Two of those teams will be eliminated in the WC round.

I don't know that we're healthy enough to make a legitimate run at the SB, but I seriously doubt we'd have gone through Minnesota, then Green Bay on the road, then whoever knocks off Atlanta (I really think they're one and done again; they're the only team in the playoffs that I think is in a worse situation than the 9ers as a three seed).

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Justin Smith giving us one good performance before being incapacitated won't help. If he's out, we really need the backups to step up their games against playoff caliber teams.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the second seed so important? In my opinion, the four teams that are peaking in the NFC right now are the Vikings, Seahawks, Redskins and Packers. Two of those teams will be eliminated in the WC round.

I don't know that we're healthy enough to make a legitimate run at the SB, but I seriously doubt we'd have gone through Minnesota, then Green Bay on the road, then whoever knocks off Atlanta (I really think they're one and done again; they're the only team in the playoffs that I think is in a worse situation than the 9ers as a three seed).

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Justin Smith giving us one good performance before being incapacitated won't help. If he's out, we really need the backups to step up their games against playoff caliber teams.

It would have been Chicago at the Stick then at Green Bay if the Vikings didn't win today. Anyway, in 2 weeks CK will beat the Green Bay Official Helps too, shit, he better... cause even Alex could beat the Green Bay Replacements with this team.