• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round:Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really hard to adjust when you have been practicing all week to defend certain actions in certain ways.

Then the entire offense changes.
Noticed I said my comment wrong. Meant to say even if you design your plan around an elite player you have a better chance to win if he does not play (I said if he does not win).

I get you might have to adjust some, but would guess most teams would be happy to make that kind of adjustment if it meant an MVP caliber player couldn't go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was.

But incidental contact with a jump shooter is bad defense.

Don’t put yourself in a position where the ref can bail him out.
incidental contact could mean the shooter caused it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bucks when for a lot of Giannis plays to a 3 guard lineup and more ball movement. Not something easy to adjust to on the fly
Easy? Not sure...but guessing when it happened Miami was happy to give that a try. Just the Bucks would be if Butler went down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what they found (if maybe more severe than sprained ankle). as he looked like he was walking OK when he left the game. a little slow, but barely a limp.

There are degrees of sprains.

A third degree sprain can keep a player out for weeks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incidental contact could mean the shooter caused it.

Yeah, that isn’t what happened though.

Giannis has his hand on Butler’s side. He should not have had his hand there. Just begs for a whistle.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed I said my comment wrong. Meant to say even if you design your plan around an elite player you have a better chance to win if he does not play (I said if he does not win).

I get you might have to adjust some, but would guess most teams would be happy to make that kind of adjustment if it meant an MVP caliber player couldn't go.

Never said otherwise.

I am sure Miami would rather play them without Giannis.

Still, my point remains. It is a very difficult mental challenge when a star goes out mid game like that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giannis has his hand on Butler’s side. He should not have had his hand there. Just begs for a whistle.

You seem to change your opinion from the night of game 2

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are degrees of sprains.

A third degree sprain can keep a player out for weeks.
Right...but seems that usually a bad sprain you are not walking off so quickly and no limp. Isn't to say Giannis was dogging it at all, would also take exception to those who rip him if he has to sit out. Unless you are him or his docs, who knows how badly he is hurt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If so, there would be a whistle being begged for on nearly every play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said otherwise.

I am sure Miami would rather play them without Giannis.

Still, my point remains. It is a very difficult mental challenge when a star goes out mid game like that.
You serious? Serious mental challenge for the opponent of the elite player? Not a challenge that should maybe be made up for by the one the team who lost the player might face?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to change your opinion from the night of game 2

Not at all.

Neither should have been called.

Both were technically fouls. Very weak fouls.

Pretty much exactly what I said then.

All Giannis has to do is keep his hand off Butler and they go to OT. We might be 2-2 right now.

Reactions: GNG

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You serious? Serious mental challenge for the opponent of the elite player? Not a challenge that should maybe be made up for by the one the team who lost the player might face?

Yes, I am dead serious.

Game plan is out the window. Human nature to relax a bit. That is a very difficult mental challenge.

Pretty simple really.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am dead serious.

Game plan is out the window. Human nature to relax a bit. That is a very difficult mental challenge.

Pretty simple really.
Yet in my original comment I said Miami might have relaxed. so there is that. That has nothing to do with gameplan though.

But to think it's not better for the team losing the star than the one adjusting to the team losing the star is beyond absurd. Though I'm sure an argument you'll go to the mat for.

To avoid getting banned I'll let you have the last word on that pearl of wisdom.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet in my original comment I said Miami might have relaxed. so there is that. That has nothing to do with gameplan though.

But to think it's not better for the team losing the star than the one adjusting to the team losing the star is beyond absurd. Though I'm sure an argument you'll go to the mat for.

To avoid getting banned I'll let you have the last word on that pearl of wisdom.

OMG.

You are dense.

Never said it was “better to not have the star”.

All I said was that it is a difficult mental challenge for the team playing against the departed star.

And you continue to try and argue that point for literally no reason.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...but seems that usually a bad sprain you are not walking off so quickly and no limp. Isn't to say Giannis was dogging it at all, would also take exception to those who rip him if he has to sit out. Unless you are him or his docs, who knows how badly he is hurt.

Ginannis is packing it in...I once rolled the shit out of my ankle (not even sprained) playing basketball. I couldn't just walk off no limp either...He is just a pussy in the fact that his ego is hurt that he is getting moon stomped by the heat and isn't as good as everyone hyped him up to be imho

i can't recall any MVP players on a #1 seed getting basically swept in the 2nd round

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't recall any MVP players on a #1 seed getting basically swept in the 2nd round

Not basketball, but it happened in the NHL playoffs last year. Nikita Kucherov was the league MVP for a Tampa Bay team that tied the NHL record for most wins in a season. And they got swept in the first round.

So it can happen.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not basketball, but it happened in the NHL playoffs last year. Nikita Kucherov was the league MVP for a Tampa Bay team that tied the NHL record for most wins in a season. And they got swept in the first round.

So it can happen.

FAR more likely in hockey. No way a #1 seed like TB was would get swept in the first round in the NBA

Hockey seems to be the most random of major sports.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAR more likely in hockey. No way a #1 seed like TB was would get swept in the first round in the NBA

Hockey seems to be the most random of major sports.

I agree. Just was giving an example. Although I wonder why in the NBA when a team has a 1 seed locked up for a while before the playoffs, they don’t have an issue ramping back up for the playoffs. Because Tampa had that issue last year.