• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd round pick must be WR

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like it to be a LB unless it's a high value player at another position we need, OL, CB or WR.
Which ever is greater.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skov or Borland should be available in the 3rd.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems amazing how quickly so many people forget what it was like to have non-durable running backs in our stable. Helu is not an every down back. This has been proven over and over again.

You don't find running backs like Alfred Morris every year. He is a franchise running back. Never has gotten hurt and is as hard working as they come. With a good line, he can take over a game. You don't give this up for a starting cornerback. He just has to work this hard on his hands this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. franchise RB? what planet are you on? Franchise RB's don't come out the game on 3rd downs. Franchise RB's usually break off huge TD runs. Franchise RB's are great pass blockers. Morris has no speed, fumbling problems, and questionable hands. His best asset is his tackle breaking and patience in the hole. If Gruden gets rid of the zone blocking running game then Morris' value plummets.

Helu is not an every down back but RB by committees do work in todays NFL. Morris could be easily replaced for a 1st round pick. This shouldn't even be an argument.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I select ....None of the above, Beckham Matthews and Cooks are all too small. What this team lacks is a big target, a guy who can be counted on to go up and get passes that only he can get. So I'm looking for 6' 3" or better. BTW; the team did just sign David Gettis who has the speed and stature to fill this void. He is coming off injury, however in the one season that he did play he finished with decent numbers as a starter and was..........(now this is important).............a potent kick returner.

PIT is in need of a WR with size as well...fwiw Matthews from Vandy is roughly 6'3".

@ 34 I'm mocking OG, Richardson from Baylor to WAS.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. franchise RB? what planet are you on? Franchise RB's don't come out the game on 3rd downs. Franchise RB's usually break off huge TD runs. Franchise RB's are great pass blockers. Morris has no speed, fumbling problems, and questionable hands. His best asset is his tackle breaking and patience in the hole. If Gruden gets rid of the zone blocking running game then Morris' value plummets.

Helu is not an every down back but RB by committees do work in todays NFL. Morris could be easily replaced for a 1st round pick. This shouldn't even be an argument.

You obviously know very little son.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't trade Morris for a top 16 overall pick tcbidness?? You are crazy

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was Riggins a franchise back? He came out for Joe Washington. Or you can run a two back offense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im talking about today nfl sportster. Morris is not a franchise back especially with shanny gone. cmon guys. you are really giving me an argument about this. you don't trade him for a first round pick? We are getting way off topic here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't advocate trading Alf. I think he should be the main focus of the offense while Griffin learns to play QB in the NFL. I do think besides him they might want someone other than Helu. Another thing they could do is use both Davis and Reid at TE and have one of those guys act as a check down. Remember, design your offense around your personnel.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, Im not advocating trading Morris, per se. First,he is a beast and a top 8 RB that will give us 12-1400 yds/yr. Second, I'm not convinced that he can't be a factor out of the backfield. We just never used him in that role. Third, we would have to replace him. Helu is not an every down back but is adequate as a change of pace. He does need to improve his pass blocking. But if we were offered a mid round or higher 1st (which I don't see happening), I would have to consider it only because there are good RBs out there and much of their success is system dependent. If the OL and passing games are good, an average RB can suffice. Now, Al is better than avg and can succeed in most any scheme. We also don't have a good OL. But AL does need to become a dual threat. I think we need to give him a chance to prove he can.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know which is more foolish . blanketly saying we are taking a wr in the draft before we have signed one player or know what is exactly available to us or saying that AM isnt a frnachise back ?

i will say it again , you dont know who will be available at the 34th pick . you take the BPA and you dont lock yourself into a position . that is how mistakes get made

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question for you all. Gruden used Bernard for 55 catches on the Bengals. A RB with pass catching skills will be a must in Washington. First of all having a RB run who can run underneath routes well will give Griffin an outlet while he is still learning. Gruden mentioned on the day he was announced that Alf would have to work on his hands. My question, where do we get that guy? Is it Helu, someone else, the draft, FA? I think that is going to be a very important position for the Redskins this year.
Morris - bull, work horse
Helu - speed, hands
jamison- ray rice dipped in shit
gruden can work with those 3

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Robinson will drop to us in the 2nd rd after he runs a slow 40 time. Yes im a PSU homer and would love to see A-Rob on the team but after watching him play for 2 full seasons I can see him being like Calvin Johnson (not completely) where you can throw it up and he will out jump anyone for the ball.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen Robinson will drop to us in the 2nd rd after he runs a slow 40 time. Yes im a PSU homer and would love to see A-Rob on the team but after watching him play for 2 full seasons I can see him being like Calvin Johnson (not completely) where you can throw it up and he will out jump anyone for the ball.

i like his size and his hands and he could be the BPA at 34 :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a question for you all. Gruden used Bernard for 55 catches on the Bengals. A RB with pass catching skills will be a must in Washington. First of all having a RB run who can run underneath routes well will give Griffin an outlet while he is still learning. Gruden mentioned on the day he was announced that Alf would have to work on his hands. My question, where do we get that guy? Is it Helu, someone else, the draft, FA? I think that is going to be a very important position for the Redskins this year.

This was commented on as the season was on-going. If you missed the posts here's a summary. My position was and is that Helu is not the answer in fact he should be cut or traded. Morris being the incomplete player that he is must be compelled to become better and that only happens when there is a true threat at his position. The team MUST acquire a RB who can actually compete for the starting position. In fact this is true for every position on the team. Sure there will be a few fill-in players, but honestly aren't you guys tried of having a few good players and players playing outside of what best suits them??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Shanny leaving it hurts Morris' value. I can't believe you guys think he is a untradeable franchise back like a Forte, McCoy, or Peterson. Allen Robinson would be nice but isn't he the same thing as Hankerson. We need someone who can blow the top off defenses and I think that guy is Cooks. We would finally have a legitimate deep threat. He is more in the D. Jackson mold from Philly. I believe we need to add speed in the WR core.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Shanny leaving it hurts Morris' value. I can't believe you guys think he is a untradeable franchise back like a Forte, McCoy, or Peterson. Allen Robinson would be nice but isn't he the same thing as Hankerson. We need someone who can blow the top off defenses and I think that guy is Cooks. We would finally have a legitimate deep threat. He is more in the D. Jackson mold from Philly. I believe we need to add speed in the WR core.

I think it unwise to trade Morris. Who knows if he can or cannot improve his pass catching skills. I honestly don't believe that the former coaching staff was interested in working on perceived weaknesses that players had...or had in their system. Get another guy to compete for that starting position and we all win.

In as much as your (and my own) position to acquire a true and legitimate threat at WR, be careful here. There are those who will oppose this position to the end of time because they believe P. Garcon to be that guy. They have told me on any number of occasions that the team should go after a #2 type guy.

My objections to Cooks is that he doesn't have the stature I would like in that guy. I want a guy who can go up and get the ball, especially in the end zone because he has the height to do so. They did recently sign Gettis who owns all of those assets.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team has a guy named Aldrick then can stretch the field. Problem is that is his main route and he didn't develop so well in the intermediate game.

I think Gruden is going to spread the field more. I expect more passing and less running. Still I don't want to get rid of Alf, he is a dynamic back. The team has Garcon, Davis, Reed, Helu. I think WR may be a position that needs to be addressed. If Gruden does want to spread the field more one of two things needs to happen. The line has to get better or the ball has to come out quickly. We will just have to wait and see what the new coach wants to do.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, I would not be for drafting a WR in the 2nd round, especially with us not having a 1st round pick. However, the WR in FA that's worth anything will command a lot of money. i.e. Eric Decker and Hakeem Nicks. Not to mention, we already have a lot of money tied into Garcon. Plus, I believe we need to put our money into defense, perhaps a safety (T.J. Ward or Jairus Byrd). This the draft to get a WR because it is loaded with talent. We all talk about who will or who won't be available by the time we pick. Well, we don't know that.

Honestly, I didn't think Keenan Allen would slip to the 3rd round, when he was clearly the best ranked WR. Of course, he has shown that on the field. With that being said, someone is going to slide, folks. All of those WRs are not going into the first round. I believe Mike Evans and Allen Robinson will slide. I also believe Jordan Matthews should be available as well. One name that also intrigues me is Martavis Bryant. I believe he'll be available, too. I like his size, speed, and contested catching ability. We'll see.