• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.... now you're stealing my argument.

My
point was that he's only 4 games in and that we don't know what type of playoff coach he is.

Your point was that he "is not a good playoff coach"

speak for your self.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordontrue, could you be kind enough to tell us all why you think the Warriors will win 4 out of 7 games against the Memphis Grizzles. Use specific strategy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speak for your self.

I was quoting you. You'll find people will do that from time to time on here.

Word to the wise. A less abrasive first 20 posts might increase the likelihood of you lasting here. But hey... to each his own.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hamboms, since you think you're so smart why don't you tell us stategy on how you think the Warriors will win 4 out of 7 games vs the Memphis Grizzles? How bout you try that instead of just saying "because I'm a fan so they have to win".

I would do the curry dray pick and pop and make zbo chase Steph off the screen. 3pt and transition were Memphis weakness this year. That was the warriors strengths on offense this year. Also pick and rolls with dlee if healthy is another strategy, bogut as your top of the key passer off cuts to the basket is another one. Defensively I would put bogut on zbo, green and Ezeli on Gasol. Also don't over help to much on defense, cover all 3pt shooters

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do the curry dray pick and pop and make zbo chase Steph off the screen. 3pt and transition were Memphis weakness this year. That was the warriors strengths on offense this year. Also pick and rolls with dlee if healthy is another strategy, bogut as your top of the key passer off cuts to the basket is another one. Defensively I would put bogut on zbo, green and Ezeli on Gasol. Also don't over help to much on defense, cover all 3pt shooters

WRONG. That's not going to work. They are not going to switch, they're going to go under everything and keep everything outside and just control pace to win.

Didn't you hear Joeger coaching last night he said the best thing in these playoffs.

If they make'm they make'm it doesn't matter. We just want to get the ball up and go to the post and hit 55% all day every day.

I'll take my chances with a team shooting 55% all day every day and getting to the free throw line

rather than one guy shooting about 35% on threes all day and being one dimenssional.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was quoting you. You'll find people will do that from time to time on here.

Word to the wise. A less abrasive first 20 posts might increase the likelihood of you lasting here. But hey... to each his own.

You came at me first dude.

you seem to be so certain that we all don't know about Kerr. I watched him enough to know. He's Mike Dantoni 2.0

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came at me first dude.

you seem to be so certain that we all don't know about Kerr. I watched him enough to know. He's Mike Dantoni 2.0

I am certain that the story of how good of a coach Kerr is is yet to be written.

You seem certain that he isn't a good playoff coach and that the Warriors aren't a good playoff team. That's great.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certain that the story of how good of a coach Kerr is is yet to be written.

You seem certain that he isn't a good playoff coach and that the Warriors aren't a good playoff team. That's great.
If you have to wait 10 years to make a judgement on a player or coach then you'll be late to the party.

come on step up, have an opinion and know what makes a good coach or player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG. That's not going to work. They are not going to switch, they're going to go under everything and keep everything outside and just control pace to win.

Didn't you hear Joeger coaching last night he said the best thing in these playoffs.

If they make'm they make'm it doesn't matter. We just want to get the ball up and go to the post and hit 55% all day every day.

I'll take my chances with a team shooting 55% all day every day and getting to the free throw line

rather than one guy shooting about 35% on threes all day and being one dimenssional.

the chances of memphis shooting 55% against the best defensive team in basketball is very very slim

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Whoever made this troll account, well done.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the chances of memphis shooting 55% against the best defensive team in basketball is very very slim

They will on post up plays. That is something they can go to.

What to the Warriors have to go to when they're down 5 with 3 minutes left in a tough game? Will that come through for them at greater odds than what Memphis will do?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did D'Antoni ever have the #1 defensive team in the league? It sure as hell wasn't with the Lakers, Knicks or Suns.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did D'Antoni ever have the #1 defensive team in the league? It sure as hell wasn't with the Lakers, Knicks or Suns.
Are you trying to claim the Warriors to be the number 1 defensive team in the NBA?

Didn't they give up well over 100 points per game.

Also everything defensively they do is because of Mark Jackson and they will decline defensively over time.

It's like when Barry Switzer was carried to a SB with Jimmy Johnson's team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to claim the Warriors to be the number 1 defensive team in the NBA?

Didn't they give up well over 100 points per game.

Also everything defensively they do is because of Mark Jackson and they will decline defensively over time.

It's like when Barry Switzer was carried to a SB with Jimmy Johnson's team.

They are number one in the league in defensive efficiency.

Hollinger's NBA Team Stats - ESPN Insider - National Basketball Association - ESPN

The previous 2 seasons, under Mark Jackson, they finished 13th and 3rd.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tod, you need to work on your troll game. If you didn't come on so strong, you could have easily gotten me to write an essay, which I've been known to do on the Warriors board. Try starting with some praise first, then slowly integrating negative comments to cause a stir.

Also the best thing would have been to praise the team and as soon as they face some adversity, turn on them really hard saying you don't believe in them anymore. That would have gotten the biggest rise.

Good luck in your future trolling endeavors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tod, you need to work on your troll game. If you didn't come on so strong, you could have easily gotten me to write an essay, which I've been known to do on the Warriors board. Try starting with some praise first, then slowly integrating negative comments to cause a stir.

Also the best thing would have been to praise the team and as soon as they face some adversity, turn on them really hard saying you don't believe in them anymore. That would have gotten the biggest rise.

Good luck in your future trolling endeavors.

Excellent advice. Non-entertaining trolls tend not to last long on the Hoop. So far, Tod's trolling is decidedly sub-par.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent advice. Non-entertaining trolls tend not to last long on the Hoop. So far, Tod's trolling is decidedly sub-par.
So now you've resorted to name calling. That's real mature.