• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, "Klatch" runs the show, so...

If you think it's bad that LAbron's a Laker just wait until Klatch becomes a corporate sponsor for the team and this is plastered all over Staples for games.

downloadfgf.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, they have cap holds so they could still build a roster. Right now the 2020-2021 Salary Cap looks to be $125M but we don't know for sure. But the Lakers also have that Dead Cap of $5 from Deng so even if the Salary Cap is at $125M it would be really tight with a max contract of Giannis and not likely at all.

Lebron is the only guy on the books right now for a player option. $41M
AD would be getting I think 5 years $200M - so $40M/year
As far as what the Lakers could offer Giannis...I'm not sure. Probably around $40M a year or little less. Not sure what the Lakers could offer him at this point.

At this point, it's not very realistic at all especially with the Salary Cap dropping. Staying with the Bucks, going to the Heat or Mavs makes more sense.

Great player, but not really what the Lakers need. They badly need better guard play on both ends. Giannis is a lot of duplication with AD and another ball-dominant player.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, but not really what the Lakers need. They badly need better guard play on both ends. Giannis is a lot of duplication with AD and another ball-dominant player.

Giannis has less chance of playing for the Lakers than I do (in the next few years anyway).

You saw the Vegas odds on where he's going, it will be one of those places: Dallas, Miami, Philly, New York, etc.

And there's a non-zero chance he stays.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis has less chance of playing for the Lakers than I do (in the next few years anyway).

You saw the Vegas odds on where he's going, it will be one of those places: Dallas, Miami, Philly, New York, etc.

if i were a betting man i'd say the Heat have the inside track, but we'll see...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were a betting man i'd say the Heat have the inside track, but we'll see...
So we would then call Giannis a bitch like we did KD, for going to the team that whupped him?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the Bucks going out while he was injured I think there is a good chance that he stays. They were the favorites before COVID and never got back in rhythem and then Giannis was out. I think they hit the ground running next season and they will lead the East again making it unlikely he's traded before the trade deadline. Then it all depends on how they do in the playoffs. Sure, Miami go them this year, but they may not even meet up next year. If the Bucks make the Finals he stays, maybe even if they make the ECF.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thought but I got a lot of pushback on it...mostly from Heat fans LOL

No, from me

KD joined a record breaking 73 win team coming off 2 straight Finals trips and a championship the year prior.

The Heat are not that.

People criticized him because he took the “easy way out” and joined a made team.

Again, the Heat are not that.

I am sure a few will criticize him no matter what he does. But it is a bad comparison to say Giannis joining the Heat would be the same as KD joining the Warriors.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Bucks going out while he was injured I think there is a good chance that he stays. They were the favorites before COVID and never got back in rhythem and then Giannis was out. I think they hit the ground running next season and they will lead the East again making it unlikely he's traded before the trade deadline. Then it all depends on how they do in the playoffs. Sure, Miami go them this year, but they may not even meet up next year. If the Bucks make the Finals he stays, maybe even if they make the ECF.
The Bucks need to build around Giannis as there are too few clutch players on that team.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, from me

KD joined a record breaking 73 win team coming off 2 straight Finals trips and a championship the year prior.

The Heat are not that.

People criticized him because he took the “easy way out” and joined a made team.

Again, the Heat are not that.

I am sure a few will criticize him no matter what he does. But it is a bad comparison to say Giannis joining the Heat would be the same as KD joining the Warriors.
I generally agree. But if the Heat go on to win the title this year and Giannis joins them it is not exactly the same thing, but boy is it similar.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks need to build around Giannis as there are too few clutch players on that team.
That is what they have been doing and will continue to do. It's easy to say they aren't clutch when Giannis isn't on the floor, but when he is there it opens them all up as the defense has to focus on Giannis and those shots and drives become much easier for the supporting cast.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally agree. But if the Heat go on to win the title this year and Giannis joins them it is not exactly the same thing, but boy is it similar.

They are still a long way from that.