• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Toronto Raptors vs Philadelphia Sixers

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A football team that hasn't won in a decade.
A hockey team with a gaping pussy.
We have their best baseball player in the last two decades.
No basketball team... and this guy brings them up in a basketball thread.
:dhd:
The Flyers are garbage, the Steelers current QB has the same Super Bowl win/appearance record as the Eagles do in franchise history, I have no idea what you're talking about in baseball but the Pirates have given the Phillies 40 years to catch up to them in World Series wins and they're still three back.

And while Pittsburgh may not have a basketball team given the championship pedigree of the other three franchises I would assume if they were to ever receive one their process would involve using first overall picks to select players who can actually shoot the ball from further than 10 feet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

You may want to read that back to yourself.
This is an extremely bad take.
30 shots to get 23 points would make sense.

It's the kind of take that results in someone living on Mars with only 1 nut.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are garbage, the Steelers current QB has the same Super Bowl win/appearance record as the Eagles do in franchise history, I have no idea what you're talking about in baseball but the Pirates have given the Phillies 40 years to catch up to them in World Series wins and they're still three back.

And while Pittsburgh may not have a basketball team given the championship pedigree of the other three franchises I would assume if they were to ever receive one their process would involve using first overall picks to select players who can actually shoot the ball from further than 10 feet.

Sorry I'm going to have to declare a conflict of interest in this one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22 shots to get 30 points is pretty bad.

from what I saw of the game Butler at least tried on defense tonight though- much more important than his inefficient scoring.
I think what you meant to say was, "silly of me to make such a big deal over Game 1. Maybe I should let the series play out before passing judgement."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he didn't shoot exceptionally but average for a SG when the rest of his team isn't stepping up

He didn't shoot particularly well from the field. Being 8 for 8 on the line, however, changes his impact dramatically. If you convert his 8-8 to shots from the field he would have shot 50% from the field. Which is why people look at points per shot attempt as a metric in the first place, along with the value of 3 pointers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't shoot particularly well from the field. Being 8 for 8 on the line, however, changes his impact dramatically. If you convert his 8-8 to shots from the field he would have shot 50% from the field. Which is why people look at points per shot attempt as a metric in the first place, along with the value of 3 pointers.
right...overall shooting % not great, but those FTs and 40% from 3 matter quite a bit.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still have trouble accepting that 40% from 3 is the same as 60% from 2.
Another reason why they should eliminate corner 3s

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. To me, it looked more like the Raptors just missing shots than the Sixers playing great defense.

The Sixers defense wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was "hold the Raptors to only 89 points" good.

Did you watch the 3rd quarter? Sixers missed their first 7 three's, all of which were wide open. Both teams missed open shots. Sixers in the 3rd, raptors in the 4th near the end.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the 3rd quarter? Sixers missed their first 7 three's, all of which were wide open. Both teams missed open shots. Sixers in the 3rd, raptors in the 4th near the end.
Teams really think D accounts for much more than it does. I know our local announcer pretty much thinks D has to do with any 3. Make it, bad D. Miss, it was good D (or shooter settled).

sometimes guys just miss or make shots.